• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, brett said:

like i said before...let me know when those picks can replace tatar.

what are we going to get a late 20s pick whoopdee doo thats going to help the future

good job

Anthony Mantha was taken in the 20's. I think he is better than Tatar now.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

We all know it was Tatar and not Nyquist cuz Don Zetterberg wanted his Swedish boy here.

Yep. Moved the wrong one imo. Sucks that either one was moved at all. Holland trying to fix the cap hell he put the team in, and I guess that’s the only way. Another guy who dragged out his RFA dealings. Note to future Wings RFAs..don’t push Kenny too far or you may be shipped out.

That being said, good trade value wise. Just gotta hope Vegas doesn’t go too deep in the playoffs. 

33 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yep. Moved the wrong one imo. Sucks that either one was moved at all. Holland trying to fix the cap hell he put the team in, and I guess that’s the only way. Another guy who dragged out his RFA dealings. Note to future Wings RFAs..don’t push Kenny too far or you may be shipped out.

That being said, good trade value wise. Just gotta hope Vegas doesn’t go too deep in the playoffs. 

No. The move was the right one. Nyquist only has a year left after this. Tatar had a few years left. Nyquist will be sold off next year as a rental. Moving Tatar's contract is tougher than moving Nyquist's. If Tatar sucked the remainder of his contract, we would have been stuck with him. He got moved at the perfect time. Even if Nyquist sucks and gets worse he'll be gone in a year. 

Not to mention Nyquist is cheaper than Tatar and you always want to unload a more expensive contract. 

Also Tatar and Nyquist suck for the Red Wings; they just don't work in our system. Mantha is younger and already better. So is Larkin. So is AA. Nuff said. 

Edited by kickazz

38 minutes ago, kickazz said:

No. The move was the right one. Nyquist only has a year left after this. Tatar had a few years left. Nyquist will be sold off next year as a rental. Moving Tatar's contract is tougher than moving Nyquist's. If Tatar sucked the remainder of his contract, we would have been stuck with him. He got moved at the perfect time. Even if Nyquist sucks and gets worse he'll be gone in a year. 

Not to mention Nyquist is cheaper than Tatar and you always want to unload a more expensive contract. 

Also Tatar and Nyquist suck for the Red Wings; they just don't work in our system. Mantha is younger and already better. So is Larkin. So is AA. Nuff said. 

Besides anything else, Nyquist has a NTC and Tatar didn't - I think that's a big factor. But Tatar would get the bigger return so it was the right choice even if it was dictated by contracts.

Always really liked Tatar, but this is a great return and he wasn't living up to that contract. He's 2 pts above Abdelkader.

Kind of funny that Tatar is Vegas's biggest cap hit other than Fleury.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Besides anything else, Nyquist has a NTC and Tatar didn't - I think that's a big factor. But Tatar would get the bigger return so it was the right choice even if it was dictated by contracts.

Always really liked Tatar, but this is a great return and he wasn't living up to that contract. He's 2 pts above Abdelkader.

Kind of funny that Tatar is Vegas's biggest cap hit other than Fleury.

Plus he's played in 7 more games.

Quite a haul for an "offensive" guy with a 5.3 mil cap hit for the next 3 years who's on pace for only around 40 points this season.

Hoping Nyquist steps it up next season and earns a new contract, but if not hopefully we can expect a similar return.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

any interview with tatar yet?

wonder how hes feeling. i know he was SUPER pumped the first couple seasons to be repping detroit. but he went from a team who werent making to the playoffs this year and maybe not even the foreseeable future. to a contender

13 minutes ago, brett said:

any interview with tatar yet?

wonder how hes feeling. i know he was SUPER pumped the first couple seasons to be repping detroit. but he went from a team who werent making to the playoffs this year and maybe not even the foreseeable future. to a contender

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Tatar is technically having one of his worst NHL season, if not the worst. Vegas overpaid for this dude. Alternatively he ends up working out for them in a new environment. 

I thought he would have a career year after getting a new contract and recovering shoulder. I still think he’s 30+ goal scorer 

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tatar has significant term left on his contract. I don't see this as a move towards a 2018 cup, I see this as them acquiring a building block for the next 3+ years

It's the reason they signed him. McPhee said the fact he had years on his contract was one of the reasons:

"He's a younger player," McPhee said. "He's quick, he's competitive and he can score. He scored 20 goals a season over the last three years and he's on that pace to do it again (16 in 62 games). We didn't want to trade draft picks for someone that isn't going to be here after the summer. He has three years left on his contract. We were happy about that.

"He can play left side, right side. He can play up and down the lineup. … Again, he's a mature player but he's still young."

I'd probably have rather seen Nyquist moved, but at the same time both are smallish one dimensional wingers, so moving either for a decent package could help in the long run.  That's going to depend on good scouting and smart drafting, something Holland and the current front office haven't done a very good job of recently.  Until we see what comes fromt he picks, I'll give this trade a provisional B.

I have a feeling he's going to put up pretty good numbers for the Golden Knights. Good for him, always liked Tatar and have thought for a while that he may end up being the better of the two between him and Nyquist, but time will tell. I still like the deal though, he's a redundant player here at this point and I want the Wings getting ALLLLLL THE PICKS.