• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah you were wrong like you usually are lol

Yep, I was wrong because things aligned absolutely perfect for a trade another GM wasn't interested in making. Even when his starter was sidelined and he planned to ride his backup, but was then forced into the trade when his backup crapped out a couple games later. You'd think Holland secretly practices voodoo, and poked just the right spot at just the right moment on his Neuvirth doll.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Yep, I was wrong because things aligned absolutely perfect for a trade another GM wasn't interested in making. Even when his starter was sidelined and he planned to ride his backup, but was then forced into the trade when his backup crapped out a couple games later. You'd think Holland secretly practices voodoo, and poked just the right spot at just the right moment on his Neuvirth doll.

....soooooo you were wrong?

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

....soooooo you were wrong?

In the sense that no one could have predicted that what happened did, yes. The trade was turned down at first and there were no other teams in need of goaltending, so I figured he'd still be around. No reason to think otherwise, really.

It was pure fluke luck for Holland, that's for sure. He shoulda bought a lottery ticket, all numbers 34.

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Me thinks the NYI will shop Tavares at the draft weekend.

I - like many others - would be shocked if Tavares re-signed with them.

The one thing that gives them the edge tho is the extra year they can sign him to. The NYI can actually offer less AAV and still pay him more over the length of the contract. That gives them a better chance IMO.

Even if someone else offers 12 mil x 7. The Islanders can always match the 12 and offer an 8th year. It just depends on how important that is to JT.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Are you serious about Jiri Fischer? You do know he collapsed during a game due to a heart problem right? Nobody got rid of him

20 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tatar has 4 pts in 14 games and is -4 with Vegas. Loser.

I miss the days when Holland would get rid of the Czech trash on this team in a timely manner like with Fischer and Hudler

12 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

Ya, plus Fischer has worked in our front office after his retirement for like, ever.
https://www.nhl.com/redwings/team/jiri-fischer

12 hours ago, barabbas16 said:

Yeah!   Down with the Fischer hater!  Rabble rabble!

13 hours ago, hardcoretom21 said:

Are you serious about Jiri Fischer? You do know he collapsed during a game due to a heart problem right? Nobody got rid of him

Remember when we used to be able to draft defensemen?

Tatar, Jurco, Smith all went to much better teams and had been exposed. This just goes to show that it's not necessarily coaching. Don't get me wrong, I think Blashill needs to go and we could benefit from someone with a better resume like Sutter. But to me, this shows that our talent pool ITSELF just wasn't very good from 2012-2018.  

Hopefully the "new" younger guys like Larkin, Mantha, Svech will be better. 

Edited by kickazz

It's no coincidence that as the closer we got, then eventually missing the playoffs, the more talented our 1st round draft picks got. The next two years drafting is going to define this team for the following 20. Sure there is always that sleeper pick that surprises everyone (this year it's Liam Kirk (hopefully one of our 6th(s) or 7th round pick))  but more so than not, you NEED a few top 10 picks to properly start a rebuild along with some shrewd drafting in the teens to 20ish.

50 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd love to have a old school hard azz like Sutter - however I wonder what will become of Coach Q if Chicago has another poor season?

Based on recent headlines, it's possible Q could be available sooner rather than later.

Joel Quenneville more teacher than coach lately as he awaits his Blackhawks fate

On The Beat: Is Joel Quenneville still the right coach for the Blackhawks?

Blackhawks rumors 2018: Joel Quenneville ‘could be in trouble’ in Chicago?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

49 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd love to have a old school hard azz like Sutter - however I wonder what will become of Coach Q if Chicago has another poor season?

I would also love to have Sutter, that's my dream. I'd be pretty thrilled with Quenneville too though. Either way I don't think either of those coaches turns us into a relevant team just yet, here's hoping for a great draft this year. 

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If he becomes available this summer, and Holland sticks with Blashill...I'll provide the pitchforks.

He is the 2nd winningest Coach in NHL history, but until he was handed a team full of tank job high end draft picks, he hadn't had much success in the playoffs. Although I would prefer him over Blashill, I think he would have a hard time living up to expectations.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:54 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He is the 2nd winningest Coach in NHL history, but until he was handed a team full of tank job high end draft picks, he hadn't had much success in the playoffs. Although I would prefer him over Blashill, I think he would have a hard time living up to expectations.

He's also been actively coaching for more than 20 years, which will pad that win column a fair bit.  There is no reason whatsoever a team consisting of that roster over in Chicago should miss the playoffs under any situation.  I think Quennville is a product of his environment moreso than he is a contributor.  I said he was overrated 5 years ago and I maintain that today.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:28 AM, F.Michael said:

Going by numbers alone - he looks as though he's doing worse in Vegas than he did in Detroit.

That's cuz he needs Nyquist. Euro Twins 2.0. I'll take another 1st from VGK to make that happen.

17 hours ago, Echolalia said:

He's also been actively coaching for more than 20 years, which will pad that win column a fair bit.  There is no reason whatsoever a team consisting of that roster over in Chicago should miss the playoffs under any situation.  I think Quennville is a product of his environment moreso than he is a contributor.  I said he was overrated 5 years ago and I maintain that today.

No argument here.