• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hankzet40

Tatar traded to Golden Knights for 2018 1st, 2019 2nd & 2021 3rd

Rate this topic

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Believe Tomas Tatar is heading to Vegas, pending trade call.

Aaron Ward @NHL_AaronWard
Detroit Red Wings trade Tomas Tatar to the Las Vegas Golden Knights hearing in exchange for picks, trade call pending . #TFP

1st 2nd and 3rd is what I'm hearing. That'd be a great haul - although I was not in a hurry to see Tatar go myself. 

Now I'll be interested in finding out who's draft picks they are. LV had acquired a few so the picks could be theirs or from other teams. If the 1st if LV's, I'd be ok with it being next year's draft and bank on their magical run this year being a magical fluke and have them drop to the lottery next year!

If we got 3 picks for Tatar and unloaded 5.3 million is salary I will be giddy.  

Apparently it's a 1st in 2018, 2nd in 2019 and 3rd in 2022 2021

Edited by puckbags

12 minutes ago, amato said:

No salary retained AND 3 picks.. impressive. I’ll miss Tatar, but I can’t be upset about the trade at all. 

5.3 milly off he books is huge for this franchise going forward. 

Great haul for sure.

Tatar is a really good player despite having a couple of down seasons in a row (mostly due to coaching and bad chemistry due to constant line changes). It's hard to look at his puck possession metric from 2013-15 and not be impressed. I really think he's better than Rick Nash, whom the Bruins grossly overvalued. 

Still, this is a deal that you make ten times out of ten.

Edited by shocky2002

I am LOLing at people who think this is an atrocious deal for Vegas. They did the right thing by buying and going hard for the cup. There's a decent chance that they won't be nearly this good for the next 3 years. Why not just go for it all now?

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, Doc Holliday said:

fThat 2019 2nd is a pretty damn fine get considering I think the Knights are going to collapse next season.

Plus you'd have to think that the 2021 3rd may be just like a low 2nd as well. I give Kenny credit for today. Couldn't trade Green because of the injury, not his fault, refused to get fleeced for disney.com, good job! Shed cap, got 3 picks in return.

two things I want to point out here, three actually:

1. It's nice to NOT see Detroit at the top of the salary chart!

2. Its very nice to see 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Plus considering where us and Ottawa are going to finish, it's almost like having FOUR 1st round picks!

3. With this trade, we now have $18.1M cap space for July, add t that Franzen's $3.9M LTIR and that is $22M. I would say that is enough to re-sign all out RFA's PLUS make a run at JT if he's interested. As long as if Green re-signs, its for much less than $6M.

Edited by LeftWinger

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

We all know it was Tatar and not Nyquist cuz Don Zetterberg wanted his Swedish boy here.

Maybe it was because a) Tatars contract is worse and b) KH possibly looks to cash in on Goose as a deadline rental next year? ;)

Grade A for this trade, no doubt. I like Tatar, but with this return, it's just a no-brainer. :clap: