• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

ugh...stuff Twitter. The discriminate WAY too much. I do miss some of my followers but I had to quit it. I l know my post in the Humboldt thread got deleted because I made it kind of political, which is fine, but when that lady said what she said about the only reason that people raised so much money, it broke the straw in my back...I was out.

But I do agree, it's just that the Wings are bad, super bad right now, it'll pick up after the lottery and the draft.  Look at it this way, even when the Wings are bad, the diehard(er) fans still come here!

Lefty's legion of minions! 

But who will preach them the truth?!

19 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

and this is your response to an olive branch.

You made a homophobic joke about Howard, and then pretended you didn't after the fact lol. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Even now, you haven't admitted you just made a dumb joke. 13dangledangle had to own it for you... so yeah, that's my response to your "olive branch"

15 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

WOWZA...This thread took a turn for the worse.  I personally think its a shame people cant make jokes anymore without it being taken for anything but what it was, a joke.   I personally thought the pitching and catching thing was hilarious, that doesn't make me homophobic nor does it make Leftwinger homophobic.  It was a joke....Whilst trying to figure out the actual problem here, is it the joke he made or the fact its about Howard (which he obviously dislikes-an opinion hes also entitled to I might add) that's the problem?   If its the joke we might as well tag #metoo everywhere around here all become vegan and sit around singing kumbaya  waiting for the second coming of Christ-which I also saw is Christopherreeveslegs so luckily we wont have to wait too long :balloon:

Not a bad assessment. I agree with your view on making jokes, and IT IS partially to do with Howard. I think there's a little more context here though.

For the record: I am not in love with Howard by any means. I think he's a pretty league average goalie who's overpaid for what he provides. I think that's a pretty fair assessment of him. However, if you spend enough time with Leftwinger, he'll have you believe the man is utter trash on one of the worst contracts ever and he'll rage on and on and on about it beating the dead horse into glue. It's annoying, and IMO a pretty unfair and overly-biased view of Howard. So I find myself constantly stepping-in to zealously defend Howard, even though he's far from my favorite player on the team. If the pendulum swings too far one way, it's bound to swing back too far the other way...

Lefty, if you're reading this. I feel the feel the exact same way about Franzen. I didn't actually give two craps about Franzen more than any other player on those teams. But the constant and endless over-the-top Franzen bashing that went on from 2011 to 2014, where every single conversation somehow devolved into Franzen is lazy, sucks, is on the worst contract ever, and Hossa is better, was so beyond annoying that, yes, I decided to go to war with you and others (you're not soley to blame for that one, it was site wide) about it.

I hope that puts my reaction and POV into better context. I don't care about the opinion so much as I do the endless tirade of bashing one single player. You hate Howard, we get it, let's move on or at least post something constructive about the situation. The little pitch and catch joke probably would have gotten zero reaction from me if it wasn't the Nth time he's bashed the man. And he has a history of posting socially insensitive remarks, which doesn't help.

15 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The reign of the plastics is OVER.

The plastics reign is eternal. Bow and accept me as your savior.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Nah, when you say something about someone's favorite player, or at least the one he is bending over backwards to defend, you can't joke about anything. You can't even have an opposite opinion about it. They get Butt hurt! :ninja::hysterical:

Howard is Horrible. That is why Mrazek was dealt, he got us a better return and no one wanted Howard, maybe he'll be a bit more wanted come this TDL. But hey, after watching the IIHF U18, we need to get another top 5 next year anyhow! 

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Mrazek wasn't traded because he had a lot of on-ice and off-ice issues... it's just that Howard was so much worse? I mean that is just such a poor understanding of the situation, gimme a break. Also, Howard is g-a-y too.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

I don't apologize for jokes. Jokes are jokes. That's the problem with sensitive snowflakes today, they think everything is offensive. When you joke, that means not serious. I don't care if he pitches or just catches or just swings his bat only in a warm warn in glove. I don't dislike him for that kind of stuff, so it wasn't homophobic. I don't even care if you pitch and catch, doesn't change my opinion of you outside of this forum. Don't mistake an olive branch to not joke like that anymore as an apology to you. It wasn't. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't apologize for jokes. Jokes are jokes. That's the problem with sensitive snowflakes today, they think everything is offensive. When you joke, that means not serious. I don't care if he pitches or just catches or just swings his bat only in a warm warn in glove. I don't dislike him for that kind of stuff, so it wasn't homophobic. I don't even care if you pitch and catch, doesn't change my opinion of you outside of this forum. Don't mistake an olive branch to not joke like that anymore as an apology to you. It wasn't. 

Wow you really don't get it do you?

You implied he was less of a person/player/whatever because he was homosexual. That's a problem, even as a "joke".

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

facepalm-spiderman.png

Yes, sure, that's what I did. I said the reason he is bad is because he is homosexual...which I don't think he is, but either way he is just bad. Related image

Not only is Number9 getting so full of himself, he expects an apology for joking about his favorite player. I implore you to re-read the definition of Homophobe. I never said that is the reason I didn't like him. He is bad, and overpaid, never lived up to his contract, that is why. I don't care if he was transgender. Also show me my history of socially insensitive remarks, do you mean your made up anti-swedish ideal? Never was and never will be anti-Swedish. I am just anti-crappy player who is overpaid. He could be Yiddish for all I care.

it's time to end this discussion. Do not attempt to keep it going... I will not partake. 

Edited by LeftWinger

43 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, sure, that's what I did. I said the reason he is bad is because he is homosexual...which I don't think he is, but either way he is just bad. Related image

Not only is Number9 getting so full of himself, he expects an apology for joking about his favorite player. I implore you to re-read the definition of Homophobe. I never said that is the reason I didn't like him. He is bad, and overpaid, never lived up to his contract, that is why. I don't care if he was transgender. Also show me my history of socially insensitive remarks, do you mean your made up anti-swedish ideal? Never was and never will be anti-Swedish. I am just anti-crappy player who is overpaid. He could be Yiddish for all I care.

it's time to end this discussion. Do not attempt to keep it going... I will not partake. 

I have not once asked for or even mentioned an apology, yet you keep rambling on about it...

You're losin' it dude