• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

@toby91_ca: Yeah ok, I forgot about the partial package option. That makes it easier and you can be more selective with it. If it does help the franchise with selling out, I'm not so sure. (not talking bout the Leafs, they might sell out no matter what is going on)

@Neomaxizoomdweebie: I know about that kind of argumentation, have heard it multiple times over the years, no matter what league is discussed. Question remains...when is it enough? When will people stop spending their money on this? We'll see.

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

?

I made a thread about it back in the summer. Below is what I posted:

On 8/29/2017 at 1:00 PM, kliq said:

Is anyone else on this board a season ticket holder? If yes, what was your experience this year in getting tickets with the new arena?

Mine was awful, and after being a 10 game season ticket holder for 4 years, I quit. 

In previous years, the way it worked was you were given like 4 tiers. Tier 1 would have maybe 10 games available (say Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins etc), and you had to say pick 3 of them. Then tier 2 would have 10 available, and you would have to pick another 3, so on and so on. Not to mention, in the past if something changed in my schedule and I had to swap games, my rep was awesome and would always work with me as long as you were willing to exchange for another game within the same tier.

This year in addition to the price increase, you no longer have the option of of choosing what games you want. You are given 4 plans, the Howe plan, Lindsay plan, Abel plan, and Delvecchio plan AND you have to decide to purchase one of these plans within a 24 hour window assigned to you by the team. You have absolutely no flexibility, to choose what you want. When I called my new rep and asked her if I could swap a couple games out as there were a few I just couldn't make due to work obligations, I was told that you could not swap games any more and was suggested to sell them online.

I did buy tickets for the openers (preseason and regular season) through stubhub, but I was really disappointed this year.

Just curious if anyone else had the same experience? Or a better/worse one?

Edited by kliq

Mrazek is so predictably unpredictable lol

My prediction was he'd continue the hotstreak, get us a higher conditional pick, get re-signed by Philly at $4, and then s*** the bed game one in October and have another terrible season.

But he couldn't even keep it together that long lmao

The guy is s***. Howard - who everyone bitched is inconsistent throughout his career - is the epitome of consistency next to Mrazek.

Good riddance.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Mrazek gave up 5 goals in a loss against Penguins last night.

Only 4, one was an empty netter....but still pretty bad stat line, .852 sv % and 4.03 GAA.  He's given up 4 or more goals in each of his last 4 games

21 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Hes also played 4 of the best 5 teams.

Huh?  His last 4 were against PIT, FLA, TBL and CAR.  PIT and TBL are in top 5 in the East, but not league (only TBL is.....he let in 6 that game).  FLA and CAR aren't top 5 no matter how you look at it.

Mrazek's performance so far in Philadelphia completely encapsulates his time here in Detroit. He played absolutely awesome for a bit, then he just took a nose dive. This is why this guy is such a lightning rod, he just can't do it consistently. But when he is on, he looks amazing. 

I highly doubt Philly qualifies him. He likely becomes a UFA and signs as a backup on a team like Edmonton. 

56 minutes ago, kliq said:

Mrazek's performance so far in Philadelphia completely encapsulates his time here in Detroit. He played absolutely awesome for a bit, then he just took a nose dive. 

Are you suggesting he started out playing awesome for a bit with Philly and then took a nose dive?  Or saying the he played awesome to start with DET and then took a nose dive that continued with PHI?

If the former, playing awesome for a bit is probably on overstatement.  He's been there 7 games now, his first game was good and was against CBJ (bubble wild card team right now).  2nd game was bad and it was against OTT (makes it even worse).  3rd game was good, but was against MON, so take that with a grain of salt....the following 4 games were all bad.

11 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Are you suggesting he started out playing awesome for a bit with Philly and then took a nose dive?  Or saying the he played awesome to start with DET and then took a nose dive that continued with PHI?

If the former, playing awesome for a bit is probably on overstatement.  He's been there 7 games now, his first game was good and was against CBJ (bubble wild card team right now).  2nd game was bad and it was against OTT (makes it even worse).  3rd game was good, but was against MON, so take that with a grain of salt....the following 4 games were all bad.

What’s your assessment of Mrazek as a goalie? Average? Career backup? Too early to tell? 

58 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What’s your assessment of Mrazek as a goalie? Average? Career backup? Too early to tell? 

Ha, not my area of specialty....I'm not a scout, especially not a goalie scout.  That said, I'd probably say too early to tell.  He just turned 26, if he was a forward, it would be different, but so many examples (I'd say probably more the norm) for goalies and defenseman to not hit their stride until later in their 20s.  I think he's right around the time now though that he should be showing what he really is.

He's going through a pretty tough stretch now, but who knows?  It doesn't look good, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.  Probably easy to say, but "let's see what he does next year".  He has shown the ability to be a very good goalie, he has been inconsistent, but that doesn't bother me at all as you would expect that with a young goalie.....the trouble signs now are that he seems to be going in the wrong direction.

4 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

With all due respect, I think you may be taking my comments to literally.

I was making the point that throughout this extremely short stint on Philly, the trajectory has been pretty much the same as Detroit. His first few games he looked good, then he nose dived. I'm not looking to pick apart the actual games, that's not my point. I'm not saying he was an all star on Detroit, but right when you thought he was something special, he becomes equally as bad.

I was reading the Flyers fan boards, and alot of fans thought that Hextall fleeced Holland and they acquired a star after just a few games. Long story short, that narrative has changed.

6 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Ha, not my area of specialty....I'm not a scout, especially not a goalie scout.  That said, I'd probably say too early to tell.  He just turned 26, if he was a forward, it would be different, but so many examples (I'd say probably more the norm) for goalies and defenseman to not hit their stride until later in their 20s.  I think he's right around the time now though that he should be showing what he really is.

He's going through a pretty tough stretch now, but who knows?  It doesn't look good, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.  Probably easy to say, but "let's see what he does next year".  He has shown the ability to be a very good goalie, he has been inconsistent, but that doesn't bother me at all as you would expect that with a young goalie.....the trouble signs now are that he seems to be going in the wrong direction.

So there's still hope for B.Smith?  ;)

12 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Youth = not accountable

Sorry, I don't purchase this BS

8 hours ago, kliq said:

With all due respect, I think you may be taking my comments to literally.

I was making the point that throughout this extremely short stint on Philly, the trajectory has been pretty much the same as Detroit. His first few games he looked good, then he nose dived. I'm not looking to pick apart the actual games, that's not my point. I'm not saying he was an all star on Detroit, but right when you thought he was something special, he becomes equally as bad.

I was reading the Flyers fan boards, and alot of fans thought that Hextall fleeced Holland and they acquired a star after just a few games. Long story short, that narrative has changed.

Other teams are quickly learning Detroit assets are not worth what they used to be.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So there's still hope for B.Smith?  ;)

He's a smoke show in the AHL, oh wait

https://hokej.idnes.cz/matej-machovsky-ahl-echl-grand-rapids-petr-mrazek-fb7-/nhl.aspx?c=A180309_120958_nhl_elv

Hereby quite honest "interesting interview" with current GR Machovsky.. 

Not even sure if you are interested in translation, but... ok, let´s try. 

- "I was told I´m not going to make AHL, while goalies there are well paid there. I didn´t really expect this is NHL organization but what could you do..."

- "I was signing the contract with idea of fighting for AHL starter spot. Ok, I´ve said, I have nothing to lost. Then they signed another goalie. They probably felt pity of him that nobody want him or what."

- Interview was done prior to Mrazek trade. "I will finish the season here. I don´t have intention to continue in US next yeat"

- "Yes, AHL is sort of motivation for me. I believe I´m doing my best."

- "I will stay if they will pay me. Otherwise I´m leaving, .. I believe I´m good enough to don´t play somewhere in some ECHL"

...funny part about his overseas experience. 

If you ask some citizen here about the city, they will mention just where some fast foods are. Not really surprised about their obesity. You switch on the tv and you´ve got like nine minutes of fast food and coke commercials mostly within ten minutes . Or medicines or army. Kind of brainwashing online. Keep track with Kardashians etc., I don´t really get that..."

- "Green brains. Got army all around the world and paying tribute for every single soldier guarding some beach somewhere." 

- But he´s also positive. "People are more friendly here. Better than in CZ. Really trying to help you." He does enjoy GR as very nice city with good cousine etc. 

- About his fight  "I´ve been always dreaming about this. Pity that guy was just blocking me, probably understood that wouldn´t be good for him. "

On 3/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Juklitz said:

https://hokej.idnes.cz/matej-machovsky-ahl-echl-grand-rapids-petr-mrazek-fb7-/nhl.aspx?c=A180309_120958_nhl_elv

- "I was told I´m not going to make AHL, while goalies there are well paid there. I didn´t really expect this is NHL organization but what could you do..."

- "I was signing the contract with idea of fighting for AHL starter spot. Ok, I´ve said, I have nothing to lost. Then they signed another goalie. They probably felt pity of him that nobody want him or what."

- Interview was done prior to Mrazek trade. "I will finish the season here. I don´t have intention to continue in US next yeat"

- "I will stay if they will pay me. Otherwise I´m leaving, .. I believe I´m good enough to don´t play somewhere in some ECHL"

If you ask some citizen here about the city, they will mention just where some fast foods are. Not really surprised about their obesity. You switch on the tv and you´ve got like nine minutes of fast food and coke commercials mostly within ten minutes . Or medicines or army. Kind of brainwashing online. Keep track with Kardashians etc., I don´t really get that..."

- "Green brains. Got army all around the world and paying tribute for every single soldier guarding some beach somewhere." 

- But he´s also positive. "People are more friendly here. Better than in CZ. Really trying to help you." He does enjoy GR as very nice city with good cousine etc. 

- About his fight  "I´ve been always dreaming about this. Pity that guy was just blocking me, probably understood that wouldn´t be good for him. "

'Murica

On 3/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Juklitz said:

And that's what makes us the best in the world.

47 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Come on Petr, One more win and the Flyers making the playoffs and we get their 2018 3rd. Better yet make the ECF and win 6 games and that 3rd goes to a 2nd.

Very good odds at the 4th becoming a 3rd, I think it's unlikely that Philly will miss the playoffs....they are in a pretty good spot right now.  1 more win for Mrazek is a no brainer with this many games left.  Moving up to a 2nd pick is a different story though....pretty unlikely 1) I don't see Philly making the ECF and 2) Mrazek would have to have won 6 out of the 8 games to get there.....I'm not sure what their goalie situation is now, would we be the no brainer starting goalie, or chance he becomes backup by playoff time?  Anything can happen in the playoffs though.

5 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

.....I'm not sure what their goalie situation is now, would we be the no brainer starting goalie, or chance he becomes backup by playoff time? 

Both Elliot and Neuvirth out for the season, I´ve heard. 

2 hours ago, Juklitz said:

Both Elliot and Neuvirth out for the season, I´ve heard. 

I think Eliot's a possibility. Can't see this article unless you subscribe, but the blurb on google news say "Brian Elliott was on the ice before the Flyers' morning skate Monday. Flyers general manager Ron Hextall hopes Elliott can return to action before the end of the regular season."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/jori-lehtera-philadelphia-flyers-brian-elliott-return-vegas-golden-knights-20180312.html

Apparently, Philly hasn't said anything on Neuvirth, though, so that probably means it's serious, but who knows.

27 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Mrazek's stats with the Red Wings and the Flyers this year. He's even worse with the Flyers. Anyone else still want to keep making excuses for Mrazek?

9tCVypM.png?1

Yes - The sun was in his eyes the entire time against Columbus. Totally not his fault.