• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

2018 draft , who's your 2 picks in 1stR

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Well, that scenario would keep the top two players in the draft out of the east. I'd still rather the 3rd over all than 5th. Rather Chicago get Dahlin that the ******* Habs

Uugh, I definitely wouldn't. F*** the Hawks. I will break things if they end up with Dahlin...

Also, as we've seen, if Zadina is the top guy available, there's no guarantee Holland would even take him at 3... 

The more I think about it, the more nervous I get if Holland is still around to make that first pick... 

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Uugh, I definitely wouldn't. F*** the Hawks. I will break things if they end up with Dahlin...

Also, as we've seen, if Zadina is the top guy available, there's no guarantee Holland would even take him at 3... 

The more I think about it, the more nervous I get if Holland is still around to make that first pick... 

On July 18, 1997, he was promoted to his current position of general manager. -wiki

I think every contract he has signed has started and ended on July 18 of any given year, so odds are he will be here for the June draft AND July 1 UFA day before he moves on/up/re-signs. I don't think even Ken Holland would screw up #1 overall.  It's 2-10 I am worried about.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I think every contract he has signed has started and ended on July 18 of any given year, so odds are he will be here for the June draft AND July 1 UFA day before he moves on/up/re-signs. I don't think even Ken Holland would screw up #1 overall.  It's 2-10 I am worried about.

There is no way Holland isn't running the draft and the beginning of free agency. It would be foolish to replace him before that. If he isn't back next year (which I doubt happens), he will just finish out his contract and then they'll have pretty much the rest of the summer to replace him.

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I dont think Holland is leaving, but if you are bringing on a new GM, its kind of weird to have the old GM do the draft and first day of UFA.

4 hours ago, xault said:

Anyone know if any goalies look good to take late in the 1st? or early 2nd?

I've heard alot about Forwards and D. Nothing about goalies.

We don't need a goalie, certainly not in the first two rounds. IF we take a goalie in this draft, which I personally wouldn't, I hope it's not until the 4th round or later.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We don't need a goalie, certainly not in the first two rounds. IF we take a goalie in this draft, which I personally wouldn't, I hope it's not until the 4th round or later.

We've drafted one each of the last four years and every other year the 8 years before that. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to draft one every year still, especially since we have no clear concrete plan after Howard. But I agree it shouldn't be until the 4th round at the very earliest. 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

We've drafted one each of the last four years and every other year the 8 years before that. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to draft one every year still, especially since we have no clear concrete plan after Howard. But I agree it shouldn't be until the 4th round at the very earliest. 

Yeah, I'm aware of this, I just don't agree with it. I liked the way we used to draft one every second year.

We don't have anyone guaranteed to take over as the starter in the near future, but we have two VERY promising prospects in Larsson and Peruzzelli, along with three others with an outside chance in Van Pottelberghe, Machovsky and Fulcher. I just think we have a much bigger need in every other area. Goaltending doesn't concern me nearly as much as the lack of high end centers and defensemen. I also see drafting right shooting wingers as a bigger need over goaltenders.

Would I hate it if we used one of our 6th round picks on a goalie? No, but I wouldn't pick one before the 4th round. That we agree on.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of this, I just don't agree with it. I liked the way we used to draft one every second year.

We don't have anyone guaranteed to take over as the starter in the near future, but we have two VERY promising prospects in Larsson and Peruzzelli, along with three others with an outside chance in Van Pottelberghe, Machovsky and Fulcher. I just think we have a much bigger need in every other area. Goaltending doesn't concern me nearly as much as the lack of high end centers and defensemen. I also see drafting right shooting wingers as a bigger need over goaltenders.

Would I hate it if we used one of our 6th round picks on a goalie? No, but I wouldn't pick one before the 4th round. That we agree on.

Yeah, agreed for sure. I'm excited for Larsson and Peruzzelli's development too.. hopefully at least one of them pans out. 

just think, if Adam Erne hadnt have checked Green we could be sitting on 3 first round picks and an early 2nd pick too. God knows what Kenny would have done with that! But id try and make a deal using that Ottawa pick and throw a roster player plus prospect to see if any GM trades their 1st rounder for it,

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Very early, but any hype around 2019 draft class? I'd expect us to finish bottom 10 for few  more seasons, just wondering. ( hope to be wrong )

not to go off-topic but didn't want to make another draft post.

14 hours ago, xault said:

Very early, but any hype around 2019 draft class? I'd expect us to finish bottom 10 for few  more seasons, just wondering. ( hope to be wrong )

not to go off-topic but didn't want to make another draft post.

It's supposed to be deep as well. highlighted by the player that Bob McKenze says, if he were in the 2018 draft, he would be the ONLY player to knock Dahlin out of the #1 spot.  Jack Hughes. IF for some reason we don't get Dahlin this season, I would love to see a Tank for Hughes! Hell, even if we got Dahlin, I'd still love to try to tank for Hughes.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

It's supposed to be deep as well. highlighted by the player that Bob McKenze says, if he were in the 2018 draft, he would be the ONLY player to knock Dahlin out of the #1 spot.  Jack Hughes. IF for some reason we don't get Dahlin this season, I would love to see a Tank for Hughes! Hell, even if we got Dahlin, I'd still love to try to tank for Hughes.

Thanks the names, gives me something to look up over the off-season.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I can hear it now: Lose for Hughes!

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie