• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

2/22 GDT - Sabres at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

maybe this puts us to page 2?

YEP!

Anyhow, I listened to it on my drive down to Detroit, didn't sound real good outside of a few things here and there. Kudos to E for scoring, who is this Ericsson guy and what happened to my Swedish Pylon?  I still don't know why his name isn't out there showing interest from playoff teams.

I hope his play continues and reaches into next season as well! Maybe if we're a lottery team then (which we probably will be) he can bring us a 2nd round pick at the TDL 2019.

Edited by LeftWinger

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

maybe this puts us to page 2?

YEP!

Anyhow, I listened to it on my drive down to Detroit, didn't sound real good outside of a few things here and there. Kudos to E for scoring, who is this Ericsson guy and what happened to my Swedish Pylon?  I still don't know why his name isn't out there showing interest from playoff teams.

I hope his play continues and reaches into next season as well! Maybe if we're a lottery team then (which we probably will be) he can bring us a 2nd round pick at the TDL 2019.

Page two hype! :D 

Bolded: because his contract isn’t expiring and he’s a third pairing caliber d man?

Do you actually wonder why or do you just wish he were generating interest? I definitely wish he were too.. but I doubt he even will next year unless he has a great year out of nowhere. Maybe we’ll get a late pick for him; which is fine.. better than nothing. 

47 minutes ago, amato said:

Page two hype! :D 

Bolded: because his contract isn’t expiring and he’s a third pairing caliber d man?

Do you actually wonder why or do you just wish he were generating interest? I definitely wish he were too.. but I doubt he even will next year unless he has a great year out of nowhere. Maybe we’ll get a late pick for him; which is fine.. better than nothing. 

I guess I am just wondering why his name hasn't been mentioned by any insiders or teams asking about him. He is a player with a +6 stat on a team that is a -20 goal differential. Plus he's been a heck of a lot better in other aspects of the game than he has been.

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess I am just wondering why his name hasn't been mentioned by any insiders or teams asking about him. He is a player with a +6 stat on a team that is a -20 goal differential. Plus he's been a heck of a lot better in other aspects of the game than he has been.

Lots of supply/low demand... Ericsson is a third pairing D-Man and still has a contract past this year. Every team has plenty of third pairing caliber players on their teams; and probably in a lot of playoff team cases, some in the AHL as well. There are plenty of similar options from other teams too, I’m sure. He’s just not a rarity at all. 

A blasphemic and heretic loss. Lidström shudders from his couch, if he ever watches these games.

I just hope we can get the kids in a winning spirit once we get the right tools to the shed, they have and will be experiencing a lot of losses. Hopefully it won't tarnish them.

19 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

A blasphemic and heretic loss. Lidström shudders from his couch, if he ever watches these games.

I just hope we can get the kids in a winning spirit once we get the right tools to the shed, they have and will be experiencing a lot of losses. Hopefully it won't tarnish them.

Dude you lost your bet

14 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Dude you lost your bet

Very much so. Bet aside we should have won that game. With that said the loss dropped me to two Franklin bills in Red Wings earnings this year. I am cashing in, this team will be in flux the coming months, most bets would be erratic.

I promise to buy a Dahlin or Svechnikov jersey from the earnings if we get one of them. If not it'll all go on booze and women.

11 hours ago, amato said:

Lots of supply/low demand... Ericsson is a third pairing D-Man and still has a contract past this year. Every team has plenty of third pairing caliber players on their teams; and probably in a lot of playoff team cases, some in the AHL as well. There are plenty of similar options from other teams too, I’m sure. He’s just not a rarity at all. 

What was Smith? Ericsson is better now, than Smith was then. I think ur undervaluing him with the year he's having. I think most GMs would see him as 4/5.

46 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What was Smith? Ericsson is better now, than Smith was then. I think ur undervaluing him with the year he's having. I think most GMs would see him as 4/5.

About the same, probly? Seems like the Rangers saw more in Smith though... The Smith deal was pretty surprising, obviously in a good way. If we can get that for Ericsson next year, I’d be stoked. If his deal were up this year, maybe we could find a taker looking for depth.