• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Detroit Reportedly in the Mix for Top College UFA Defenseman Daniel Brickley

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What do you mean, lost out? Haven't you heard?...

Weren't these the two big college free agents every team was after? We got em! :w00t:

and waay better we got TWO guys vs 1! and one for the offense side and 1 for the defensive side ..yaaay

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Congratulations kid! So you choose a team with Doughty, Phaneuf, Muzzin, and Martinez ahead of you on the depth chart. Brilliant! Have fun playing on the 3rd pairing. 

Yeah that part I don’t get. My comment was more on the fact Wings aren’t the “everyone wants to play here” anymore. I figured he wants to play for a playoff team now but so are the sharks (I think that’s who his other choice was).

23 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Yeah that part I don’t get. My comment was more on the fact Wings aren’t the “everyone wants to play here” anymore. I figured he wants to play for a playoff team now but so are the sharks (I think that’s who his other choice was).

My bad. I meant to quote Leftwinger since he posted it. The kid is dumb tho. If you have a choice to go anywhere, you go to the team that gives you the most most ice time. Going to LA as a 3rd pairing means a lot less money come contract negotiation time than going to a team like the Wings and getting 2nd pair minutes. I get wanting to go to a winner, but you can do that later after you've earned a lot more money. LA isn't really even in the top 5 for Cup contenders anyway IMO. 

On 3/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, krsmith17 said:

What do you mean, lost out? Haven't you heard?...

Weren't these the two big college free agents every team was after? We got em! :w00t:

More Trevors to go with Daley. So after we trade for Trevor Lewis, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Trevor Smith, we're getting a cup for sure.

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

My bad. I meant to quote Leftwinger since he posted it. The kid is dumb tho. If you have a choice to go anywhere, you go to the team that gives you the most most ice time. Going to LA as a 3rd pairing means a lot less money come contract negotiation time than going to a team like the Wings and getting 2nd pair minutes. I get wanting to go to a winner, but you can do that later after you've earned a lot more money. LA isn't really even in the top 5 for Cup contenders anyway IMO. 

More Trevors to go with Daley. So after we trade for Trevor Lewis, Trevor Van Riemsdyk, and Trevor Smith, we're getting a cup for sure.

The Trevor line. I can see it now lol

On 3/29/2018 at 5:59 AM, krsmith17 said:

Top pair defensemen generally don't make much more than DeKeyser. It's the elite number one guys that get paid significantly more. DeKeyser is being paid like a top pair guy (43rd highest paid) and shouldn't be close to that. Granted, when he received that contract, most, if not everyone thought he was going to grown into it. He hasn't, he's only regressed since... This is another player I'd be heavily shopping, but like Nielsen, I don't see it happening...

Ok. If that is true, than 43rd highest means he's being paid like a #2, which he clearly isn't talent-wise. Although there are probably some guys below DD that are top pair guys who are being paid less because they are on entry level deals, so that kinda skews things a little bit. I tried comparing his salary to other D with similar experience, TOI and ages, but that's just too much work. If he is being paid top pair money, than he shouldn't be. But as ridiculous as some D contracts have been since DK signed his, I just don't think that 5 MIL is that much of an overpayment for a 2nd pair D anymore.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ok. If that is true, than 43rd highest means he's being paid like a #2, which he clearly isn't talent-wise. Although there are probably some guys below DD that are top pair guys who are being paid less because they are on entry level deals, so that kinda skews things a little bit. I tried comparing his salary to other D with similar experience, TOI and ages, but that's just too much work. If he is being paid top pair money, than he shouldn't be. But as ridiculous as some D contracts have been since DK signed his, I just don't think that 5 MIL is that much of an overpayment for a 2nd pair D anymore.

I agree that it isn't that much of an overpayment, but it is still an overpayment. If DeKeyser were being paid around $4M instead of $5M, I don't think many people would have much of an issue with him or his contract. He's an average player being paid like a very good player.

I agree with you regarding the players on ELC's skewing those number a little. Once they get their first big contract, some of them will likely bump DeKeyser down. However, you would also have to take into account the players that are currently above him that will retire in the next few years as well. No matter how you slice it, DeKeyser is being paid like a number 2, and his current level of play isn't close to that. While he's actually having a better season than last from a production standpoint, I think he has been much worse overall. He just seems completely lost out there most nights. I'd like to see him get back to around 25-30 points, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening...

I don't care is DD had 30 points or 13, just as long as his +/- was +40! We need him to be that defensive type defenseman that we desperately need. But at 27 years old, I don't see him getting any better on either side of the puck. He is what he is and Holland over paid him. Honestly he should be making less that Daley.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:11 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yeah, what a dumb kid for wanting to win, gain playoff experience, live in LA, learning from one of the best in Doughty. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't care is DD had 30 points or 13, just as long as his +/- was +40! We need him to be that defensive type defenseman that we desperately need. But at 27 years old, I don't see him getting any better on either side of the puck. He is what he is and Holland over paid him. Honestly he should be making less that Daley.

I don't care if the player is "defensive" or "offensive" minded. In what world is +/- a more important stat than points? It's not. I'd rather a defenseman that puts up 30-40 points and is a minus player on a bad team, than a defenseman that puts up 10-15 points and is a plus player. Lidstrom was a minus player in 2010-11, when he won his 7th Norris Trophy. It's a meaningless stat.

2 hours ago, xault said:

Yeah, what a dumb kid for wanting to win, gain playoff experience, live in LA, learning from one of the best in Doughty. 

Yes. What a dumb kid for choosing a team where he is going to get very limited minutes on the third pair, learning from a guy who may not even be there after next season, on a team who may not even make the playoffs. It's not like he could have gone almost anywhere and gotten more ice time/experience and made more money that way. Oh, wait....Yes he could!