• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/4 GDT - Red Wings at Wild 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Ilitch spoke for more than 10 minutes to reporters near the home dugout of Joker Marchant Stadium, the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers. While he was there to talk about the upcoming baseball season, I twice asked Ilitch about the future of Holland. He opted not to address the situation..

pZMJWpn1_400x400.jpeg

Very interesting.  I'm definitely a bit torn about what the best decision is going forward for the club would be but I think a change of the guard would be a good one.  I not convinced Drapes is the answer either, is there any GM's available at the end of this year they could be look at?

Go Wings tonight for the wings fans that will be in attendance, specifically HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, I hope they pull out a win for you

Edited by 13dangledangle

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Jimmy Howard hasn't been very good in this game.

He's been around average. 

Just now, kjw25 said:

After the game we will here the same thing..........

”we have to look ourselves in the mirror.”

And throw up. 

Just now, kickazz said:

He's been around average. 

And throw up. 

He may be the most average player in Wings history.  Hard to believe he's been the goalie for over 8 seasons now.  

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

A little torn. Want @HadThomasVokounOnFortSt to get the win but also want Dahlin. 

We don't need that pimply Swedish kid.  We have DeKeyser.  

38 minutes ago, kickazz said:

A little torn. Want @HadThomasVokounOnFortSt to get the win but also want Dahlin. 

Thanks! Unfortunately didn’t happen but oh well.

What the hell happened on 3rd goal? It looked like Howard was sleeping. Also does anyone say anything when you pull the goalie? Which I may add was to early..

That was about as good as I can expect the wings to play. They controlled most of the game against a good team but the scoring just isn’t there.

Hopefully Mantha stays with Larkin. That was one of his strongest games in a while even though he didn’t register a point.

Continue to use AA as a weapon offensively. Throwing him on different lines seems to have him more engaged and impacting the game. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing Nielsen centering that Nyquist line for a little bit to see how he does

3 hours ago, ami said:

dahlin-mahlin... wtf? who said he can fix anything?! just look at edm... the problem is in the organization. it's been populated by morons.

We lack an elite core, its as simple as that. Give us elite players and there is no reason why things won't turn around. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2018/03/05/wild-rookie-nick-seeler-earns-day-off-after-old-school-fight-on-sunday-night/amp/

Mad respect to Nick Seeler.  Never heard of him before last night.  Will root for him here on out.

Definitely an awesome fight-- and those quotes make it sound like he's a solid kid. He may have got the worse end though, didn't seem like Witkowski was missing a lot of punches. Like he said, glad they're both alright.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:18 PM, kliq said:

We lack an elite core, its as simple as that. Give us elite players and there is no reason why things won't turn around. 

what exactly makes you believe that?

In recent NHL history there is no example when an elite player along turn things around. However, there are plenty of just the opposite. EDM is an example that no elite player or players, for that matter, can do a turn around along; and TBL is an example of that a turn around requires a complex approach, organizational change coming first, CHI and PIT are in that category too.

Edited by ami

37 minutes ago, ami said:

what exactly makes you believe that?

In recent NHL history there is no example when an elite player along turn things around. However, there are plenty of just the opposite. EDM is an example that no elite player or players, for that matter, can do a turn around along; and TBL is an example of that a turn around requires a complex approach, organizational change coming first, CHI and PIT are in that category too.

The fact that there is currently zero 1st line talent and zero top pair defense on this team is enough to make me believe that we lack elite talent.

Everyone is currently playing above their role and struggling because of it. Add a few elite players to this team and players can start slotting into their proper roles and play a more consistent game.