• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Rate this topic

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not sure what your on about mate, this is a Mrazek trade thread.

See below

DON'T derail threads. When posting in a topic please keep the conversation focused on what it was intended for. Posts that derail threads will be edited and/or deleted. Members that continually derail threads will have his/her posting privileges suspended.

Yes, yes it is.

Good Trade! Jimmy Next!

Maybe Mrazek will change his name and come back in the off season in the hopes that nobody notices he's the same bad attitude goalie...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you like you can send your formal admission of defeat to me in PM

Thanks

There was no defeat. Had Mrazek not turned things around before the trade, sure. He was outplaying Howard. That gave some incentive for Philly to look at him. Had he not improved, he would still be here. His contract was the easiest to move of the two also, with Howard still having another year to go and making more money. They got Mrazek for half his salary and what is currently a fourth. Steal. That made him just as affordable as some of the other options, and he comes with an RFA qualifying option, should they feel they should use it. If they dont, he walks. No big deal. Howard wouldn’t fit that.

11 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

A good, solid move. Gets the Jacksoni stamp of approval. He was worth literally eastern european peanuts early autumn. Now we get two middle round picks for him. Hallelujah.

And now we have a vet starter who’s play has dropped off, and a backup who was horrible last time he was up. 

Hallelujah.

But it is good for tank.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So are following banishment rules, eh?L.

Make particular note of NOT CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT.

Yep, game, set, match. Have a great day Number9, GordiesHowesNumber, etc...

You do realize that the mods and owner of this website know exactly what happened and have allowed it/ given permission right? Are you implying the mods are stupid? 

Now quit derailing this thread and move on. And next time get a clue. Number9 is back and its with moderstor permission. 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

There was no defeat. Had Mrazek not turned things around before the trade, sure. He was outplaying Howard. That gave some incentive for Philly to look at him. Had he not improved, he would still be here. His contract was the easiest to move of the two also, with Howard still having another year to go and making more money. They got Mrazek for half his salary and what is currently a fourth. Steal. That made him just as affordable as some of the other options, and he comes with an RFA qualifying option, should they feel they should use it. If they dont, he walks. No big deal. Howard wouldn’t fit that.

Yeah, ok. Next you'll be telling everyone you weren't actually a Marzek fan all along. Sure, ok. 

Just now, kickazz said:

You do realize that the mods and owner of this website know exactly what happened and have allowed it/ given permission right? Are you implying the mods are stupid? 

Now quit derailing this thread and move on. And next time get a clue. Number9 is back, and it’s with moderator permission. 

Awesome! I think you started the derailing when you called HockeyMom a few names.

But yes, I do know about 9, but it doesn't mean 9 can banter on without getting a response.

Also means that you guys cannot be citing forums rules when they are broken daily by most users.

So....back to topic for sure! I agree!

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Awesome! I think you started the derailing when you called HockeyMom a few names.

But yes, I do know about 9, but it doesn't mean 9 can banter on without getting a response.

Also means that you guys cannot be citing forums rules when they are broken daily by most users.

So....back to topic for sure! I agree!

I STARTED calling her names? Prove it. Go look at the post history one by one. 

Hockeymom was the one that STARTED by caling me names. 

And then we both stopped in 2 posts and kept it civil. Until YOU came in here and decided to further derail it and stirred the pot some more.

Edited by kickazz

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah, ok. Next you'll be telling everyone you weren't actually a Marzek fan all along. Sure, ok. 

Nah, I was a huge Mrazek fan and slappy. I was calling for him to be the starter for a long long time! I hate to see him go, but he really did take a turn for the worse and somehow became a team cancer. Doesn't mean I am a Jimmy fan now, he sucks, always has, always will. I'd still choose Petr over Jimmy, but obviously Jimmy is worth garabge arounf the league and we dealt the one that got us the better return. Which has been fine with me for a long time now. I've said more than a few times that we should trade the one that bring the best return, if not both.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

We better out lottery odds.

There's no way Holland trades for a backup goaltender. He wants to see what we have in Coreau. I'm not high or Coreau, but I do think he's just as capable as any backup we could potentially get via trade.

I think Holland is done with Mrazek, but this would be amazing.

42 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, that could happen, but I don’t see him re-signing in Detroit after this. Why would he want to? To compete with Howard again and end up behind no matter what he does? He gets back on track like I assumed they wanted him to do, and it wasn’t good enough. As long as Howard is in Detroit and Holland is GM, he’s not going anywhere, and he will always get chances over anyone else. Yes I know Mrazek had chances, but it was too early to give up on him imo. Oh well, it’s done and over with. I like that he ended up in Philly at least.

If I was a goalie wanting to start the most games I could, Detroit would be off the list of teams i’d sign with. 

I think we’re done with mrazek too. And just to clarify, the bit about us re-signing him cheaper this off season was more what I would like to happen, not what I think will happen. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No, because I am still a fan of his even if he swapped red and white for black and orange. 

Like I said before, Philly has always been my number two team since I was young. It’s all good. 

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Nah, I was a huge Mrazek fan and slappy. I was calling for him to be the starter for a long long time! I hate to see him go, but he really did take a turn for the worse and somehow became a team cancer. Doesn't mean I am a Jimmy fan now, he sucks, always has, always will. I'd still choose Petr over Jimmy, but obviously Jimmy is worth garabge arounf the league and we dealt the one that got us the better return. Which has been fine with me for a long time now. I've said more than a few times that we should trade the one that bring the best return, if not both.

But Jimmy is literally better than Mrazek

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I STARTED calling her names? Prove it. Go look at the post history one hy one. 

Hockeymom was the one that STARTED by caling me names. 

And then we both stopped in 2 posts and kept it civil. Until YOU came in here and decided to further derail it and stirred the pot some more.

Topic, topic!

But I don't think she enjoyed you calling her out saying she was going to cry. Like she was some kind of baby or something. By her response it's obvious you two have been going back and forth a bit.

I came in here and saw you citing forum rules about name calling, when everyday I put up with you and some others flaming me.  I don't pull out the rule book when that happens, so I though it was a bit too funny that someone who flames and name calls and makes fun of users daily would cite the forum guidelines.

But you see, I also stopped after a couple of posts....but then the same old suspects come in and flame it right back up. I'm sorry your friend *ForLife could not control himself, but I have told the mods I am fine if they let him back as long as he contributes constructively, but he just cannot seem to do so.

Now that we are on the same page....TOPIC! I don't want to see anyone get suspended nor do I want to be either.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Topic, topic!

But I don't think she enjoyed you calling her out saying she was going to cry. Like she was some kind of baby or something. By her response it's obvious you two have been going back and forth a bit.

I came in here and saw you citing forum rules about name calling, when everyday I put up with you and some others flaming me.  I don't pull out the rule book when that happens, so I though it was a bit too funny that someone who flames and name calls and makes fun of users daily would cite the forum guidelines.

But you see, I also stopped after a couple of posts....but then the same old suspects come in and flame it right back up. I'm sorry your friend *ForLife could not control himself, but I have told the mods I am fine if they let him back as long as he contributes constructively, but he just cannot seem to do so.

Now that we are on the same page....TOPIC! I don't want to see anyone get suspended nor do I want to be either.

What is this like your 5th attempt to derail this thread?

Anybody wanna actually talk about the trade?

We got a 4th for this guy when we couldn't even give him to Vegas for free before? I'll take it. I would've been okay if Howard had been the one that was traded and we went all in on Petr as well. Worst case scenario he s***s the bed and helps a tank effort, best case he turned into a legit starter. As it is we have a solid, proven guy in Howard and that's fine by me. Good trade imo.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But Jimmy is literally better than Mrazek

We will see. And sorry, I thought your post was at me, it see it was at Chaps80.

I honestly hope Jimmy does good, but I still like Mrazek better. They are about the same, but Howard has less value because of his age and injury history. They traded the one that got them the better return. Although I know Holland wasn't going to qualify him in July, so he probably would've accepted a used stick for him. I wonder what he did to fall out of graces....

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, yes it is.

Good Trade! Jimmy Next!

Maybe Mrazek will change his name and come back in the off season in the hopes that nobody notices he's the same bad attitude goalie...

Jimmy isn’t going anywhere. Holland will probably offer him another 5 year deal soon enough. It’s like he’s afraid to trade him, even though he’s easily replaceable. 

Its too bad Philly couldn’t send us Elliott for him, injured and all. But I guess Hextall isn’t that dumb.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Topic, topic!

Was it name calling or no? Yeah exactly. You’re free to apologize for your accusation in PMs if need be. It was a sarcastic remark and she name called me. She broke rules, I didn’t. Even then it was sarcasm on my part. End of story. And I didn’t cite forum rules so again you’re wrong. Next time you should mind your own business and stay out of our conflict; you’re not a moderator so don’t act like one. In fact you derailed it almost 12 hours after me and her had a back and forth. It was already done and handled.

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What is this like your 5th attempt to derail this thread?

Anybody wanna actually talk about the trade?

Not trying to at all, just responding to question posed to me. You see, I bring it back to topic in each of these. I know what you all are doing, its humorous!

Good trade, nice return for someone who was going to walk come July. I like it!

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Jimmy isn’t going anywhere. Holland will probably offer him another 5 year deal soon enough. It’s like he’s afraid to trade him, even though he’s easily replaceable. 

Its too bad Philly couldn’t send us Elliott for him, injured and all. But I guess Hextall isn’t that dumb.

I hope you're wrong about Jimmy...but then again that is Holland's way.

So, not sure, but if the Flyers do not make the ECF does the other draft pick disappear? 

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

And now we have a vet starter who’s play has dropped off, and a backup who was horrible last time he was up. 

Hallelujah.

But it is good for tank.

I have been praising for a tank some time now, albeit in a low key fashion. The talent we pick up needs to be fairly on par with what we will put our efforts on, being the usual suspects, Larks, Mantha, AA, a bubbler or two who shines up when they get the chance.

So we need them now, not a few years from now in order to grow to a cohesive unit.

50 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

No, it is what it is. Players get traded. Bonus that he went to Philly though. Good opportunity for him. 

This move sure helps the draft odds, but makes our goaltending very thin. Ride it out then look at off-season options.

What an honest and mature answer. 

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Not trying to at all, just responding to question posed to me. You see, I bring it back to topic in each of these. I know what you all are doing, its humorous!

Good trade, nice return for someone who was going to walk come July. I like it!

Oh look at me, I'm Leftwinger, I can rant about whatever I want and derail threads... as long as I tag on the same generic comment that I've already said multiple times about the actual topic at the end of my post. I'm above the rules.

Great return! I like the trade! Go Mraz!

11 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

We got a 4th for this guy when we couldn't even give him to Vegas for free before? I'll take it. I would've been okay if Howard had been the one that was traded and we went all in on Petr as well. Worst case scenario he s***s the bed and helps a tank effort, best case he turned into a legit starter. As it is we have a solid, proven guy in Howard and that's fine by me. Good trade imo.

I dunno why people bring up the Vegas thing so much. They wanted Fleury as their long term starter. That was clear way before the draft took place. Why take Mrazek at $4 million, when he just finished an overall bad season (only reason he was even available) and was untradeable, when you already have your starter picked out? Makes no sense at all. Neither Mrazek or Howard (coming off a short season due to injury, untradeable as well) would have been taken in that draft. Detroit’s three goalies were totally safe either way he went with protection/exposure. 

The only goalie left in Vegas from that draft is Fleury. No surprise there. Pickard was waived after a dissapointing camp, and is third string in Toronto, Bérubé was an upcoming UFA only taken due to a big side deal with NYI to protect other players. signed with Chicago July 1, has started one game for them. 

Subban was claimed off waivers from Boston.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I dunno why people bring up the Vegas thing so much. They wanted Fleury as their long term starter. That was clear way before the draft took place. Why take Mrazek at $4 million, when he just finished an overall bad season (only reason he was even available) and was untradeable, when you already have your starter picked out? Makes no sense at all. Neither Mrazek or Howard (coming off a short season due to injury, untradeable as well) would have been taken in that draft. Detroit’s three goalies were totally safe either way he went with protection/exposure. 

The only goalie left in Vegas from that draft is Fleury. No surprise there. Pickard was waived after a dissapointing camp, and is third string in Toronto, Bérubé was an upcoming UFA only taken due to a big side deal with NYI to protect other players. signed with Chicago July 1, has started one game for them. 

Subban was claimed off waivers from Boston.

I would argue that Vegas should have taken Mrazek. Fleury is 33, even if you already know you want him as your starter what are you going to do in the future after he declines, or gets injured? If I recall, they have the cap space, so taking Mrazek is a low risk high reward situation considering his potential (which people still believe is there). But that's for a different thread/topic. The point is, Vegas didn't want Mrazek for free, yet we got Philly to give up something for him. If you don't see the win there, I'm not sure what to say.

4 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I would argue that Vegas should have taken Mrazek. Fleury is 33, even if you already know you want him as your starter what are you going to do in the future after he declines, or gets injured? If I recall, they have the cap space, so taking Mrazek is a low risk high reward situation considering his potential (which people still believe is there). But that's for a different thread/topic. The point is, Vegas didn't want Mrazek for free, yet we got Philly to give up something for him. If you don't see the win there, I'm not sure what to say.

Philly wasn’t the first team after Vegas willing to give up something. Edmonton was ready to trade for him in November. Offering a fourth for him if Holland retained $2 million, or a fifth if he retained  nothing. At that time he had no value either. They were going to take a chance on him. They needed a goalie. Holland declined. 

So, Holland could have gotten the exact same deal back then that he just did, except the pick increasing a round after certain points, one of which may happen and bump it to a third. Plus the third if he’s resigned but that’s far from guaranteed. 

The exact same deal as it now sits. Even after Mrazek’s turnaround. There was NO goalie market. Hextall only made the deal because he was forced to due to injuries and Holland offered him up and made the deal pretty sweet. 

Had there been a goalie market, I’m sure he would have done better on the return and it would look a lot better than it currently does. 

Holland on the situation:

“I want us to be a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup,” he said. “We are not quite where we need to be. In order to be there, we need to acquire draft picks, and we need to hit on those draft picks, or young players through trades. It’s about trying to acquire pieces that I think are going to impact this team three, four years down the road in order to build a team that’s a playoff team that’s got a young foundation. That’s the goal.

“I’m open for business. I also believe that’s important to have team that’s competitive.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/20/why-detroit-red-wings-traded-petr-mrazek-ken-holland-nhl-trade-deadline/354058002/

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Had there been a goalie market, I’m sure he would have done better on the return and it would look a lot better than it currently does. 

It's going to look great if they make the conference finals

Edited by kickazz