• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is some even better news for this trade! The 2nd round pick in 2019 is from NYI! So even if Vegas is just as good next year as this, we're still going to get a good 2nd! I cannot imagine NYI doing even as good as they are this year (which isn't very) if they lose JT to someone!

image.thumb.png.fad668212ecc7d10d047b3892be80bb8.png

Didn’t realize this. Thanks for the info. Look like the Wings specifically asked for that NYI pick then.

That's some strategic trading right there to be honest. Not gonna lie, I'm impressed. Vegas had 3 second round picks for next year. The Wings asked for the best one possible (NYI). The other one belonged to Vegas and third one to CBJ. 

That second round pick next year will likely end up being in the 30s. Basically a first low end first. 

Edited by kickazz

21 minutes ago, brett said:

one less reason to watch the wings.

i wont be watching anymore this season. ill check in every now and then to see if any more prospects get called up to see how they did

see you guys next season. 

Good Luck Everybody

I don't know about most people, but I for one didn't consider Tatar "a reason to watch." I'm actually more excited to see Bertuzzi get some more responsibility, and maybe a call up of someone from the Griffins. Tatar himself has been average to below average this year, imo.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Looks like everyone here is pretty happy about this trade, and the collective response I'm hearing from other fans of other teams is that this was one of the most, if not the most, lopsided trade of the deadline. That Vegas got fleeced. This is good.

Now everyone say one nice thing about Holland

He kicked tires well on this one. 

10 hours ago, brett said:

one less reason to watch the wings.

i wont be watching anymore this season. ill check in every now and then to see if any more prospects get called up to see how they did

see you guys next season. 

Good Luck Everybody

Tatar mostly just floated around and had a good game here and there... He registered zero shots in 9 games this season, so far. He had many games with only 1 shot... how dynamic. He was overpaid and it's pointless to have him and Nyquist, they're far too similar. It's time for Svechnikov, Rasmussen, hell, even Lorito to get a shot up here. I never considered Tatar as a reason to watch Wings hockey, at this point.

12 hours ago, kickazz said:

That second round pick next year will likely end up being in the 30s. Basically a first low end first. 

I doubt it would be that low.  NYI are a bubble playoff team right now, just as good of a chance they'll improve next year as decline.  If JT leaves, that's a different story, but I'm guessing he stays.....if that happens, I think they'll improve because some of the cloud will be lifted

21 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Actually since Vegas will most likely win their division they will pick no lower than 24.

Where they finish the regular season doesn't affect draft position for playoff teams. If they get swept in the first road, the pick will be in the mid/high teens.

I'd much rather have dealt Nyquist, but trading Tatar made the most sense going forward and the return is far better than anyone could have guessed.

3 minutes ago, CupCrazy22 said:

Where they finish the regular season doesn't affect draft position for playoff teams. If they get swept in the first road, the pick will be in the mid/high teens....

That's incorrect.

Teams that lose in the 1st or 2nd round are ranked according to their regular season finish, with any division winners picking later. Abracadabra was correct. If Vegas wins their division (all but certain at this point), they can pick no higher than 24th. I would even say 25th, as it's very unlikely they finish behind the Metro winner.

2 minutes ago, Buppy said:

That's incorrect.

Teams that lose in the 1st or 2nd round are ranked according to their regular season finish, with any division winners picking later. Abracadabra was correct. If Vegas wins their division (all but certain at this point), they can pick no higher than 24th. I would even say 25th, as it's very unlikely they finish behind the Metro winner.

Hmm, learn something new every day. Guess I really never paid close enough attention.

5 hours ago, amato said:

He was wearing his sellers boots.. far less wear and tear on those bad boys. 

While the return was good, and i’m really trying not to s*** on Holland’s parade here (he asked for that return and got it), I don’t think it was too hard to get those picks from Vegas when they have a stockpile. McPhee knows he has a solid roster already that’s gelled quickly and doing wayyy better than expected. Why not try to add pieces and do some damage in the playoffs?

I have no doubt ownership wants to take full advantage of that roster and fan base to set the foundation for the long haul as quickly as possible, and told him to go for it now. There’s no reason to expect decline anytime soon. Tatar isn’t a rental, and they have plenty of cap with expiring UFAs July 1. It’s well worth the picks to them. I think you’d be hard pressed to find that return elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

While the return was good, and i’m really trying not to s*** on Holland’s parade here (he asked for that return and got it), I don’t think it was too hard to get those picks from Vegas when they have a stockpile. McPhee knows he has a solid roster already that’s gelled quickly and doing wayyy better than expected. Why not try to add pieces and do some damage in the playoffs?

I have no doubt ownership wants to take full advantage of that roster and fan base to set the foundation for the long haul as quickly as possible, and told him to go for it now. There’s no reason to expect decline anytime soon. Tatar isn’t a rental, and they have plenty of cap with expiring UFAs July 1. It’s well worth the picks to them. I think you’d be hard pressed to find that return elsewhere.

Oh yeah, I agree 100%. And to be successful in this league, you have to take advantage of those types of opportunities.. and I’m glad we did, as much as I like Tatar. 

3 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Tatar mostly just floated around and had a good game here and there... He registered zero shots in 9 games this season, so far. He had many games with only 1 shot... how dynamic. He was overpaid and it's pointless to have him and Nyquist, they're far too similar. It's time for Svechnikov, Rasmussen, hell, even Lorito to get a shot up here. I never considered Tatar as a reason to watch Wings hockey, at this point.

How much of that was because he was playing for a moron?

On 2/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, kickazz said:

We all know it was Tatar and not Nyquist cuz Don Zetterberg wanted his Swedish boy here.

Alas, I remember my former alter ego getting ripped a new one for referencing a questionable source on the "Swedish Mafia", but I can never tell - are you being witty/funny or do you really think Z has that kind of influence? Or both?

My cynical side tells me Tatar is going to do well and we will see he was held back under Blashill. I still like the trade though. 

Edited by rwing

8 minutes ago, rwing said:

but I can never tell - are you being witty/funny or do you really think Z has that kind of influence? Or both?

Completely serious. Zetterberg is the Swedish Don. I think Ryan Gosling will be playing him in the documentary.

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Completely serious. Zetterberg is the Swedish Don. I think Ryan Gosling will be playing him in the documentary.

Whoa, Ryan Gosling is Swedish!?!? Who says you can't learn anything of value on the web?

Edited by rwing

4 minutes ago, rwing said:

Alas, I remember my former alter ego getting ripped a new one for referencing a questionable source on the "Swedish Mafia", but I can never tell - are you being witty/funny or do you really think Z has that kind of influence? Or both?

My cynical side tells me Tatar is going to do well and we will see he was held back under Blashill. I still like the trade though. 

Oh, Z has influence. Not as much as some think, but I believe he can influence some decisions due to his position and nearly two decades with the team. When Holland was thinking of buying out E in the summer, Z and Krons went to him to convince him not to, apparantly. 

Never know if Z went to see him on Nyquist’ behalf, but it’s not immediately dismissable.

6 minutes ago, rwing said:

Whoa, Ryan Gosling is Swedish!?!? Who says you can't learn anything of value on the web?

About as Swedish as Andy Garcia is Italian in Godfather Part 3.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

When Holland was thinking of buying out E in the summer, Z and Krons went to him to convince him not to, apparantly. 

Bulls*** post as usual. You’re worse than fake news bro

Edited by kickazz

40 minutes ago, kickazz said:

About as Swedish as Andy Garcia is Italian in Godfather Part 3.

Bulls*** post as usual. You’re worse than fake news bro

I said APPARANTLY. Meaning not sure if it’s true or not. But there were rumours out there. Most stuff like this can never really be confirmed by even the best “insider”. If Z did ask Holland, neither of them would say it publicly, since it wouldn’t look very good.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

I said APPARANTLY. Meaning not sure if it’s true or not. But there were rumours out there. Most stuff like this can never really be confirmed by even the best “insider”. If Z did ask Holland, neither of them would say it publicly, since it wouldn’t look very good.

Apparently is not the word you're looking for. When things are apparent, they are clearly visible or understood. 

If Z was a spy for a bearded race of aliens from Venus he wouldn't say it publicly either. Don't trust people making stuff up like I just did (or did I? dun dun dun).

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

So you're not sure if it's true? Then how do you conclude that Z has power? Lol. Your supporting statement for your premise isn't a fact.

This is high school stuff dude. I shouldn't be explaining this. 

Edited by kickazz