• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, brett said:

woo looks like hes been pulled A LOT. doubt hell be in the NHL next year..

Just a few months ago I was called something along the lines of a overdramatic/blowhard/troll for suggesting this. But yup, it's happening. The wise one spoke but the heretics and the blasphemers would not listen. SIR JAMES HOWARD IS THE TRULY CHOSEN

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just a few months ago I was called something along the lines of a overdramatic/blowhard/troll for suggesting this. But yup, it's happening. The wise one spoke but the heretics and the blasphemers would not listen. SIR JAMES HOWARD IS THE TRULY CHOSEN

Just another example of the overly sensitive society we live in. Challenge opinions and people start crying. Aristotle, Plato and Socrates would be disappointed.

26 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Just another example of the overly sensitive society we live in. Challenge opinions and people start crying. Aristotle, Plato and Socrates would be disappointed.

I believe we as a society are trending in the other direction.  It seems we are over sensitive because the internet has given a voice to the population at large, and the remaining sensitive ones use that mouth piece to drown out the silent stable masses, but during the times of the philosophers you mentioned, people were routinely executed for offending the beliefs of others.  One even notable one in your list!  

The world is becoming a better place to live with every passing day, each generation builds off the toil of the one that came before, similar to skill level increases in our beloved sport.

24 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

I believe we as a society are trending in the other direction.  It seems we are over sensitive because the internet has given a voice to the population at large, and the remaining sensitive ones use that mouth piece to drown out the silent stable masses, but during the times of the philosophers you mentioned, people were routinely executed for offending the beliefs of others.  One even notable one in your list!  

The world is becoming a better place to live with every passing day, each generation builds off the toil of the one that came before, similar to skill level increases in our beloved sport.

But I thought Millennials are making things worse

On 2018-03-31 at 4:59 PM, LeftWinger said:

Sad thing for Jimmy is, he has NO NTC for next year. He could end up in the dessert. Let's start looking at which team(s) need a goalie. I am not so sure goalies are guaranteed to have more value at the TDL, unless a team gets the injury bug, but if a nice offer comes up over the summer, take it! Buffalo and the Isles are in need for a better starter than what they have. Arizona as well...

Things don’t look good in Chicago with Crawford’s head injury. He might be forced to retire. Could ship Jimmy there for that beer league dude.

On 2018-03-30 at 6:48 PM, lomekian said:

Reading this thread's last couple of pages makes me wonder if perhaps you could do with finding greater meaning elsewhere in your life, rather than badgering someone to confess that you, oh wise one, were right all along.  

Mrazek has shown that he has great natural talent. He has also shown that lacks the positional fundamentals to maximise that talent consistently. The latter should be considerably easier to acquire than the former, but alas he is now further from doing so than he was when he first broke into the league. This suggests greater mental fragility than he demonstrated through his junior and earlier professional career. 

Can he fix it? Who knows? At this stage there are still a whole load of possibilities from finding himself back in eastern europe for the remainder of his career, to turning it around and becoming a good starting NHL goaltender. Very few goaltenders have become what they will be at his age, and that includes those who start great and tail off, and those who suddenly find consistency.

None of us know the guy personally, so can't comment on whether he has the mental strength, flexibility, humility and intelligence to become the player he once looked very likely to be.

And now he's not a wing any longer, very few of us care.

Well put. Mrazek is in the past in Detroit now. He’s in Philly, doing what he did here, playing excellent and horrible seemingly depending on what he feels like doing that day when he gets up. Played well recently after Neuvirth yanked his groin stopping a shot half a game into his return, and was excellent again today against Boston. He’ll Probly take a game or two off then play like he cares again in the playoffs. At least he’s heading to the playoffs, good for him.

I don’t recall ever hearing of any mental issues during his junior/minor league career though. By all accounts he was calm and confident. I saw him play a few times in the OHL, didn’t seem to struggle. He was only in Toledo for a short period before his callup to GR, where he stayed put.

Edited by chaps80

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Well put. Mrazek is in the past in Detroit now. He’s in Philly, doing what he did here, playing excellent and horrible seemingly depending on what he feels like doing that day when he gets up. Played well recently after Neuvirth yanked his groin stopping a shot half a game into his return, and was excellent again today against Boston. He’ll Probly take a game or two off then play like he cares again in the playoffs. At least he’s heading to the playoffs, good for him.

Good for us. That 4th will now become a 3rd.

50 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Good for us. That 4th will now become a 3rd.

That too. But the 4th moving up to a 3rd was a given all along. 

Quite a few picks coming up in the next couple drafts. Kenny making them scares me. Having Kenny around at all scares me.

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

they haven't clinched yet, need 2 more points or a Florida loss.

Yep. Need three points in their final three games to make the playoffs. Or three missed points by Florida in their last four games. Florida has Nashville, Boston twice, and Buffalo. Philly has NYI, Carolina, and NYR. That third rounder should be safe, but guess you never know...

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. Need three points in their final three games to make the playoffs. Or three missed points by Florida in their last four games. Florida has Nashville, Boston twice, and Buffalo. Philly has NYI, Carolina, and NYR. That third rounder should be safe, but guess you never know...

Crap hate having to root for another team to win.  But hey a draft pick is a draft pick!! Feels too gross to root for Bruins so I will be a Preds fan for a day. Go Preds!!!

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Casual homophobia... you're off to a great start this off-season already :clap:

Much like what you said in the other thread? I'd say you need to look at yourself in the mirror, but with hatred like that it would shatter in to a million pieces.  A while ago you had to come up with a few different usernames because you couldn't control yourself, I'd dial it back some.

ho·mo·pho·bi·a
ˌhōməˈfōbēə/
noun
noun: homophobia
  1. dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

Nothing I said supports this term.  Unless you are saying that Jimmy IS homosexual (which there is nothing wrong with) and because I do not like him, that is why you called me this. Other than that, not sure how this name calling even supports anything we've talked about.

But you are right, I do not like Jimmy, because he stinks and makes to much money, oh and he's Swedish, oh wait....anyway, but whatever his personal preference in life is, it does not have any bearing on my dislike for him.
Edited by LeftWinger