• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

Cholo, Hronek and whoever we draft are pretty much a lock to be regular NHLers with Sulak and Saarijarvi being promising wildcards. Finish bottom 5 for another year or two and we can start being excited about hockey again. Even with Larkin, Ras and working in some young defenders I’ll have a lot more interest

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I heard Some Guy had a great year in juniors and led his team in playoff scoring. He seems promising, but I am more excited about possibly getting Other Dude. he's legit.

I like Other Dude, but he's no Taro Tsujimoto.

On 5/11/2018 at 6:50 AM, krsmith17 said:

Yup, your deals definitely make sense FOR THE OTHER TEAM. Unfortunately, they don't at all FOR THE RED WINGS... Please tell me, what would you trade for Josh Manson? Since he's going to be the best defenseman in the world, I would expect a king's ransom sort of deal... Larkin, Mantha, Rasmussen, Cholowski, 2018 6th overall pick, 2019 1st round pick, Carley Johnston, Al Sobotka, and a lifetime supply of Little Caesars Pizza? Sounds fair...

NOOOOO. There is no offer that I would trade her for. Hubba Hubba.

Image result for carley johnston

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He's only the all-time greatest Buffalo Sabre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Tsujimoto

OK this guy.

Image result for panini Taro TsujimotoImage result for panini Taro Tsujimoto

Hmmmm, maybe I use the number 6 on Wahlstrom, draft skilled defensemen and centers with the remaining picks and go all in on Carlson, or OEL, or Karlsson in free agency.  Land one of them over the next two years, add a high end scorer (Wahlstrom), and some higher than average depth, along with Larkin, Mantha, Ras, Svech, AA, Cholo, Hronek, Bert and I like the way the team looks in a few years. 

I'd also look to move Nyquist for picks at the trade deadline, and very heavily shop all of Howard, Dekeyser, Glendening (or Helm, not both).  You need guys in the locker room to teach the young guys how to be good pros.  Abby, Z, Kronwall, Daley, Ericssson, Helm (or Glendening), and Neilsen all provide that over the next few years.

Edited by kipwinger

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Eh im not into chix who are into sports, cause then they have opinions, and then we fight.

But id give her the ol shoot n scoot fersure

I think that's why I originally fell in love with her thought she was hot... There are hot girls, and then there are hot girls that love sports. I'm a big fan of the latter...

On 2018-05-15 at 8:32 PM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I still think Bean is a future top pair defenseman. Maybe not a number one, but a very good number two. Then we take Bouchard with our 6th overall pick this year, who has number one potential, and all of a sudden you have a future top 4 of Bean - Bouchard, Cholowski - Hronek. A lot of potential there...

I'd rather have Bean over Slavin, or any other defenseman in the Carolina organization (other than Hanifin, who isn't going anywhere), and he'd likely cost less as well. 

I'd probably rather keep Svechnikov over Athanasiou as well, but both are tradeable assets (neither should be off the table), and Svechnikov probably holds more value, being a couple years younger.

Athanasiou and Saarijarvi wouldn't come close to getting us the 10th overall pick. Although, we are talking about Chiarelli, so maybe it would take a lot less than we think...

Well ya the gm being chiarelli comes to mind but I remember a lot of talk about how the oilers got rid of hall and eberle and now have no wingers and was thinking with AA's speed with mcdavid that line would create a lot of havoc , think he'd get 30 so long as they don't keep s***ting on him and putting him on a 4th line like our stupid coach does 

Maybe even add helm ? I think we s*** on him too much , put him on a contender with that speed and he'll do wonders , our team just sucks now  , that would allow Nugent Hopkins to play wing with draisaitl and mcavid with AA and helm centering the third line .... I could look like a moron but I think with his job on the line he'd consider a similar type deal  .... that could allow us to possibly draft bouchard and Dobson or bouchard and kotkaniemi and also possibly adding bean as you mentioned 

Also like good forwards we can land with the 28 to 36 picks like lauko,dellandrea,marchenko,nordgren or if were lucky k Miller on d ... think if we make some moves this draft will be a big one for us when we look back years from now,  gotta take some chances and go for some stars and not the sure nhler that'll be a bottom 6 player 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I noticed the flames don't have a pick till 105 , already a stacked d ... valimaaki is untouchable I'd say but I think we can and should target one of rasmus Andersson or Oliver kylington with a pick or 2, maybe a nyquist or something .... thoughts?

I think our best chances is to add someone like this , or like Jake bean that was mentioned ...Dante fabbro, teams that are stacked on d and can afford these deals and we have to hope they emerge and become 1-2 guys with us , no one will deal these top dmen already at the top ... preds also don't have a pick rounds 1 to 2

Holland has to make some moves to add and delete wastes of life Like Ericsson 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, krsmith17 said:

F*** You man! Carley is a goddamn goddess!

Yeah, she's pretty damn hot. 

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  DeKeyser and Ericsson are dead wood.

And will continue to be until their contracts expire. DD may even get an extension!

11 hours ago, Prolix said:

I don't believe that any of you have actually interacted with a real-life human woman.

prove_me_wrong_meme.jpeg

5ab0754f1036cc3f29e0d8ff9d3485e7.jpg

Thats where ur sorely mistaken nancy

Held a girls hand in the 7th grade once

Was hot AF

10/10 would do again

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Matt Cane just came out with his Free Agent predictions for this off-season.

Here are a few notables...

RFA's

Larkin - 6 years at $6,320,945

Mantha - 2 years at $4,503,347

Athanasiou - 2 years at $1,881,831

Bertuzzi - 2 years at $1,057,648

Frk - 1 year at $1,017,035

UFA's

Green - 5 years at $5,639,168

Tavares - 8 years at $10,734,881

Carlson - 8 years at $8,635,489

I'd prefer to get Larkin locked up for the max 8 years, but $6-6.5M would be a good deal for both sides. I'd also prefer to get Mantha locked up long term. Around $5-5.5M for 6 years would be what I'd like to see. I'd be okay with 3 of those deals for Athanasiou (1.75-2.25M), Bertuzzi ($1-1.5M) and Frk (1-1.25M).

I don't think Green will get close to that, but if he does, Holland better stay far away. 2-3 years max at a much lower cap hit. And again, if we're bringing Green back, he better be willing to move another defenseman.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q-Pnzfvmo_1hDlWu7WqJHVyTZqy15386jVESKSOf0V4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Matt Cane just came out with his Free Agent predictions for this off-season.

Here are a few notables...

RFA's

Larkin - 6 years at $6,320,945

Mantha - 2 years at $4,503,347

Athanasiou - 2 years at $1,881,831

Bertuzzi - 2 years at $1,057,648

Frk - 1 year at $1,017,035

Yep, this is pretty much how I see it playing out (assuming no trades). $6-6.5 x 6 for Larkin, $4-4.5 x 2 for Mantha. The others are easier to figure.

I don't think they go for full term with Larkin because the cold truth is the jury's still out on what he's going to be at the NHL level. Personally, I'm bullish on him, but I've been wrong about young players before....

Same idea with Mantha: he has all the potential in the world, but a 48-point season and inconsistent performance probably shouldn't get you a monster long-term deal in this day and age, even if your ceiling is really high.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Tavares - 8 years at $10,734,881

Carlson - 8 years at $8,635,489

So max term is 8 years, right? I have this weird thing where it's set in my mind that it's 7, even though I "know" it's 8.

At any rate, I'm somewhat surprised by these two predictions, as I'd thought the $$$ would be bigger. I'd be interested to know if Matt Cane sees them signing these contracts with the Isles and Caps. If so, I guess it's less surprising to me. If not, and those are the offers that win bidding wars...wouldn't you expect the $$$ to be a little bigger? Maybe it's just me. *shrug*

Top 3 goalie in czech league last year, but doesn´t count. Suprised he agreed with Wings, while RW has recently BAD record with czecho-slovakian players. 

Anyway, Sulak and Hronek had very good WC.