• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/16 GDT | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10 PM ET

Rate this topic

Here's to hoping we can go winless in the month of March! Bring on the lottery baby! And further cement Blashill's pink slip at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, kylee said:

When was the last time we were this bad? 1985-1986?

89/90: 28-38-14  70 points

9 hours ago, kylee said:

But being bad was good that year, as Brad Park knew how to keep the fans excitement level high, and called up Both Probert and Kocur, within a week or so of each other. After mid-December that season, fans were happy to lose the games as long as we won the fights. Ah, the good old days. 

21 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

DYdXsghV4AAH0p7.jpg

Auston Matthews

18 hours ago, kylee said:

last week

13 hours ago, kjw25 said:

One positive, Abdelkader won a fight! 

Not really. If this team was any good, he wouldn't be fighting. He makes way too much money for fighting to be his biggest contribution.

45 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Auston Matthews

last week

Not really. If this team was any good, he wouldn't be fighting. He makes way too much money for fighting to be his biggest contribution.

I'm pretty sure being gritty is his best attribute.  What he gets paid is Hollands conundrum not ours, he's never going to see the goals he scored while playing with Dats and he was banking shots off him into the net.  Just skate hard, hit hard, dig for pucks and fight when he should, that's what Abby can do.  Anything else is over expectation by a long shot

56 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I wouldn't say Abdelkader's biggest contribution is fighting (he's only had 7 fights in the past 3 seasons), but it is nice that he is willing and able to stand up for his teammates from time to time. He's good for 16+ minutes a night, plays the 2nd most special teams of any player (next to Larkin). He's a good penalty killer, decent on the power-play as a net front guy, plays physically and is a good leader. 30-40 points is about what we can expect from Abdelkader, and I don't think that's too bad for a 3rd line winger. He is a little overpaid in dollars and term, but I don't think it's that bad. Every team has bad contracts, but the worst contract on this team is Nielsen in my opinion. I hated that contract ever since it was signed...

Devellano needs to call out Mantha for his pathetic showing against Kesler of all people.  He should have thrown Kesler around like a rag doll.  Instead, he acted like he was fighting against Joe Kocur.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Devellano needs to call out Mantha for his pathetic showing against Kesler of all people.  He should have thrown Kesler around like a rag doll.  Instead, he acted like he was fighting against Joe Kocur.  

Mantha acts tough, but he's soft.

12 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

But being bad was good that year, as Brad Park knew how to keep the fans excitement level high, and called up Both Probert and Kocur, within a week or so of each other. After mid-December that season, fans were happy to lose the games as long as we won the fights. Ah, the good old days. 

so....play Witkowski some more? :lol: