• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Holland and Blashill expected to return

Rate this topic

I don't know how to react to this. Is the teams problem more so Holland or Blashill? Blashill having the one more season on his contract, kind of makes sense, especially if Holland comes back. Maybe Holland gets this off season and next TDL out of the way, then moves up, and then Blashill does not get re-upped when new GM (BTW If Holland comes back for a  season, then BOTH he and Yzerman's contracts WILL be up at the same time) is hired.

The ownership doesn't care about this team.  They care more about their stupid baseball team.  I've seen this pattern before in sports for other teams I've liked.  When the ownership stops giving a crap, everything else slacks off too.  Just remove the Hockeytown sign from center ice because the clown show will go on for several more years with Holland and Blashill in charge.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

I can understand signing Holland, although I don't agree its the right move. However, there is absolutely no way Blashill should be anything but fired. We have 1 win in our last 15 games. Players continue to regress under Blashill. 

That being said, one good draft year is not going to do it. The team will again be awful next year which will in turn lead to a high pick. So for that sense, I am actually happy Blashill is coming back. 

The Holland move doesn't surprise me even a little, this is exactly what I thought would happen. Blashill does though, unless the idea is to tank.

I wonder if landing Dahlin would change the mind set on keeping Blashill.

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The ownership doesn't care about this team.  They care more about their stupid baseball team.  I've seen this pattern before in sports for other teams I've liked.  When the ownership stops giving a crap, everything else slacks off too.  Just remove the Hockeytown sign from center ice because the clown show will go on for several more years with Holland and Blashill in charge.  

I don’t follow anything Tiger’s related, so forgive my ignorance. But what has the Illitch family done or said that leads you to this conclusion?

3 hours ago, WhiteLightning91 said:

I don’t follow anything Tiger’s related, so forgive my ignorance. But what has the Illitch family done or said that leads you to this conclusion?

I think the people that want Holland gone feel that him not being fired means ownership doesn't care. I'm pretty sure Illitch has never said anything to insinuate that he doesn't care.

6 hours ago, kliq said:

I think the people that want Holland gone feel that him not being fired means ownership doesn't care. I'm pretty sure Illitch has never said anything to insinuate that he doesn't care.

But I’m looking for some piece of evidence that he cares more about the Tigers, which was said in a way that implies the illitch’s are making rash and uninformed decisions regarding the Wings because they are more concerned with the Tigers.   

People that make idiotic declarations such as a family worth billions of dollars doesn’t care about one of their major money making assets, but I assume those people are being intellectually dishonest with themselves and are just venting frustration in an irrational way.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

46 minutes ago, WhiteLightning91 said:

But I’m looking for some piece of evidence that he cares more about the Tigers, which was said in a way that implies the illitch’s are making rash and uninformed decisions regarding the Wings because they are more concerned with the Tigers.   

People that make idiotic declarations such as a family worth billions of dollars doesn’t care about one of their major money making assets, but I assume those people are being intellectually dishonest with themselves and are just venting frustration in an irrational way.

There is no piece of evidence. GMR just needs to vent once in a while.

Edited by kickazz

:lol: The Illitchs don't care about the Tigers more than the Red Wings.  Have you seen that roster!?

So, Blash is not a great coach.  We can all see that.  ...but are they really gonna fire him so they can go out and get a coach for a year and then when the new GM comes in (Yzerman? Maybe? Possibly?  Anyone holdng out hope?) and decides that the coach we hired (...and probably gave a multiple year contract to...) isn't the guy who's going to take the team he's going to build to the next level, so he's gone.

What's the point? Don't we all agree that a couple years of high draft picks would be a good thing for this team?  Let Blash lead us there.  You think Darryl Sutters gonna lead another #steathcampaign.  I know the ChickenLittle's of LGRW think that we're the worst team evah.  ...but we just beat the Pens 5 -2 last night.  With a good coach, we'd be right back in the middling pick pack. Which is exactly where we should not be.

If we're gonna rebuild -- even on the fly -- lets not pretend it's going to be only one year of mostly painful hockey, and doesn't involve some pain when it comes to coaching and management.

Edited by e_prime

3 hours ago, WhiteLightning91 said:

That's my point, there is no evidence.