• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

3/20 GDT - Flyers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

Just now, F.Michael said:

I feel the same way about this entire team.

Not that I was able to watch many games back in the 80's 'Dead Wings' era, but the few I did - from what I recall - we at least had this kid Yzerman who could light the lamp, and some tuff customers like Probert, and Kocur who made losing fun to watch...This team just flat out sucks, and are boring as hell.

The empty seats in the arena agree.  Witkowski should have been playing in this game.  

I wonder if that blockhead Chris Ilitch is even watching this team on a regular basis, or whether he's jerking off somewhere in Tigers' spring training?

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I feel the same way about this entire team.

Not that I was able to watch many games back in the 80's 'Dead Wings' era, but the few I did - from what I recall - we at least had this kid Yzerman who could light the lamp, and some tuff customers like Probert, and Kocur who made losing fun to watch...This team just flat out sucks, and are boring as hell.

It was only 2 years (not in a row) with those players that we missed the playoffs.  A lot of ways, after 1985-86, you could tell that the team was going somewhere. Right now, this team has a number of holes that need to be filled before we can get that warm feeling. A #1 center, a #1 goalie and an entire D corp....

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Sell the team...?

I'm sure Dan Gilbert would love to own this team. We could change the name of the arena then. I hate the name. A long time ago I suggested Cadillac Centre, that name sounds elegant, ritzy, luxorious...Little Caesars Arena sounds like minimum wage, $5 garbage pizza.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm sure Dan Gilbert would love to own this team. We could change the name of the arena then. I hate the name. A long time ago I suggested Cadillac Centre, that name sounds elegant, ritzy, luxorious...Little Caesars Arena sounds like minimum wage, $5 garbage pizza.

Oldsmobile Arena would be more fitting for this team.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Little do people know that the video below goes to show the extent of which Ford Motor Co was willing to rid the world of those who drove arch rival Chevrolet...

See the flames engulfing the Impala?

Was the plan all along...

If St. Bernard's knew how to drive, Cujo could've been a very short movie!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

:lol: We NEED goaltending!

Dump Coreau and give Matej a shot I say. McCollum can stay where he is no matter what. he's not even worth giving Calgary that 7th rounder.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

You know it must chap Mrazek's ass that he got pulled against the Wings.

*EDIT*

lol, I didnt mean this as a joke. But after reading my comment back I see I should have written:

"You know it must @chaps80 Mrazek's ass that he got pulled against the Wings."

Sorry man, had to say it! Its all in fun. :lol:

All good. Mrazek is ******* it up for himself in Philly. Yelling at the coaching staff after he was pulled won't help him either. Some Flyers fans weren't too quick to blame him for tonight though, their D was atrocious and the whole team came out flat.

52 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Dump Coreau and give Matej a shot I say. McCollum can stay where he is no matter what. he's not even worth giving Calgary that 7th rounder.

All good. Mrazek is ******* it up for himself in Philly. Yelling at the coaching staff after he was pulled won't help him either. Some Flyers fans weren't too quick to blame him for tonight though, their D was atrocious and the whole team came out flat.

That was honestly a real big slap in the face to Mrazek to pull him with 3 goals against playing his former team. I think that's a terrible call from the Philly coaching, and a good way to piss off your new goaltender that may need to play some playoff games for you. I'm not a fan of the guy, but they did him flat out wrong in this scenario. I'd be ashamed as a Flyers fan to disrespect him like that.

23 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

That was honestly a real big slap in the face to Mrazek to pull him with 3 goals against playing his former team. I think that's a terrible call from the Philly coaching, and a good way to piss off your new goaltender that may need to play some playoff games for you. I'm not a fan of the guy, but they did him flat out wrong in this scenario. I'd be ashamed as a Flyers fan to disrespect him like that.

This is true. You usually don't see goalies get pulled in a 3-1 game. The fact that it was in his return to Detroit def makes it worse too. Guess the coaches felt a change might spark the team to actually play hockey. No reason to yell at the coach in front of your team on camera though, even though his anger is probably justified. I know Petr is a fierce competitor and did it heat of the moment, but it doesn't look very good. I remember saying the same when Howard did it earlier this season.

But it does show he wants to play hockey and win games, so it can be taken that way as well.

He gave up 3 goals over a span of like 4 minutes.  He  absolutely should have been yanked.  The defense wasn't great on that third goal, but his positioning for all three goals was awful and that's been the big problem with him since coming to the NHL.  That Glendening goal, off the right wing, happens to Mrazek all the time.  Definitely a weak spot for him and he can't seem to correct it.  He can yell at the coach all he wants, he hasn't been very good for them since the trade and they nearly came back and won with Lyon in net.