• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's cuz he needs Nyquist. Euro Twins 2.0. I'll take another 1st from VGK to make that happen.

No argument here.

oh yea.  If my post came off aggressive or confrontational i didnt mean for it to.  I was in agreement with your "until he was handed a team blah blah' and i just went off on a tangent from there.  not sure if that was clear or not.

7 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

oh yea.  If my post came off aggressive or confrontational i didnt mean for it to.  I was in agreement with your "until he was handed a team blah blah' and i just went off on a tangent from there.  not sure if that was clear or not.

Nope. I was agreeing with you.

Is Tatar still scratched?  I only caught the last few minutes and he was nowhere to be seen....If so what a horrible situation for him to be in, he must feel like a warm fart in a car with the windows up.........embarrassing  

20 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Is Tatar still scratched?  I only caught the last few minutes and he was nowhere to be seen....If so what a horrible situation for him to be in, he must feel like a warm fart in a car with the windows up.........embarrassing  

Yes he was scratched. 

11 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

they are winning you don't make changes to make changes. Did Tatar play in the first round due to the time difference I barely watched. Also have to say they know how to throw a pre game out in Vegas for sure as I caught that last night. 

In Vegas they're (specifically Ken Boehlke) calling Tatar the 13th best forward on the team at this point in time.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

they are winning you don't make changes to make changes. Did Tatar play in the first round due to the time difference I barely watched. Also have to say they know how to throw a pre game out in Vegas for sure as I caught that last night. 

Tatar played the first two games of the playoffs and has been scratched since, I believe. 

37 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

A 1st round pick for a 13th forward. Good job Ken.

He will never get credit for dumping that contract and getting a 1st rounder for a player that is virtually useless to Vegas. 

Then again they might win the SC so they probably don't care. Regardless. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎28 at 2:48 AM, kylee said:

Tatar is a top 6 player. He has been playing bad since the trade and Vegas has zero reason to make line up changes right now. 

He is a top 6 player when he's on.  Unfortunately for him he was off at the wrong time on a team with too many options.  He's always been streaky and scores in bunches, it just didn't happen for him in his limited showings on his new squad.  

20 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

He is a top 6 player when he's on.  Unfortunately for him he was off at the wrong time on a team with too many options.  He's always been streaky and scores in bunches, it just didn't happen for him in his limited showings on his new squad.  

That's the problem with him tho. I know scoring forwards are streaky at times, but I want a guy who can be counted on when it matters if he's a permanent fixture in my top 6. Nyquist is the same way which made Tatar redundant. trading him was a good move.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He played last night. Didn't look good.

Ohhhh noooo I missed it!  That's too bad, I figured if they put him back in he'd light it up.  I'm not surprised though, Vegas runs a great defensive system where everyone always busts ass to get back into the play to help out..This is not his forte, but hopefully he gets another shot Id like to see him play a little

3 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Ohhhh noooo I missed it!  That's too bad, I figured if they put him back in he'd light it up.  I'm not surprised though, Vegas runs a great defensive system where everyone always busts ass to get back into the play to help out..This is not his forte, but hopefully he gets another shot Id like to see him play a little

From my POV, Vegas play an aggressive heavy fore-checking game where they try to grind down the opponent and turn the puck over, and once they get the turnover they immediately try to make a play. Tatar looks completely out of place in this system. He still looks like he's still trying to play the ol' Detroit positioning style where he try's to position himself in relation to the puck, and once he gets it he tries to do the ol' Detroit slow the game down routine. This is essentially the exact opposite of what Vegas is trying to do, thus he's looking bad right now and desperately needs to start adjusting if he's gonna succeed in Gallant's system.

He did get a break-away though! ...but he just clapped it from faraway instead of even trying to dangle the goalie :turn: