• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

2018 draft , who's your 2 picks in 1stR

Rate this topic

Like, I get where you're coming from...but this is looking like a relatively deep draft. That's just facts. Dahlin is arguably on McDavid's level in terms of hypability. There are a few forwards that I might put on Eichel's level. There's a ludicrous number of sexy defensemen, 5+ of which could easily be as good as, say, Ivan Provorov or Mikhail Sergachev. I haven't been this jazzed about a draft class in a pretty long while.

Miro Heskainen went third overall last year. He doesn't sniff the top ten in this draft.

The real point I want to drive home here, the reason why I'm kind of pushing back against you, toby, isn't about "I'm right, you're wrong." I mean, I guess that's part of it, because that's how we roll on the interwebz. But, no, srsly -- the point is that we as Wings fans should be thrilled about the possibilities this draft presents, even if we don't pick in the top three. I really mean that, 100%. If we pick fifth overall, I'll be ecstatic. Third overall would be pinch-me-I'm-dreaming territory. Second overall? I will s*** my pants. But even 7-9 would be huge for this organization's rebuild effort. And having two picks in each of the first three rounds is also huge.

Good things are coming our way. HYPE!

If OTT and DET finish in bottom 3, it might not guarantee the 1st, but with VEG's pick in late 20's, we'll have what could equate to FOUR 1st round picks! We could find some very useful talent with those 3 picks at the end of 1st. 

Of course this particular post probably should be in the other thread...sorry.

Edited by LeftWinger

55 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The real point I want to drive home here, the reason why I'm kind of pushing back against you, toby, isn't about "I'm right, you're wrong." I mean, I guess that's part of it, because that's how we roll on the interwebz. But, no, srsly -- the point is that we as Wings fans should be thrilled about the possibilities this draft presents, even if we don't pick in the top three. I really mean that, 100%. If we pick fifth overall, I'll be ecstatic. Third overall would be pinch-me-I'm-dreaming territory. Second overall? I will s*** my pants. But even 7-9 would be huge for this organization's rebuild effort. And having two picks in each of the first three rounds is also huge.

Good things are coming our way. HYPE!

I look forward to seeing what you do when we get 1st overall...

58 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im dreading seeing the Blackhawks snag #1.

It'd be awful, but it'd do us the good service of confirming that the system is in fact rigged.

Of course, people are probably saying the same thing about the Wings.

36 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Our worst nightmare would be either the Hawks or Oilers snagging the #1 pick.

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Or the Habs.

Hawks is by far worst case scenario.

Here's how the top 5 will go down...

1. Detroit - Dahlin

2. Vancouver - Svechnikov

3. Arizona - Zadina

4. Buffalo - Tkatchuk

5. Ottawa - Boqvist

We trade Svechnikov and our 1st from Vegas to Vancouver for Boeser. Svech bros become the new Sedin twins...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

1. Detroit - Dahlin

3. Arizona - Zadina

4. Buffalo - Tkatchuk

5. Ottawa - Boqvist

We trade Svechnikov and our 1st from Vegas to Vancouver for Boeser. Svech bros become the new Sedin twins...

If the Habs get Dahlin, we'll be seeing him five or six times a season, cuz they're in our division. Eff that. (Though, I agree: the Blackhawks and Oilers can go get bent.)

As for the trade proposal...nah. For all we know, Boeser's a flash in the pan. I'm not sure Vancouver would even make that trade in the first place. Probably not, tbh.

24 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If the Habs get Dahlin, we'll be seeing him five or six times a season, cuz they're in our division. Eff that. (Though, I agree: the Blackhawks and Oilers can go get bent.)

As for the trade proposal...nah. For all we know, Boeser's a flash in the pan. I'm not sure Vancouver would even make that trade in the first place. Probably not, tbh.

Montreal are awful and they have very little in the pipeline. If Bergevin stays, I'm not too worried about our "rival" Montreal. I'm not sure even Dahlin can save that team right now. However, I'd much rather Dahlin be in our division, than see him go to Chicago... But that's just me.

As of today, there's a 39.1% chance Dahlin ends up in the Atlantic division. So there's a real possibility one of Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal or Detroit end up with him. Let's hope it's us...

As for the trade, I was completely joking. I'd never expect the Canucks to make that trade. But as a Wings fan, yes please...

On 3/3/2018 at 11:37 AM, marcaractac said:

Lets hope that pick is no higher than the 33rd...

If you’re referring to hoping we win the draft lotto; that only effects the first round. The rest of the rounds go by the standings. So if the sens finish in last but we win the lotto, their second rounder would still be pick 32. 

23 hours ago, Dabura said:

Or the Habs.

Habs as well.

23 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

1. Detroit - Dahlin

3. Arizona - Zadina

4. Buffalo - Tkatchuk

5. Ottawa - Boqvist

That's my dream scenario as long as we get top 3 and draft either Dahlin, Zadina or Svechnikov. I'm a happy camper.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:31 PM, krsmith17 said:

Montreal are awful and they have very little in the pipeline. If Bergevin stays, I'm not too worried about our "rival" Montreal. I'm not sure even Dahlin can save that team right now. However, I'd much rather Dahlin be in our division, than see him go to Chicago... But that's just me.

As of today, there's a 39.1% chance Dahlin ends up in the Atlantic division. So there's a real possibility one of Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal or Detroit end up with him. Let's hope it's us...

For me, it's more just the fact that the Habs are the Habs, i.e. a team that we never beat + a fanbase that is insufferable. They traded away Subban and they are stupid. If I have to see Rasmus Dahlin in a Habs jersey five times a season, I will scream into a pillow.

I don't like Melnyk as an owner, but I've never really had much reason to hate the Sens. They just kind of...exist. The Sabres have mismanaged themselves into oblivion, but I'm kinda sympathetic to their long-suffering fans, who seem to be pretty decent on the whole.

To be clear: Chicago or Edmonton would indeed be the worst. I just don't think the Habs are far behind.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:31 PM, krsmith17 said:

As for the trade, I was completely joking. I'd never expect the Canucks to make that trade. But as a Wings fan, yes please...

Apparently my joke detection meter is broken, lol. Just like my spirit!

Edited by Dabura

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

For me, it's more just the fact that the Habs are the Habs, i.e. a team that we never beat + a fanbase that is insufferable. They traded away Subban and they are stupid. If I have to see Rasmus Dahlin in a Habs jersey five times a season, I will scream into a pillow.

I don't like Melnyk as an owner, but I've never really had much reason to hate the Sens. They just kind of...exist. The Sabres have mismanaged themselves into oblivion, but I'm kinda sympathetic to their long-suffering fans, who seem to be pretty decent on the whole.

To be clear: Chicago or Edmonton would indeed be the worst. I just don't think the Habs are far behind.

Apparently my joke detection meter is broken, lol. Just like my spirit!

Which means they'll trade Dahlin for Cholowski. No worries.

If the standings remained the same to end the season, and you had the choice between staying at 5, or moving up to 3, but it would mean that Chicago moves up to 1 (taking Dahlin) and Edmonton moves up to 2 (taking Svechnikov), what would you do?

1. Buffalo     2. Arizona     3. Vancouver     4. Ottawa     5. Detroit     6. Montreal     7. Edmonton     8. Chicago

OR

1. Chicago     2. Edmonton     3. Detroit     4. Buffalo     5. Arizona     6. Vancouver     7. Ottawa     8. Montreal

I'd personally rather stay at 5. I'd probably even go as far as to say I'd rather drop back to 6 or 7, as long as Chicago and Edmonton don't jump into the top 3...

Now, if we could move up to 1, I don't give a s*** who moves up to 2 and 3. I'd gladly give 2 and 3 to Chicago and Edmonton, if it meant us getting Dahlin...

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If the standings remained the same to end the season, and you had the choice between staying at 5, or moving up to 3, but it would mean that Chicago moves up to 1 (taking Dahlin) and Edmonton moves up to 2 (taking Svechnikov), what would you do?

1. Buffalo     2. Arizona     3. Vancouver     4. Ottawa     5. Detroit     6. Montreal     7. Edmonton     8. Chicago

OR

1. Chicago     2. Edmonton     3. Detroit     4. Buffalo     5. Arizona     6. Vancouver     7. Ottawa     8. Montreal

I'd personally rather stay at 5. I'd probably even go as far as to say I'd rather drop back to 6 or 7, as long as Chicago and Edmonton don't jump into the top 3...

Now, if we could move up to 1, I don't give a s*** who moves up to 2 and 3. I'd gladly give 2 and 3 to Chicago and Edmonton, if it meant us getting Dahlin...

I'd choose to move up to 3. Odds are odds. I want them to increase no matter what. I do not care about Chicago's odds. I just want ours to be the highest they can be. 

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'd choose to move up to 3. Odds are odds. I want them to increase no matter what. I do not care about Chicago's odds. I just want ours to be the highest they can be. 

I'm talking about the actual lottery outcome, not the lottery odds.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm talking about the actual lottery outcome, not the lottery odds.

Well, that scenario would keep the top two players in the draft out of the east. I'd still rather the 3rd over all than 5th. Rather Chicago get Dahlin that the ******* Habs