• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Mrazek's stats with the Red Wings and the Flyers this year. He's even worse with the Flyers. Anyone else still want to keep making excuses for Mrazek?

9tCVypM.png?1

Clearly a reference to me, so I'll respond. And I'll try again to explain what I saying before. 

My whole point before was that I thought it was an overreaction for the game 7-6 game. This was because Phiily has let a lot of goals against throughout this year (among the most of playoff teams). and because the game was against Tampa who have a ridiculous high scoring offence (a full 18 GF more than the next closest team) an have blown out many teams and better goalies this year.

You may call that making an excuse, but I think it's being realistic and I do think you should take factors into consideration. One highscoring shootout loss to the best team in the league doesn't mean much to me when taking that into consideration and that he was still largely good for them at that point.

Not every discussion needs to be black and white. I've argued for keeping Mrazek to the end of the year to see if he'd continue his resurgence, but I've not been blanket posting positive for Mrazek - I argued against others about supposed mistreatment of Mraz and how I never thought Mrazek earned the #1 spot when he was given it, etc. Yet you made it into an argument against some over the top fanboy who was too "emotionally attached to these players".  Seemed like you were arguing with a caricature or deliberatly misrepresenting my posts. Was quite annoying, but shouldn't have called you a troll - apologies. Someone did steal my car the day before and maybe my patience wasn't where it should be (Or is that making another excuse, haha).

Anyway, Mrazek has played rough for an extended period now and it's looking more like his resurgence was shortlived. Seems more like a good decision to trade him and I was wrong about keeping him. C'est la vie. Bring on Larsson as the goalie of the future?

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

22 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Clearly a reference to me.

It wasn’t.

When I make a general post like that it’s to anyone who supported Mrazek. Which does include you, but not just you.

If I was looking for a duel with someone specific I would quote and @username them. 

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It wasn’t.

When I make a general post like that it’s to anyone who supported Mrazek. Which does include you, but not just you.

If I was looking for a duel with someone specific I would quote and @username them. 

Fair enough. 

Anyway, I never responded to your previous posts about me so I think my post addresses those.

Even I can't defend his recent play in Philly after his great start there. He has the perfect chance. Change of scenery, the chance to start all the games he can get in front of a better team, but he's slipped right back into play very reminiscent of last season. Either very good or very bad. He may have just lost the starting job to Lyon, the kid who he was brought in to handle the load for. Lyon just won 4-2 against the Canes tonight. No excuses for Mrazek anymore.

Elliott still isn't due back for a bit, but if the Flyers make the playoffs, I think the Wings can kiss anything more than that one third rounder goodbye, because unless Mrazek gets his s*** together real quick, he won't be playing any playoff games with Elliott available. He might not even be on the bench. And if that happens, kiss the extra third for re-signing him goodbye too, although that was a long shot unless he kept that streak of great games going.

Really hoped he finally got his s*** together, especially after continuing his great play when he got to Philly. Not sure what'll become of him July 1, but if he does find a team, he's not getting paid much barring a turnaround. And he better do it now.

Sad stuff. So much potential but zero consistency. Smarten up.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:56 PM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I think Eliot's a possibility. Can't see this article unless you subscribe, but the blurb on google news say "Brian Elliott was on the ice before the Flyers' morning skate Monday. Flyers general manager Ron Hextall hopes Elliott can return to action before the end of the regular season."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/jori-lehtera-philadelphia-flyers-brian-elliott-return-vegas-golden-knights-20180312.html

Apparently, Philly hasn't said anything on Neuvirth, though, so that probably means it's serious, but who knows.

Yeah, they're pretty confident Elliott will be ready in time for the playoffs. Considering he had surgery, him being on the ice already, getting exercise, staying in shape somewhat, is good. Neuvirth is out for the season i'm sure. Even if he is ready, highly doubt he will get the backup role over Mrazek or Lyon. Hextall seems pretty fed up with him being made of glass and unable to be counted on, especially going down right after Elliott, forcing his hand into a trade he didn't really want to make. He was going to ride Neuvirth while giving Lyon odd starts, but Mikey had other plans. Would be surprised to see him black and orange again.

I'd be surprised if the Flyers don't make the playoffs. They have a 6 point cushion right now, granted the Panthers have 3 games in hand. But still, that's a lot of points to make up with only 10 / 13 games remaining.

Mrazek has been bad. There's no question about that. I do think he'll get at least another couple starts this season though (depending how he plays in those games). They have one back-to-back today, in which he's expected to start, and one more on the 27th / 28th. I'd be shocked to see Lyon run the last 10 games straight. Mrazek will get one more win. I think he'll play that game against us on Tuesday. It would be pretty cool if he gets it in that game.

I still think that 4th will turn into a 3rd. But unfortunately, that's probably all we'll get in this trade...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be surprised if the Flyers don't make the playoffs. They have a 6 point cushion right now, granted the Panthers have 3 games in hand. But still, that's a lot of points to make up with only 10 / 13 games remaining.

Mrazek has been bad. There's no question about that. I do think he'll get at least another couple starts this season though (depending how he plays in those games). They have one back-to-back today, in which he's expected to start, and one more on the 27th / 28th. I'd be shocked to see Lyon run the last 10 games straight. Mrazek will get one more win. I think he'll play that game against us on Tuesday. It would be pretty cool if he gets it in that game.

I still think that 4th will turn into a 3rd. But unfortunately, that's probably all we'll get in this trade...

I think they'll make the playoffs, be it with Mrazek or Lyon. I'm pretty sure Mrazek hasn't put himself in a situation where he's not going to play regularily, yet. They're trying not use Lyon too much, that was clear when the trade was made for Mrazek even though Hextall didn't want it. He won't run ten straight.

Everyone knows how good Mrazek is when he's on his game, but he needs to give himself a kick in the ass and stop being so bipolar with his play starting yesterday. Or he may as well get himself ready to go home or play as a third stringer in the NHL somewhere for peanuts.

He'll get that one more win, no worries about that. It will only be one third rounder out of the deal though, nothing more. Might play against the Wings Tuesday, but who knows right now. When the trade happened, no doubt about it. Would be cool to see him get that 5th win then though.

If Mrazek gets a start against the Wings. Holland will personally come to the locker room and tell them all to throw the game.

Ofcourse Don Zetterberg will tell him to f*** off and the Wings will probably end up blowing Mrazek out. 

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

If Mrazek gets a start against the Wings. Holland will personally come to the locker room and tell them all to throw the game.

Ofcourse Don Zetterberg will tell him to f*** off and the Wings will probably end up blowing Mrazek out. 

Holland shouldnt have say anything at this point. The direction is clear, tank er.

Hahaha Damn, he was pissed when he got pulled tonight. Didn't see the game, but reading some things from Flyers fans, they say their D was s*** in front of him, and the rest of the team didnt really start playing till partway through the second, so he kinda had a right to be mad. Second goal was on him, but first and third was the D.

Whatever, good job yelling at the coaches of a team you recently joined. I know this one stings for him, but he may have just got himself benched until Elliott comes back, then maybe a seat in the stands after that.

Petr, Petr, Petr....

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

Howard beat Mrazek again lol. 

They both stunk though. 

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

Petr “attitude problems” Mrazek.

Could have just been because it was a game in Detroit. He's been yanked before in Philly and took it in stride.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Could have just been because it was a game in Detroit. He's been yanked before in Philly and took it in stride.

He had attitude issues last year in Detroit didnt he? 

Edited by kickazz