• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/22 | Washington Capitals @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

*singsongingitalong* Today's my birthday! Yes, it's my birthday! I'm going to the game! I'm taking my son. It's my son's first game. He's only three! I'm hoping we lose! Isn't that terrible!  He's going to be sooo confused!  Section 126 Row 24 if anyone wants to buy me a birthday beer (...or give me a punch to the gut for all my smartassedness around this joint over the years!)

LGRW!

35 minutes ago, e_prime said:

*singsongingitalong* Today's my birthday! Yes, it's my birthday! I'm going to the game! I'm taking my son. It's my son's first game. He's only three! I'm hoping we lose! Isn't that terrible!  He's going to be sooo confused!  Section 126 Row 24 if anyone wants to buy me a birthday beer (...or give me a punch to the gut for all my smartassedness around this joint over the years!)

LGRW!

As much as it will hurt the draft gotta have the win on the bday.

The boy has to experience screaming "just a city boy born and raised in South Detroit" Oh wait he is 3 he will just remember that his dad took him to a game which is the coolest part. So you may root for defeat as the experience is what matters!

Remember took my daughter to her first game about same age and it was here in Atlanta.  She proudly wore her Wings jersey and actually made on the big screen. Buuuut smiles turned to tears when the Thrashers crowd booed her lol. Took a lot of candy that night to calm her down. 

Happy Happy Birthday

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

LGRW!

Best birthday gift ever = Dahlin points

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, kylee said:

Hot take: Ovechkin will hit 50 goals this year 

It's a good hot take actually.  Needs 6 goals...8 games to go.  Not likely, but certainly no where near impossible.  It's a lofty goals per game pace to get it, but all it takes is a hot streak at the right time.....you don't need to maintain the pace over 20 games

At least they played well against a cup contender. Played better than the Caps actually. That's a good sign that the team still cares enough to compete. Grubauer played really well or that game would have easily gone the other way. Failing to score on the 5 on 3 pretty much sealed their fate for the game IMO.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

At least they played well against a cup contender. Played better than the Caps actually. That's a good sign that the team still cares enough to compete. Grubauer played really well or that game would have easily gone the other way. Failing to score on the 5 on 3 pretty much sealed their fate for the game IMO.

Yup. This is best case scenario for these games down the stretch. Outplay the opponents and lose by a goal or two. Ideally the kids will score a few goals in each game as well. I want to see some more 3 and 4 point games from Larkin and Mantha...

SUCCESS!!!

He had the best time and was a real trooper the entire evening.  Got in early enough to watch the warmups down at ice level.  Explored pretty much every nook and cranny of LCA. 

First period action:

IMG_1283.thumb.jpg.7094be5f7404a842711e0f5b9df5cebe.jpg

IMG_1286.thumb.jpg.41d44ae2917bdd1e7503c5d927539757.jpg

Gettin' HYPED UP with his uncle... LGRW! Clap-Clap  Clap-Clap-Clap

IMG_1299.thumb.jpg.00589f6722412d63f6229c1d97da6050.jpg

Between the benches during the second period.

IMG_1298.thumb.jpg.70a095ee9728b476d9b3cae663ddc7ca.jpg

Post game. By this time he was watching PawPatrol on the iPhone. Surprised he was still awake.  Crashed hard in the car as soon as we got on 75.

IMG_1309.thumb.jpg.3fce7a4b617d054616a5eb14d4011a0a.jpg

I had to MAN(tha) up at this game and grab his sweater.  I also had to give some lip service to some Caps fan behind me who decided that he need to comment something (just loudly enough) about my new purchase.

IMG_1311.thumb.jpg.2709ebea320c1a2c7fb8b3129d489a21.jpg

2 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

Prime's da true MVP! 

You fookin' betta beeelleeeeeve eeettt.  :lol:

I didn't necessarily get to enjoy the actual game as much as I would have liked, but what I did get to take in was a pretty well played game for the Wings.  Svech got into a little tussle early in the game and that got everybody off their feet and garnered a round of applause for him.  Both AA and Helm looked very speedy and at times had a couple nice flashes of skill (Helmer still has cement hands.)  Larkin and Z worked their asses off ALL NIGHT LONG.  Ericsson didn't look terrible.  Kronner with the biggest noticeable errors.

Edited by e_prime

4 hours ago, e_prime said:

You fookin' betta beeelleeeeeve eeettt.  :lol:

I didn't necessarily get to enjoy the actual game as much as I would have liked, but what I did get to take in was a pretty well played game for the Wings.  Svech got into a little tussle early in the game and that got everybody off their feet and garnered a round of applause for him.  Both AA and Helm looked very speedy and at times had a couple nice flashes of skill (Helmer still has cement hands.)  Larkin and Z worked their asses off ALL NIGHT LONG.  Ericsson didn't look terrible.  Kronner with the biggest noticeable errors.

Your boys grown since the last time we saw pics (Datsyuk jersey I believe). Holy s*** time flew by.