• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

I think he will Do great where he is going also, the Knights have a good set up. I hope Tatar's Future is very bright! :)  I like  the deal, we got some picks  that were needed for him due to the rebuild that is coming!

McPhee is trying to win now, and because he has enough young players in his lineup, he can afford to trade some picks, especially if he brings in guys in Tatar's age range with them.  I'm still surprised they got as much as they did for him though.  

25 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I feel like people were saying Tatar and Nyquist wouldn't bring in a 1st rounder. Was I one of them? I know a lot of people thought that. 

Either Mcphee is an idiot or this trade deadline was just ridiculous. 

I think it was a "well, we don't HAVE to trade him" type of situation from our end combined with the Knights wanting some players signed past this year and having some spare draft picks on their end. (they'll have 11 UFA/RFA after this season according to cap friendly) 

Also, fun fact: Tatar is now Vegas' highest paid forward and second highest paid player behind only Fleury. :P 

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Could always trade the 24th pick for a higher one. 

Actually, think about this, Ottawa is going to tank and probably finish dead last, that would give us #32, then if we finish around 3-8, that's another one in the 30's. That's THREE picks from within 10-12 slots. We can get some quality players there, as long as Holland chooses wisely and doesn't use the extra's on trying to find a diamond in the rough. Three smart, no brainer picks there and we're in business!

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

I feel like people were saying Tatar and Nyquist wouldn't bring in a 1st rounder. Was I one of them? I know a lot of people thought that. 

Either Mcphee is an idiot or this trade deadline was just ridiculous. 

I didn't think either of them would bring a first rounder, consider me surprised. Definitely helps lessen the blow of not offloading Green.

7 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I didn't think either of them would bring a first rounder, consider me surprised. Definitely helps lessen the blow of not offloading Green.

I can honestly say that before all the returns started coming in, I had no clue that Tatar would return so much! I had hoped for a 1st, but I was expecting much less if either were traded. I think in the draft thread I said something like Tatar for a 2nd and or Nyquist for a 1st or vice-versa....very happy with the return and the cap space!

Here is some even better news for this trade! The 2nd round pick in 2019 is from NYI! So even if Vegas is just as good next year as this, we're still going to get a good 2nd! I cannot imagine NYI doing even as good as they are this year (which isn't very) if they lose JT to someone!

Edited by LeftWinger

Looks like everyone here is pretty happy about this trade, and the collective response I'm hearing from other fans of other teams is that this was one of the most, if not the most, lopsided trade of the deadline. That Vegas got fleeced. This is good.

Now everyone say one nice thing about Holland

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Looks like everyone here is pretty happy about this trade, and the collective response I'm hearing from other fans of other teams is that this was one of the most, if not the most, lopsided trade of the deadline. That Vegas got fleeced. This is good.

Now everyone say one nice thing about Holland

I gave him an A- for the day! I even said good job! He traded away a goalie that was going to walk for nothing, he got super overpaid for Tatar and if Green wasn't injure I am sure he would've gotten another 1st or at least another 2nd, but a look at the prices (and the return for Tatar) who knows really what a 100% healthy Green would've gotten us!?!?

Holland had his A game on yesterday. Let's see what we do from here.  I still think he believes we can make the playoffs though.