• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jasper84

Arena Parking

Rate this topic

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times.

I haven't had a chance this year to go watch a game at the new arena and I haven't even had a chance to be in the area to check it out at all. I plan on going to a game within the next few weeks and was curious about parking. I know there is plenty of parking around the area, but I was just curious - does the LCA have a parking garage of its own like the JLA did? I've done some searches, but all I've seen is the ability to reserve parking in the nearby areas, which is cool too.

I’ve went once so far this year and I believe there was a new parking garage right next to LCA but we parked a couple blocks away and walked to the arena for half the price.

This was a few months ago and I forget the specifics, so someone else around here can probably be more help, but there seemed to be plenty of parking options near the arena for sure.  

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

I saw this, which is what lead me to the question about the parking garage. I was mostly curious if the LCA had their own garage, because see all of these parking options available for pre-purchase, but wasn't seeing anything for their own garage, which seemed odd.

2 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

I saw this, which is what lead me to the question about the parking garage. I was mostly curious if the LCA had their own garage, because see all of these parking options available for pre-purchase, but wasn't seeing anything for their own garage, which seemed odd.

They do have their own, just not sure if it's finished yet. The District is still being built. I drove by today on the way home and the structure looked finished from the outside, but who knows about the inside. 

For now, I would assume they're own isn't ready yet. 

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

They do, but its $40 to park.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

They do have their own, just not sure if it's finished yet. The District is still being built. I drove by today on the way home and the structure looked finished from the outside, but who knows about the inside. 

For now, I would assume they're own isn't ready yet. 

Gotcha, that makes sense, thanks. I have not seen a single thing there yet, and have been wanting to, so looking forward to heading out there for tomorrow's game and checking out the area. 

The few times we've gone so far this year we park in the lot across from the Winder Street Inn on corner of John R and Winder St. One block away, $20, and one time free when the four of us bought a round of drinks.

So I went to last night's game and took my dad along with me and wanted to just update this thread with my thoughts on the place.

Beautiful arena, no doubt. My only knock on it is the seating. They really stuffed those seats in there - at 6'0, my knees have never been so cramped. Even my dad at about 5'8" was a little cramped. Still, as much as the seating sucks, it still wouldn't prevent me from going a game there.

I also now understand why the arena looks empty on TV. Unbelievable the amount of people that are watching the game from the concourse on the screens! I guess a lot of people go to the game just to be in that environment, but don't really care to watch the game in the bowl, they are content with hanging out in there and watching it on the screens. Curious if this will change when the Wings get good again actually.

Edited by Jasper84

3 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

So I went to last night's game and took my dad along with me and wanted to just update this thread with my thoughts on the place.

Beautiful arena, no doubt. My only knock on it is the seating. They really stuffed those seats in there - at 6'0, my knees have never been so cramped. Even my dad at about 5'8" was a little cramped. Still, as much as the seating sucks, it still wouldn't prevent me from going a game there.

I also now understand why the arena looks empty on TV. Unbelievable the amount of people that are watching the game from the concourse on the screens! I guess a lot of people go to the game just to be in that environment, but don't really care to watch the game in the bowl, they are content with hanging out in there and watching it on the screens. Curious if this will change when the Wings get good again actually.

What is the upper bowl? Lower bowl seats have a lot more space than Joe Louis did.

Agreed about people in the concourse but I still think a lot less people at the games compared to previous years. It will change when Wings get good again.

Also the arena attracts a lot of white collar folks who use it as a place to meet their friends and coworkers and buy cocktails and have viewing parties and all that jazz. 

Edited by kickazz