• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

I Love Larkin

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Larkin isn't elite. I think he has borderline elite potential, but he isn't there yet. Hopefully he can develop into a top 10 center in this league in the next couple years...

With decent wingers - Larkin is a legit 70 pts plus centerman.

I’d rather see him as Captain as well.

Edited by F.Michael

Since you were asking KRS, I won't answer directly, but I relish the idea of having Larkin as our 1C, Rass as 2C, and Veleno as the 3C for years to come. I think the F core is set for a return to greatness, but I feel like we're still missing something else...hmmmm...it'll come to me.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Julie-Leshkevich-and-Justin-Abdelkader.jpg

Normally I don't like to see brunettes bleach their hair, but that girl makes it work. She is gorgeous!

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Where you then see the Ras-man?

Winger or Centerman?

I see Rasmussen as more of a winger, but if he develops into a top six center, even better.

50 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Since you were asking KRS, I won't answer directly, but I relish the idea of having Larkin as our 1C, Rass as 2C, and Veleno as the 3C for years to come. I think the F core is set for a return to greatness, but I feel like we're still missing something else...hmmmm...it'll come to me.

Normally I don't like to see brunettes bleach their hair, but that girl makes it work. She is gorgeous!

I envision Larkin and Veleno as our top 2 centers and Rasmussen on the wing. That's my hope anyway.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

@kickazz dated her in highschool or something

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Larkin isn't elite. I think he has borderline elite potential, but he isn't there yet. Hopefully he can develop into a top 10 center in this league in the next couple years...

There are 31 team leaders.  He is one of them.  Thus, he is elite.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

There are 31 team leaders.  He is one of them.  Thus, he is elite.

I mean, if that's your standard for elite, then sure, I guess...

So by your definition of elite, being the "team leader", would you consider Brendan Gallagher, who led the Canadiens with 54 points to be elite? What about Mats Zuccarello, who lead the Rangers with 53 points? Can teams have multiple elite players? Are Kucherov AND Hedman elite? Or just Kuch because he led the team in points?

My standard for elite is top 5(ish) at each position. Larkin isn't a top 5 center in the league now and probably won't ever be. However, I do think he has the potential to become a top 10-15 center in the league some day, which is why I suggested he could become a borderline elite center in the next few years... Maybe.

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

@kickazz dated her in highschool or something

No.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'll page him again.

@kickazz what are Julie's boobs like?

I plead the 5th.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Holy f*ckk is it because of Babcock that we're using the word "elite" like it's a conjunction? 

I f*cking hate that word. 

The 91 of Elites. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I mean, if that's your standard for elite, then sure, I guess...

So by your definition of elite, being the "team leader", would you consider Brendan Gallagher, who led the Canadiens with 54 points to be elite? What about Mats Zuccarello, who lead the Rangers with 53 points? Can teams have multiple elite players? Are Kucherov AND Hedman elite? Or just Kuch because he led the team in points?

My standard for elite is top 5(ish) at each position. Larkin isn't a top 5 center in the league now and probably won't ever be. However, I do think he has the potential to become a top 10-15 center in the league some day, which is why I suggested he could become a borderline elite center in the next few years... Maybe.

I think you will feel differently about Larkin in a season or 2 when Zetterberg is gone and we have some more early draft picks on our lineup.  Zadina-Larkin-Athanasiou makes me happy.

Larkin’s speed gives him the advantage. Hockey IQ still not at elite level, at all. His playmaking and vision on ice is nowhere near prime Thornton, Datsyuk, Crosby, Zet, Sedins level. 

Scored a good amount of points. Doesn’t mean he’s a genius yet. Hudler scored 76 at one point. 

Larkin’s biggest issue for me is he gives away the puck way too much. Still a lot to learn. He’ll get more stable in a couple years.

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think you will feel differently about Larkin in a season or 2 when Zetterberg is gone and we have some more early draft picks on our lineup.  Zadina-Larkin-Athanasiou makes me happy.

This has nothing to do with the way I (we) "feel about Larkin", and everything to do with the way I (we) define "elite". Your definition is way too loose in my opinion. You didn't answer my question either... Do you consider Gallagher or Zuccarello to be "elite".

I just said yesterday that I can see Larkin as an 80+ point player in a couple years when he's "the guy" centering the top line with Mantha and Zadina. If he does that, to me, that's borderline elite. The truly elite players (McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Barzal?, etc) will likely be in the 90-110+ point range.

Also, Mantha >>> Athanasiou

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This has nothing to do with the way I (we) "feel about Larkin", and everything to do with the way I (we) define "elite". Your definition is way too loose in my opinion. You didn't answer my question either... Do you consider Gallagher or Zuccarello to be "elite".

I just said yesterday that I can see Larkin as an 80+ point player in a couple years when he's "the guy" centering the top line with Mantha and Zadina. If he does that, to me, that's borderline elite. The truly elite players (McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, Barzal?, etc) will likely be in the 90-110+ point range.

Also, Mantha >>> Athanasiou

Sorry.  No.  Those players are not elite.  Larkin is top 5 in the league in speed and top 50 in skill.  He is borderline elite overall because of that.  I would say in 2021, he will be seeing 20-22 minutes a game and will be in the 80-100 pts range.  Will be hard to not call him elite.

18 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Sorry.  No.  Those players are not elite.  Larkin is top 5 in the league in speed and top 50 in skill.  He is borderline elite overall because of that.  I would say in 2021, he will be seeing 20-22 minutes a game and will be in the 80-100 pts range.  Will be hard to not call him elite.

Again, it's not how we view Larkin as a player that we disagree on, it's what qualifies a player to be elite that we disagree on. I don't think a top 50 skill player qualifies him as elite, nor do I think having one elite attribute, like speed (or shot, hands, etc) bumps them into elite status. I don't think Larkin will ever come close to a 100 point season. Maybe he'll hit around 85 for a season or two, but I think that's where he'd max out. Which is completely fine. A point per game player, that plays a great two-way game, logs big minutes against the other teams tops lines, and plays in all situations. I'll take that any day.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think Larkin will ever come close to a 100 point season. Maybe he'll hit around 85 for a season or two, but I think that's where he'd max out.

I wouldn't necessarily bank on him ever hitting 100, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Of the 63 points he put up this past season, only eight of them were scored on the power play. Eight! Fix the broken power play and that alone probably adds 15+ points.

I'm not sure "luck" is an actual thing, but if it is, he had s*** luck on the goal-scoring front, ultimately finishing with a shooting percentage of 6.9.

And then there's the talent at the wing position, mainly Mantha and Zadina. If Larkin can become a great playmaker (and this past season suggests he very much can) and Zadina lives up to the hype...look out.

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I wouldn't necessarily bank on him ever hitting 100, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Of the 63 points he put up this past season, only eight of them were scored on the power play. Eight! Fix the broken power play and that alone probably adds 15+ points.

I'm not sure "luck" is an actual thing, but if it is, he had s*** luck on the goal-scoring front, ultimately finishing with a shooting percentage of 6.9.

And then there's the talent at the wing position, mainly Mantha and Zadina. If Larkin can become a great playmaker (and this past season suggests he very much can) and Zadina lives up to the hype...look out.

I agree that better line mates, improved power-play, increased shooting percentage and natural progression should boost his stats quite a bit, but I still say 100 is a bit of a reach for Larkin. It's certainly not impossible though.