• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

50 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Help us, Disco Dan, you're our only hope.

BSD0GeLCAAAxpkw.jpg

Well, you can tell by the way I use my lines
I'm a PP man, no time for Witkowski-fines
Pittsburgh's dumb and Buffalo's worn, I've been kicked around, since I was born
And now it's alright, it's okay
And you may skate the other way
We can try to understand
The Detroit Free Press effect on man
Whether you're a Zadina or whether you're a Mantha
You're takin' a dive, takin' a dive
Feel the PP wakin' and everybody shakin'
Please take a dive, take a dive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, takin' a dive, takin' a dive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, TAKIN' A DIVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE
Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If anyone is feeling hopeful about the coming season, just watch and remember this (must enjoy pain):

No effort. Half heart-ed checks. Truly embarrassing.

That was humiliating. I swear I saw the back ref use his off arm to help hold up the other. In his defense it was nearly two minutes of delayed penalty time...totally heartless non-effort by the hometown club. Where was Brett Lebda when we really needed him?!?

I'm very happy with our forward prospects

At D we have some decent picks, but a #1 D may still be a need

An area of weakness I see that no one seems to be talking about is the net. Mrazek failed and departed. Howard is aging. And Bernier is not going to carry us to anything.

We have a few goalies in the pipeline, but none seem to be outstanding (granted goalie prospects are largely wild cards and very difficult to project) I rank Larsson as the front runner, but he will attend the University of Denver soon and probably won't be able to join the team until the 2023-24 season. Petruzelli was well liked on draft day, but has mostly fell short since. No one else seems worthy of note.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm very happy with our forward prospects

At D we have some decent picks, but a #1 D may still be a need

An area of weakness I see that no one seems to be talking about is the net. Mrazek failed and departed. Howard is aging. And Bernier is not going to carry us to anything.

We have a few goalies in the pipeline, but none seem to be outstanding (granted goalie prospects are largely wild cards and very difficult to project) I rank Larsson as the front runner, but he will attend the University of Denver soon and probably won't be able to join the team until the 2023-24 season. Petruzelli was well liked on draft day, but has mostly fell short since. No one else seems worthy of note.

I'm ok with goaltending being treated as kind of an afterthought, at least for the time being. We're so far away from being a contender and goalies are such a crapshoot that I think Holland would be justified in simply letting things play themselves out for a little while. Que sera, sera.

Now, if Larkin takes another big step forward this season and we sign Erik Karlsson next summer...then I'ma be more concerned about our goaltending situation. Because Cup window.

From the article Dabura posted up there ^^^

Zetterberg's status for this season is in question because of recurring back problems.

"I have talked to his agent a number of times over the course of the summer, and I know he's had a tough summer," Holland told the Red Wings website Friday regarding the 37-year-old forward, who had back surgery in 2014. "He hasn't been able to train anywhere near close to where he's been able to train past summers due to his back. So there is a real unknown right now with Henrik Zetterberg."

The Red Wings will give long looks in the preseason to forwards Zadina, 18, Rasmussen, 19, and Evgeny Svechnikov, 21, and defensemen Joe Hicketts, 22, Dennis Cholowski, 20, and Filip Hronek, 20.

Doesn't sound too promising for the captain. Still hope he has another year in him, but I hope he does what's best for his long term health. On the plus side those are exactly the younglings I'd like to see get some playing time with the Wings. Pre-season should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

All joking aside, Daley to the Oilers for a pick would be a great deal for both sides. Oilers need help on the back end. We need to free up cap space / roster spots.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

All joking aside, Daley to the Oilers for a pick would be a great deal for both sides. Oilers need help on the back end. We need to free up cap space / roster spots.

Could be great trade. GETHERDUNCAN!

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

But then we'd only have five veterans on the blue line.

2fxk0f.jpg

I'm all for that trade, for sure. BUT!

He'd have to want to go to Edmonton due to his NTC and also the stipulation that it's a full NTC until 10 days prior to the 2019 TDL. Plus I may be wrong, but the 15 team No Trade List just may include Edmonton...BUT I guess he could waive it earlier and allow a trade to Edmonton.

:lol: Our only defender with no such clause is Jensen. Not too sure Edmonton would want him. Nice going Holland, a team is in need for a NHL caliber defender and you have 5 out 6 with NTC's that can control where they'd go if they waived it!

Edited by LeftWinger

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm all for that trade, for sure. BUT!

709901632_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.ccd836fbfec60a56142bd8096f5e507f.png

He'd have to want to go to Edmonton due to his NTC and also the stipulation that it's a full NTC until 10 days prior to the 2019 TDL. Plus I may be wrong, but the 15 team No Trade List just may include Edmonton...BUT I guess he could waive it earlier and allow a trade to Edmonton.

:lol: Our only defender with no such clause is Jensen. Not too sure Edmonton would want him. Nice going Holland, a team is in need for a NHL caliber defender and you have 5 out 6 with NTC's that can control where they'd go if they waived it!

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Besides, this just give Bouchard a better chance of making the Oil. Plus there are a few other D-Men out there that are still UFA that could come in for $1M or so to shore up their D. A few of which are better options than what we have.

Eh so we keep him, no biggie. He's one of our better Dmen anway.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Besides, this just give Bouchard a better chance of making the Oil. Plus there are a few other D-Men out there that are still UFA that could come in for $1M or so to shore up their D. A few of which are better options than what we have.

Yeah I just remembered Enstrom is still available. :(

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah I just remembered Enstrom is still available. :(

Unfortunately Cap is unavailable... :lol:

Honestly though, using the Pro LTIR mode at capfriendly.com, if we were to assign Z to LTIR along with Franzen, have Rasmussen and Zadina  on the roster, we'd have $2.9M available in cap space.

First you keep Zadina and Rasmussen, then you LTIR Z first, THEN Franzen. Yes it matters, so in that order only will it work.

Would Toby sign here for $2.5M? Guess it would beat $0.0M!

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

You don't say... :lol:  Oh wait.  That second part.  :nervous::no::bye2:

Here's a legit question:  Who's no longer waiver eligible?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

if you scroll down to the "non-roster players" section, anyone with the little green arrow under terms is waiver exempt. Everyone else would have to pass through waivers. 

On 8/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, LeftWinger said:

Unfortunately Cap is unavailable... :lol:

Honestly though, using the Pro LTIR mode at capfriendly.com, if we were to assign Z to LTIR along with Franzen, have Rasmussen and Zadina  on the roster, we'd have $2.9M available in cap space.

First you keep Zadina and Rasmussen, then you LTIR Z first, THEN Franzen. Yes it matters, so in that order only will it work.

Would Toby sign here for $2.5M? Guess it would beat $0.0M!

Franzen before the season would be smarter, then Z on day one of the season. Would give us more cap space, as shown in the capfriendly tweet from e_prime

3 minutes ago, e_prime said:

giphy.gif

OMG.  Sorry.

Sorry for what? No worries!

Also, on the LTIR stuff, looks like we'd be using 3.2 of franzens 3.9 in relief as the roster stands now. Then day one of the season, putting Z on would allow us another 6 mill to spend on the cap, if I'm understanding this correctly. 

edit: although that's with 22 players, including Franzen. So there may have to be some paper moves with waiver exempt players to make it work? 

Edited by amato

On 6/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Zadina will be better than Mantha. He probably is already. 

It's not just those players I mentioned. It's basically every first and second rounder we've drafted since I can remember (including Tatar). I'd give 'em all away in a second for a potential elite winger and all-star (which Mantha wll never be) . 

I know I'm probably pushing your buttons a bit here because Mantha's your guy, but I'm really not trying to.

To me, on a good team, he's a fringe 1st liner and most likely, at best, a secondary scorer. He's Jordan Eberle/Jeff Skinner. Zadina's gonna be a Kucherov/Hall.

This must've been the hypiest of hype for Zadina! :lol: I am just playing though, like I said, we ALL fell for the hype!

Also, good call on Mantha! Most of us felt he was going to be the next 40+ goal scorer. Sheesh, I hope Yzerman's picks work out better than Holland's! Must remain cautious from here on out! No more over-Hype! 

Edited by LeftWinger