• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Green to undergo Cervical Spine Surgery...

Rate this topic

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

If I had to guess, he’s done as a hockey player soon.

Yeah, I'd be hesitant in re-signing him after this news. It's unfortunate for Green and the Red Wings. I'm hoping Hicketts will get the call, but knowing the Red Wings they'll go with Ouellet and Witkowski...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Haha wouldn't be surprised... 

It'll likely be Hicketts, but it'd be cool to see Hronek for a few games too.

Either way this might open up a spot for Sulak in GR. Seems like he’s coming off a pretty solid season overseas. It would be nice to see what he can bring to the table. I don’t know much about his game.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm assuming it'll be Joe Hicketts Blashill is pretty high on him. If Holland brings up Lashoff then he needs to go bye bye.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am guessing Hicketts

Pretty much my thinking as well.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Haha wouldn't be surprised... 

It'll likely be Hicketts, but it'd be cool to see Hronek for a few games too.

Yeah i think it will be Joe Hicketts, Though i wouldn't mind Filip Hronek just doubt Holland takes him out of GR for only 8 games though.

The Griffins have been rolling 7 D most games this season, so adding Sulak and losing Hicketts or Hronek shouldn't be that much of a blow to the team. It should also give Saarijarvi a boost in minutes, so that could be a positive as well.

35 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol, Why do you need 8 D for a playoff chase? Oh wait, its Holland. He can't give up on the playoffs.

I don't think it's that they need 8 defensemen down there. It's more so that they want to call the best defenseman up to Detroit, but don't want to lose their best defenseman down in Grand Rapids. It's a big weekend for them, with three games in three nights in the middle of a big playoff push. They likely want to call up Hicketts or Hronek, which would be a significant loss to GR. It makes perfect sense to me. Let them play the three games this weekend, play Ouellet tomorrow night against the Leafs and call one of the most up for the game Monday night in Montreal or Tuesday night at home against the Pens.