• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

3/6 GDT - Red Wings vs. Bruins @ 4:00 PST

Rate this topic

2-2 guys.

Observation:  Honestly this team is an All-Star goalie and a #1 D man away from being a legit playoff team, if not more. But we cannot sacrifice any of our young guns to get either of them. We really have to get a player in the draft or rely of UFA this or next year.

...oh, and a better coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

2-2 guys.

Observation:  Honestly this team is an All-Star goalie and a #1 D man away from being a legit playoff team, if not more. But we cannot sacrifice any of our young guns to get either of them. We really have to get a player in the draft or rely of UFA this or next year.

This. And why it’s so frustrating. We aren’t bad, we aren’t good either.

1 minute ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

This. And why it’s so frustrating. We aren’t bad, we aren’t good either.

Eh... we're kinda bad.  I don' think the whole team is garbage or anything.  There's just no high end talent.  And, no high end talent pretty much means bad team.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

2-2 guys.

I'd rather have a pretty good goalie (which I think we do in Howard) and take an All-Star forward instead. I don't want to be the Canadiens and make it to the playoffs on the back of Carey Price, y'know? Just never appeared to be a sustainable option.

8 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'd rather have a pretty good goalie (which I think we do in Howard) and take an All-Star forward instead. I don't want to be the Canadiens and make it to the playoffs on the back of Carey Price, y'know? Just never appeared to be a sustainable option.

I agree with this.  I enjoy offensive games more than shutouts.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Backes will face the league with shoulder to head of Nielsen.

Anyhow, pk stinks. I blame coaching for special teams inadequacies.

Yeah, it looked to me like Backes, at a minimum, chose not to avoid contact with Neilsen's head that easily could've been avoided.

48 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Eh... we're kinda bad.  I don' think the whole team is garbage or anything.  There's just no high end talent.  And, no high end talent pretty much means bad team.

No there isn’t but I’m more for the young guys turning into something.