• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

On 3/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, chaps80 said:

Even I can't defend his recent play in Philly after his great start there. He has the perfect chance. Change of scenery, the chance to start all the games he can get in front of a better team, but he's slipped right back into play very reminiscent of last season. Either very good or very bad. He may have just lost the starting job to Lyon, the kid who he was brought in to handle the load for. Lyon just won 4-2 against the Canes tonight. No excuses for Mrazek anymore.

Elliott still isn't due back for a bit, but if the Flyers make the playoffs, I think the Wings can kiss anything more than that one third rounder goodbye, because unless Mrazek gets his s*** together real quick, he won't be playing any playoff games with Elliott available. He might not even be on the bench. And if that happens, kiss the extra third for re-signing him goodbye too, although that was a long shot unless he kept that streak of great games going.

Really hoped he finally got his s*** together, especially after continuing his great play when he got to Philly. Not sure what'll become of him July 1, but if he does find a team, he's not getting paid much barring a turnaround. And he better do it now.

Sad stuff. So much potential but zero consistency. Smarten up.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:38 AM, krsmith17 said:

I'd be surprised if the Flyers don't make the playoffs. They have a 6 point cushion right now, granted the Panthers have 3 games in hand. But still, that's a lot of points to make up with only 10 / 13 games remaining.

Mrazek has been bad. There's no question about that. I do think he'll get at least another couple starts this season though (depending how he plays in those games). They have one back-to-back today, in which he's expected to start, and one more on the 27th / 28th. I'd be shocked to see Lyon run the last 10 games straight. Mrazek will get one more win. I think he'll play that game against us on Tuesday. It would be pretty cool if he gets it in that game.

I still think that 4th will turn into a 3rd. But unfortunately, that's probably all we'll get in this trade...

Top kek

42 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yo you must be a student of the same radical ideas as me...

Player plays bad = bad player

Player plays good = good player

Revolutionary I know, but hopefully it will catch on with LGW fans

When a guy goes from great to elite to bad to great to bad to great to bad, etc. , it isn't that simple though. There's reasons some of us still held out hope for him. But it doesn't matter anymore. All that matters to me now is tank.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol you become a huge ***** when you lose eh?

Not trying to be an ass, but it is pointless. We still clearly have goaltending issues on this team without him, so why not talk about those, like how much Coreau sucks and shouldn't even be in the NHL? 

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Not trying to be an ass, but it is pointless. We still clearly have goaltending issues on this team without him, so why not talk about those, like how much Coreau sucks and shouldn't even be in the NHL? 

You are an ass. You're not even man enough to own up to when you're wrong. You'd rather pivot to new issues now that you know you have zero ground to stand on. Pathetic.

Go ahead and pivot. I'm comfortable knowing most users here see you for what you are.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You are an ass. You're not even man enough to own up to when you're wrong. You'd rather pivot to new issues now that you know you have zero ground to stand on. Pathetic.

Go ahead and pivot. I'm comfortable knowing most users here see you for what you are.

You get pretty worked up over an internet msg board, huh?

Mrazek was traded so i'm supposed to be "wrong" about him? I'm just over it. He's a talented goalie who screws s*** up for himself, even after a fresh start. All the talent in the world doesn't matter when your head is elsewhere every couple games. Only thing i'm wrong about is thinking he'd smarten up eventually. I'm not wrong that he's a good goalie talent wise. I don't think many would say he isn't.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:29 PM, chaps80 said:

You get pretty worked up over an internet msg board, huh?

Mrazek was traded so i'm supposed to be "wrong" about him? I'm just over it. He's a talented goalie who screws s*** up for himself, even after a fresh start. All the talent in the world doesn't matter when your head is elsewhere every couple games. Only thing i'm wrong about is thinking he'd smarten up eventually. I'm not wrong that he's a good goalie talent wise. I don't think many would say he isn't.

Worked up? The only one working is you doing all the back peddling lol. Keep on trying to rationalize why you love a s*** goalie...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 29/03/2018 at 4:31 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Worked up? The only one working is you doing all the back peddling lol. Keep on trying to rationalize why you love a s*** goalie...

Reading this thread's last couple of pages makes me wonder if perhaps you could do with finding greater meaning elsewhere in your life, rather than badgering someone to confess that you, oh wise one, were right all along.  

Mrazek has shown that he has great natural talent. He has also shown that lacks the positional fundamentals to maximise that talent consistently. The latter should be considerably easier to acquire than the former, but alas he is now further from doing so than he was when he first broke into the league. This suggests greater mental fragility than he demonstrated through his junior and earlier professional career. 

Can he fix it? Who knows? At this stage there are still a whole load of possibilities from finding himself back in eastern europe for the remainder of his career, to turning it around and becoming a good starting NHL goaltender. Very few goaltenders have become what they will be at his age, and that includes those who start great and tail off, and those who suddenly find consistency.

None of us know the guy personally, so can't comment on whether he has the mental strength, flexibility, humility and intelligence to become the player he once looked very likely to be.

And now he's not a wing any longer, very few of us care.

4 hours ago, lomekian said:

Reading this thread's last couple of pages makes me wonder if perhaps you could do with finding greater meaning elsewhere in your life, rather than badgering someone to confess that you, oh wise one, were right all along.  

Mrazek has shown that he has great natural talent. He has also shown that lacks the positional fundamentals to maximise that talent consistently. The latter should be considerably easier to acquire than the former, but alas he is now further from doing so than he was when he first broke into the league. This suggests greater mental fragility than he demonstrated through his junior and earlier professional career. 

Can he fix it? Who knows? At this stage there are still a whole load of possibilities from finding himself back in eastern europe for the remainder of his career, to turning it around and becoming a good starting NHL goaltender. Very few goaltenders have become what they will be at his age, and that includes those who start great and tail off, and those who suddenly find consistency.

None of us know the guy personally, so can't comment on whether he has the mental strength, flexibility, humility and intelligence to become the player he once looked very likely to be.

What a consistent post....

4 hours ago, lomekian said:

Yeah that's the typical comment I'm seeing from Mrazek fan boys who were wrong about him.

Cool. Still not going to stop some of us from talking about him for years and years to come. I suggest you get used to it bro. It's a hockey forum. Dissecting players over and over and over is what's done on these types of websites. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Has he hit 5 wins yet?

Yes, the 5 wins have been hit by Petr. Now we just need any combination of 7 points gained by the Flyers in their remaining 4 games, or 7 points lost by the Panthers in their remaining 6 games. It's likely but not guaranteed.

The Flyers have a game against the Bruins, Hurricanes, Islanders and Rangers remaining. The Panthers has 3! of their remaining 6 games against the Bruins, 2 of them in Boston, a game against the Preds, Hurricanes and Sabres. Go Bruins!

I was a Mrazek over Howard guy the entire time, in the end, I didn't care which one got traded (preferred Howard) just whichever one brought us the best return.

I admit, I was deeply disappointed and WRONG about Mrazek being our future All-Star, Stanley Cup Goalie. Once you get past the Denial, Anger and acceptance of being wrong, you can admit it! Plus, that gives you a bit of gloat time when you are right about a thing or two!

The last step is moving forward! After Jimmy is gone, who do we moved forward with? Perhaps this is best discussed in the other thread!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I was a Mrazek over Howard guy the entire time, in the end, I didn't care which one got traded (preferred Howard) just whichever one brought us the best return.

I admit, I was deeply disappointed and WRONG about Mrazek being our future All-Star, Stanley Cup Goalie. Once you get past the Denial, Anger and acceptance of being wrong, you can admit it! Plus, that gives you a bit of gloat time when you are right about a thing or two!

The last step is moving forward! After Jimmy is gone, who do we moved forward with? Perhaps this is best discussed in the other thread!

Can’t believe Leftwinger is the one that made the mature post around here.

Mrazek fan boys need to learn a thing or two from this guy.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I want them to sign Rannta. He's playing very well for an awful Coyotes team. 

Have him start next year with Howard as backup, trade Howard at the TDL then bring Howard back the following season with a backups salary, he doesnt want it, move on and bring in any backup.

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I don't really have a favorite player on the Wings now.  First time in a long time.

What about the elite Dylan Larkin?

17 hours ago, lomekian said:

Oh boohoo. Don't like the way I post? Go tell your mommy, no one else cares.

Mrazek sucks. The numbers say he sucks. The eye ball test says he sucks. He's sucked for multiple seasons and on multiple teams under multiple conditions and multiple coaches. The guy sucks.

"But alas, he had a splendid season many moons ago, and perhaps he has the humility and candor to become the player I so desperately need him to become."

Spare me.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I want them to sign Rannta. He's playing very well for an awful Coyotes team. 

Have him start next year with Howard as backup, trade Howard at the TDL then bring Howard back the following season with a backups salary, he doesnt want it, move on and bring in any backup.

While I preferred Howard over Mrazek, and I think he's a better goalie than people give him credit for, I am not opposed to trading him next year. I thought trading Mrazek first was the right thing to do. Sign a decent replacement this summer, and then trade Howard next season, assuming it's for a decent return. I think Holland has played this one well so far. In fact, I think the post-streak Holland has done pretty well, which is why I am not opposed to bringing him back.

Yep, Howard has got to go next. Hopefully during the trade deadline next year. 

Argued for him over Mrazek the last year or so. But far as I'm concerned he's officially got the word "Trade asset" written all over his face. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yep, Howard has got to go next. Hopefully during the trade deadline next year. 

Argued for him over Mrazek the last year or so. But far as I'm concerned he's officially got the word "Trade asset" written all over his face. 

Sad thing for Jimmy is, he has NO NTC for next year. He could end up in the dessert. Let's start looking at which team(s) need a goalie. I am not so sure goalies are guaranteed to have more value at the TDL, unless a team gets the injury bug, but if a nice offer comes up over the summer, take it! Buffalo and the Isles are in need for a better starter than what they have. Arizona as well...