• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

3/6 GDT - Red Wings vs. Bruins @ 4:00 PST

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, 13dangledangle said:

What a horrible ending to that game.  Larkin really s*it the bed there

It would have been a good play if it didn't hit the linesman.  It's hard to adjust to a sudden change like that when you've only got 3 guys out there.

1 minute ago, Y19 said:

It would have been a good play if it didn't hit the linesman.  It's hard to adjust to a sudden change like that when you've only got 3 guys out there.

I agree there but he definitely didn't use his speed coming back, slowly glided passed the blueline 

6 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I agree there but he definitely didn't use his speed coming back, slowly glided passed the blueline 

Yeah, he did a fly by.  Not something you want to see from a center who's supposed to be the next leader of the team.

Couple of random thoughts from the game:

1. Wings would have won that game if not for the horrible goaltending from Coreau.

2. Chara is clearly past his "best by" date. He had 3 gaffes that led to goals against.

3. Coreau sucks.

4. Did Larkin ever leave the ice all game?

5. Nice to see(or should I say hear) the commentary from AJ Mleczko on the NBC broadcast. She definitely brings a different element to the broadcast booth, and did a much better job than some of  the former NHLers who so often get put there when they shouldn't.

6. Coreau sucks.

7. Borderline or not, 2 bad penalties from Witkowski. Having a fighter on the team doesn't help if you are making your team shorthanded multiple times a game.

8. Props to Ericsson for dropping the gloves against Backes. Momentum swing.

9. Coreau sucks.

10. As much as people hate the "loser point", I like seeing it. It means that the team is playing hard, and wants to win. Plus, they aren't getting the full 2 points which increases draft odds.

11. Nice offensive performance against the NHL's top ranked defense.

12. Did I mention Coreau sucks?

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Couple of random thoughts from the game:

1. Wings would have won that game if not for the horrible goaltending from Coreau.

2. Chara is clearly past his "best by" date. He had 3 gaffes that led to goals against.

3. Coreau sucks.

4. Did Larkin ever leave the ice all game?

5. Nice to see(or should I say hear) the commentary from AJ Mleczko on the NBC broadcast. She definitely brings a different element to the broadcast booth, and did a much better job than some of  the former NHLers who so often get put there when they shouldn't.

6. Coreau sucks.

7. Borderline or not, 2 bad penalties from Witkowski. Having a fighter on the team doesn't help if you are making your team shorthanded multiple times a game.

8. Props to Ericsson for dropping the gloves against Backes. Momentum swing.

9. Coreau sucks.

10. As much as people hate the "loser point", I like seeing it. It means that the team is playing hard, and wants to win. Plus, they aren't getting the full 2 points which increases draft odds.

11. Nice offensive performance against the NHL's top ranked defense.

12. Did I mention Coreau sucks?

Not enough. And I do not mean that sarcastically. But he is good for the Dahlin sweepstakes. Too bad we'll probably never see him in goal again the rest of the season after last night though. 

Love game highlights on nhl.com no showing of fight just goals ...sigh

Coreau not looking good so now who is our cheap backup?

From my RedWings facebook feed last night

"I feel ready, I feel the most ready I ever have."

Jared Coreau gets the start in Boston as the #RedWings look to stop a 3-game skid. Ken Kal and Carley Johnston get you set for tonight's battle with the Bruins. #DETvsBOS #LGRW

mmmm perhaps he wasn't THAT ready...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added something

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Marchand has 16 points in 6 games against the Red Wings.

Will anyone ever stop him? Find out... once we get Dahlin.

If the Wings would dress me for one game, I would stop him.  By spearing him really hard in the adam's apple with the butt end of my stick.  

some (quite a few actually) of current nhl referees should be allowed on nhl hockey rink during the game only with snow shovel, provided there is no piercing on exposed part of their bodies, eg. stomach, lips etc.