• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

Red Wings NOT opposed to bringing Marty Frk back

So this article gives a better explanation of what is going with Frk.

The team is not opposed to bringing him back, however the team is opposed to submitting a qualifying offer on him. If we qualify him it will cost us $715,000. Cheap right? But the catch with qualifying him at this price is that he then gains arbitration rights... which he will likely exercise... and an arbitrator will likely award more than $715,000. The Wings would rather risk negotiating with him as a UFA and losing him to another team, than trust an arbitrator with the contract.

This is smart IMO. Seems Ken is playing closer to attention to keeping his players salaries under control. He would rather risk Frk walking than overpay him, which is good, Frk definitely ain't good enough to warrant any over-payment.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That gives us roughly $26M with Franzen LTIR. We can lock our RFA's up long term and still make a splash in UFA if we want to.

(or Ottawa can sign Karlsson to 8 yrs. $88M and trade him to us and we'd STILL have money to spend!)

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That gives us roughly $26M with Franzen LTIR. We can lock our RFA's up long term and still make a splash in UFA if we want to.

(or Ottawa can sign Karlsson to 8 yrs. $88M and trade him to us and we'd STILL have money to spend!)

Assuming we trade Ouellet at the draft or this summer as the team indicated, and say it costs us roughly $10 million to lock up Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi, we are left with about just under $18 million in cap space. That's with really only the backup goalie spot to fill... Hicketts and Rassmussen can fill other vacancies.

So say a back up costs us $2 million, and with factoring some ELC's being added to the lineup. We have roughly $14 million to blow this summer.

Someone check my math.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Assuming we trade Ouellet at the draft or this summer as the team indicated, and say it costs us roughly $10 million to lock up Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi, we are left with about just under $18 million in cap space. That's with really only the backup goalie spot to fill... Hicketts and Rassmussen can fill other vacancies.

So say a back up costs us $2 million, and with factoring some ELC's being added to the lineup. We have roughly $14 million to blow this summer.

Someone check my math.

So you're saying there's a chance.... 

tavares.jpg

20 minutes ago, amato said:

So you're saying there's a chance.... 

tavares.jpg

Yes there's a chance.

Image result for hell froze over meme

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Furreal tho, we could fit any large name in.

Also, I like that you included a pic of him scoring on Mrazek lol

It happened a lot so...

54 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Someone check my math.

Your math might be a little off here on the $10 million, Probably Larkin at $5.5 million per Mantha 3.5 million per AA $2 million per and Bertuzzi about $1.25 million per That's like $12.25 million right there. But we should still be in excellent shape this summer.

2 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Your math might be a little off here on the $10 million, Probably Larkin at $5.5 million per Mantha 3.5 million per AA $2 million per and Bertuzzi about $1.25 million per That's like $12.25 million right there. But we should still be in excellent shape this summer.

Did I ask you to check my math??

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did I ask you to check my math??

Not me individually? But any way you look at it, Mantha, Larkin, AA and Bertuzzi will come in slightly more then the $10 million you posted. Unless Larkin gives us a hometown discount of $4.5 million or so the still think it will cost us around $12 million to $13 million to lockup those 4 players unless AA is dealt.

1 minute ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Not me individually? But any way you look at it, Mantha, Larkin, AA and Bertuzzi will come in slightly more then the $10 million you posted. Unless Larkin gives us a hometown discount of $4.5 million or so the still think it will cost us around $12 million to $13 million to lockup those 4 players unless AA is dealt.

Nvm, I asked you to check my math, sorry

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Someone check my math.

I don't want any cap space used in free agency, unless it's on a Tavares or Carlson type player, or trade, unless it's a top end player in his prime.

Holland having a lot of cap space makes me a little nervous. Especially if he has a target in mind and he signs elsewhere, presses the panic button on the next best thing, which is a huge downgrade...

29 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So after advocating for them forever, now you hate right handers. Buppy was right about you man. :lol:

I've never advocated signing a 34 year old right handed shooter. I'm sure Vanek would be a solid addition to any team for another season or two. What does that do for us though? We need to get younger, not older.