• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/12 GDT - Red Wings at Sharks - 10:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Let's go draft pick lottery odds! 

Anyone watching? I might watch some while gaming, undecided. Late game on a weekday was never popular when this team was good, so I anticipate a one page GDT tonight. 

I'll be tuning in, at least until it gets too painful to watch, soooooo mid-way thru the 1st?

#mightaswelltanknow

ok boys your mission, which you seem to have already accepted based on your play for most of the season, is to out-suck the opposition in hopes of winning the draft lottery, and thereby gaining the ability to draft a potentially generational defenseman who is sorely needed to return this franchise to competitive relevance

can you (continue to) do it?

One thing I keeping watching for is that Larkin is almost a 50 pt. guy for the first time - just needs 1 more pt.

I remember in a pre-season interview, he was asked what he'd consider a successful bounce-back year and he said getting to 50 points. I'm sure he'll get more than that by the end of the year, but, anyway it'll be a good milestone.

So, go Larkin!

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Maybe captain critical could make the safe play there instead of throwing the puck into an odd man rush there.

This team is incapable of dumping the puck in when they get pinched to the boards. It's always a higher risk pass attempt towards the center of the ice. 

Total uninspired play by Z, and just as uninspiring of Nyquist to stop skating, and let his man get behind him. This whole team deserves a serious bag skate.

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

One thing I keeping watching for is that Larkin is almost a 50 pt. guy for the first time - just needs 1 more pt.

I remember in a pre-season interview, he was asked what he'd consider a successful bounce-back year and he said getting to 50 points. I'm sure he'll get more than that by the end of the year, but, anyway it'll be a good milestone.

So, go Larkin!

Amidst all of the negativity surrounding this team right now Larkin really is a bright spot for me. I love seeing the young guys take a step in the right direction, and his game has really improved this year.

16 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

This reflects poorly on the coaching staff...I know - beating a dead horse here.

Pretty sure that that horse was turned into glue a few years ago. Maybe even more than a few. This was Babcock's MO for several years already. 

Thinking back a bit, this is what got us destroyed by New Jersey in 95. Bowman refused to dump and chase against their trap, to try to keep them even partially honest. Of course hooking and holding kept us from being able to retrieve pucks anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Well that blows

Depends on how you look at it. I'm not trying to be negative or a smart ass by saying I want them to lose. Virtually the only thing the team is working towards is finishing lower in the rankings to improve their chances of a better pick. I'd rather see us get that #1, even though it's still a stretch. 

Sad. The Sharts played a terrible game, and we had to out terrible them. A couple of decent performances, but overall disappointing. 

Not for tanking at all, because that doesn't build character for the youngins. I'd rather watch them play hard every night and lose a tight, well played game. At least it seems a little more honorable than going full on tank. 

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That is why Jimmy is bad. Way overplayed that. He was on the ice before Kane even passed.

Again! Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy....well at least our draft odds will go up.

Jimmy better not be here this time next year.

I'd be okay with a top 5 pick next year as well. Let's speed up that rebuild!

On 3/13/2018 at 3:47 PM, LeftWinger said:

yes, but what I mean is, I hope he's dealt at the TDL.

I mean, lets keep him. Get more of the same this time next year.

Also very unlikely there would even be a market for him at next season's deadline. May as well let him play out the contract and cut ties with him then. But if Holland is still here, I fully expect a 3-4 year extension. 

Edited by marcaractac