• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The more time Frk spends in the NHL, the more he turns out better than Pulks. He may indeed turn out to spend most of his career in the minors or overseas, but he would still be more of an NHLer than Pulks.

Still a handful of games behind Pulk, and his future for next season is in doubt. :)

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The more time Frk spends in the NHL, the more he turns out better than Pulks. He may indeed turn out to spend most of his career in the minors or overseas, but he would still be more of an NHLer than Pulks.

You're really pulling a lot out of the phrase "give it time". I'm not saying give it time as in give him 5 years in the NHL then watch him burnout. I'm saying wait till next month when he has zero NHL offers... To be clear, I think there's still a possibility he may get a cheap contract at some point if he's willing to take one. After all Pulkkinen is still technically under NHL contract as well.

The heart of my point was Pulks and Frk are essentially the same useless player. Below average at everything wingers, besides their wicked RH shots. It's precisely why Pulks didn't succeed in the NHL back when, and I'd bet it's why the team is rumored to be cutting Frk loose now.

I've had to wait a whole year for this "told ya so" let me enjoy it. In the meantime, you can look on my mighty crystal ball yee mortal and despair :)

3 hours ago, Buppy said:

Still a handful of games behind Pulk, and his future for next season is in doubt. :)

One mention of a similar player and suddenly the argument is only about comparing those two players, don't encourage them.

The answer is: Pulkkinen and Frk are both trash, plan n simple

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're really pulling a lot out of the phrase "give it time". I'm not saying give it time as in give him 5 years in the NHL then watch him burnout. I'm saying wait till next month when he has zero NHL offers... To be clear, I think there's still a possibility he may get a cheap contract at some point if he's willing to take one. After all Pulkkinen is still technically under NHL contract as well.

The heart of my point was Pulks and Frk are essentially the same useless player. Below average at everything wingers, besides their wicked RH shots. It's precisely why Pulks didn't succeed in the NHL back when, and I'd bet it's why the team is rumored to be cutting Frk loose now.

I've had to wait a whole year for this "told ya so" let me enjoy it. In the meantime, you can look on my mighty crystal ball yee mortal and despair :)

One mention of a similar player and suddenly the argument is only about comparing those two players, don't encourage them.

The answer is: Pulkkinen and Frk are both trash, plan n simple

Don't worry. If Frk gets 0 NHL offers, then you will turn out to be right. Even if he plays more than Pulks in the NHL, they are both still fringe NHL players with a big RH shot. You can have your "I told you so" moment then.

BTW, I never disagreed with your assessment about their ability and lack of skill set. I do believe that Frk is slightly better than Pulkinnen tho and will probably end up hanging around longer than Pulks did. Just my 2 cents. But yeah, they really aren't that good. Would rather have Jurco over Frk to be honest, so fight me.

59 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Don't worry. If Frk gets 0 NHL offers, then you will turn out to be right. Even if he plays more than Pulks in the NHL, they are both still fringe NHL players with a big RH shot. You can have your "I told you so" moment then.

BTW, I never disagreed with your assessment about their ability and lack of skill set. I do believe that Frk is slightly better than Pulkinnen tho and will probably end up hanging around longer than Pulks did. Just my 2 cents. But yeah, they really aren't that good. Would rather have Jurco over Frk to be honest, so fight me.

Gimme an address white boi

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

University of Michigan NCAA Mens Basketball Championships = 1

Michigan State Mens Basketball Championships = 2

Indiana University Mens Basketball NCAA Basketball Championships = 5

5 > 3

U of M ice hockey championships = 9

MSU ice hockey championships = 3

Indiana ice hockey championships = 0

12 > 0

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

U of M ice hockey championships = 9

MSU ice hockey championships = 3

Indiana ice hockey championships = 0

12 > 0

Can't win without a team.

Plus I am at a huge disadvantage cuz Pur-don't sucks.

Image result for purdue meme
Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Question:

Would both of Detroit's first round picks plus a 2019 2nd been enough to acquire Karlsson? If so, would you make that deal? 

I don't think it'd be enough. Even if it was enough, I wouldn't make that trade. Karlsson is 28, will cost them a fortune in a year, and they won't be relevant again until he's in his 30's.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Question:

Would both of Detroit's first round picks plus a 2019 2nd been enough to acquire Karlsson? If so, would you make that deal? 

Sweetlondon smokes meth. I make that deal in a hearbeat. Ottawa would never take it tho. Id give at least 2 firsts and roster players... maybe more

9 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Question:

I don't think it would be enough and I wouldn't pay that price for any pending UFA. If it were a sign and trade (those never happen) I'd consider it for sure, but even then, like Swede mentioned, he's 28 years old now, and will be past his prime by the time this team is ready to compete. If we're giving up those kind of assets, I'd much prefer go after a 21-23 year old who can grow and develop with Larkin, Mantha and co.

16 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Add Karlsson and we could conceivably compete this year. 

That's the thing. He's one of the exceedingly few players in the league who's capable of singlehandedly changing a team's fortunes. Granted, he hasn't really led Ottawa anywhere in all his years as a Senator, and I do have concerns about his long-term durability (he's played a ton of hockey and suffered some big injuries), but damn if he didn't almost drag the 2017 Sens all the way to the Cup Finals and damn if that wasn't impressive.

Really depends on what the exact terms of the trade would be.

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

For what?

Cup obviously.

And if you don't believe he could make that much difference, you shouldn't be considering the package anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

...Granted, he hasn't really led Ottawa anywhere in all his years as a Senator,...

That'd be a concern of mine as well (and that's the biggest reason I'm not interested in Tavares), but with Karlsson and considering defense is our main weakness I'd still do it as long as I was confident I could re-sign him at a non-crippling cap hit.

JT and EK would go a long way to getting this team back on track, but I don't think EK would be enough to make the defense Cup caliber. Throw in another upper level 2nd pair guy, and I think it's close. Adding JT gives you 6 legit top 6 guys, and a 3rd line of Nielsen, AA, and Rass. That would be a REEEE-HEEALLLY good 3rd line. And you'll still have 3rd liners bumped down to ur 4th line. Really deep up front there. Still not elite, but DEEP.

I really think Kenneth has something up his sleeve this year. Won't be mad if he doesn't make a big splash, I just get the slight feeling he's lacing up the steel toes for some epic tire kicking...

He's got like 17 million in cap space right now. He's gotta sign Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi yet. He's gotta trade Ouellet yet. Does he trades Green's rights? Is he ready to part ways with Nyquist already? Tavares, Karlsson, Kovalchuck, Simmonds, and Panarin (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) are all possibly on the market. He's got a stockpile of draft picks if he wants to make trades.

The conditions seem right to me for a major shake up if he decides to go nuts

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really think Kenneth has something up his sleeve this year. Won't be mad if he doesn't make a big splash, I just get the slight feeling he's lacing up the steel toes for some epic tire kicking...

He's got like 17 million in cap space right now. He's gotta sign Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi yet. He's gotta trade Ouellet yet. Does he trades Green's rights? Is he ready to part ways with Nyquist already? Tavares, Karlsson, Kovalchuck, Simmonds, and Panarin (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) are all possibly on the market. He's got a stockpile of draft picks if he wants to make trades.

The conditions seem right to me for a major shake up if he decides to go nuts

I_want_to_believe.png