• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Goligoski Snipe Goal

Rate this topic

Anyone catch his goal last night (1 of 2 on the night).  He dumped the puck in.....goalie (Cam Ward I believe) went to stop the puck behind the net.....after which he didn't know where the puck went, so quickly got back into his crease......puck was stuck in his skate and his skate went well over the goal line....therefore, a goal.

So the goal would go to whichever Coyote player touched the puck last. Could you imagine if it was someone's 3rd goal of the game to complete the hat trick? How does that affect Ward's GAA and Save Percentage? I am guessing it counts against his GAA, but not his Sv pct because it wasn't a shot on goal?

So would it count if the puck was stuck in an opposing skaters skate and he purposefully pushed his skate past the goal line? 

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 10:57 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So the goal would go to whichever Coyote player touched the puck last. Could you imagine if it was someone's 3rd goal of the game to complete the hat trick? How does that affect Ward's GAA and Save Percentage? I am guessing it counts against his GAA, but not his Sv pct because it wasn't a shot on goal?

So would it count if the puck was stuck in an opposing skaters skate and he purposefully pushed his skate past the goal line? 

If it was purposefully done wouldn't that indicate distinct kicking motion?  

On 3/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It counts as a shot credited to whoever touched it last. 

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎25 at 8:32 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's just it tho, there wouldn't be. The puck isn't being kicked in

I get that but the fact it would take said player to actually purposely take the puck across the goal line with his skate would lead me to believe they might actually make that call ...Who knows but I look forward to hopefully seeing it someday

29 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I get that but the fact it would take said player to actually purposely take the puck across the goal line with his skate would lead me to believe they might actually make that call ...Who knows but I look forward to hopefully seeing it someday

Makes sense. I guess the rule is designed to keep players from scoring without using a stick.