• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

I could be wrong, but IIRC didn't Tatar file his own arbitration and take most of the summer to re-sign?

Guess Kenny doesn't like that. AA lucked out this TDL, we'll see how negotiations go this summer.

But actually, good that Tatar will have a legit shot at a Cup, he may never have gotten that here before his contract was up.

With Tatar gone (and Sheahan for a while) can someone please convince Larkin to switch to 21 or 15 please! I hate looking at the #71, just doesn't look right.

41 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

I am LOLing at people who think this is an atrocious deal for Vegas. They did the right thing by buying and going hard for the cup. There's a decent chance that they won't be nearly this good for the next 3 years. Why not just go for it all now?

Tatar has significant term left on his contract. I don't see this as a move towards a 2018 cup, I see this as them acquiring a building block for the next 3+ years

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tatar has significant term left on his contract. I don't see this as a move towards a 2018 cup, I see this as them acquiring a building block for the next 3+ years

I agree, they didn't take away from their roster to acquire him, it just adds top 5 scoring depth to their team.

Having a great coach in Gerry F. Gallant (Jack Adams hands down) Tatar is going to excel tremendously. Remember, Blashill is a horrible NHL coach and is process has failed most of the players. I wouldn't be surprised it Tatar gets near 30 total by time the year is over. They have 21 games left, if you count the Hat trick he is going to have on March 8th at LCA, he just may get close to 30 total!

And just like that Frk is the last Czech on this team.

Between Tatar, Mrazek, Hudler, Kindl, Jurco, Nosek, Nestrasil, and Frk, I thought at one point this team was gonna be Czech dominated like it was with Swedes in the past.

Guess not.

EDIT: Jurco is Slovak. Am stupid.

EDIT: Apparently Tatar is Slovak too, and this entire post now makes no sense

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Great trade Mr. Holland!

A well needed move a little surprised who it was and how much we got but a big step to rebuilding. Hopefully we can sign Green instead of getting zero from him. It sure makes next fall a lot easier and wouldn’t be surprised at all if we get rid of nyquist in the off-season 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Between Tatar, Mrazek, Hudler, Kindl, Jurco, Nosek, Nestrasil, and Frk, I thought at one point this team was gonna be Czech dominated like it was with
Swedes in the past.

Guess not.

Tatar is Slovak, too. :lol:

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Between Tatar, Mrazek, Hudler, Kindl, Jurco, Nosek, Nestrasil, and Frk, I thought at one point this team was gonna be Czech dominated like it was with Swedes in the past.

Guess not.

EDIT: Apparently Tatar is Slovak too, and this entire post now makes no sense

Well ya, it does, because in your first line, you say Frk is the last Czech on this team. That is NOT #FakeNews

Wow! That is a crazy return for Tatar, I was not expecting that. Sucks that he couldn't move Green, but if Washington couldn't afford him, TB was not playing ball, and he vetoed a trade to the Leafs (rumor, not confirmed), what can you do.

Edited by kliq

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus you'd have to think that the 2021 3rd may be just like a low 2nd as well. I give Kenny credit for today. Couldn't trade Green because of the injury, not his fault, refused to get fleeced for disney.com, good job! Shed cap, got 3 picks in return.

two things I want to point out here, three actually:

1. It's nice to NOT see Detroit at the top of the salary chart!

image.thumb.png.ca414c5a77dc2486857a72959b070068.png

2. Its very nice to see 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Plus considering where us and Ottawa are going to finish, it's almost like having FOUR 1st round picks!

3. With this trade, we now have $18.1M cap space for July, add t that Franzen's $3.9M LTIR and that is $22M. I would say that is enough to re-sign all out RFA's PLUS make a run at JT if he's interested. As long as if Green re-signs, its for much less than $6M.

Who the hell is Disney.com