• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

I Love Larkin

Rate this topic

I think Edmonton, Toronto, Buffalo have proven we don't need AN elite player to win. It'd be nice to have, but we just need a well balanced machine. If Z is done, our top 6 is still gonna be great, at least on paper. We may need a coach that can transform paper into ice though. 

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina

AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Followed up by

Nyquist-Helm-Vanek

Abby-Glenny-Bertuzzi

Maybe a trade or two and Veleno and Svech make the team as well.

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I think Edmonton, Toronto, Buffalo have proven we don't need AN elite player to win. It'd be nice to have, but we just need a well balanced machine. If Z is done, our top 6 is still gonna be great, at least on paper. We may need a coach that can transform paper into ice though. 

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina

AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Followed up by

Nyquist-Helm-Vanek

Abby-Glenny-Bertuzzi

Yay! Let's keep blaming Blashill for stuff.

Find me a coach that can transform a floater, a third line center, and a 19 year old rookie into a legit second line. I dare you. 

50 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina

AA-Nielsen-Rasmussen

Followed up by

Nyquist-Helm-Vanek

Abby-Glenny-Bertuzzi

What

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I wouldn't necessarily bank on him ever hitting 100, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Of the 63 points he put up this past season, only eight of them were scored on the power play. Eight! Fix the broken power play and that alone probably adds 15+ points.

I'm not sure "luck" is an actual thing, but if it is, he had s*** luck on the goal-scoring front, ultimately finishing with a shooting percentage of 6.9.

And then there's the talent at the wing position, mainly Mantha and Zadina. If Larkin can become a great playmaker (and this past season suggests he very much can) and Zadina lives up to the hype...look out.

I like this post.  Do me a favor and check how many pts Z had on the p.o vs even strength.

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Look at these two qt beans

Kindl getting married

13ln0hnx17911.png

Simon Pegg?

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, it's not how we view Larkin as a player that we disagree on, it's what qualifies a player to be elite that we disagree on. I don't think a top 50 skill player qualifies him as elite, nor do I think having one elite attribute, like speed (or shot, hands, etc) bumps them into elite status. I don't think Larkin will ever come close to a 100 point season. Maybe he'll hit around 85 for a season or two, but I think that's where he'd max out. Which is completely fine. A point per game player, that plays a great two-way game, logs big minutes against the other teams tops lines, and plays in all situations. I'll take that any day.

Agreed. That would put him in the top 5 of scorers (only 3 players did it last year). That would make him the elite of the elite. I wish he was that good, but... I do see him as a legit top line C PPG guy eventually. That would make me happy.

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They have elite players but haven't won anything. I guess?

That is what I meant. It takes time to develope the team around your star player, elite or not, but just having that one elite player doesn't mean you will all of a sudden contend for the Cup. Look how long it took Ovi to win one. Having an elite player would bring us closer for sure, but Buffalo was the worst team and Edmonton was also a lottery team, both with BIG TIME elite players. Toronto has one of the most elite kids and they got booted in the 1st round. 

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That is what I meant. It takes time to develope the team around your star player, elite or not, but just having that one elite player doesn't mean you will all of a sudden contend for the Cup. Look how long it took Ovi to win one. Having an elite player would bring us closer for sure, but Buffalo was the worst team and Edmonton was also a lottery team, both with BIG TIME elite players. Toronto has one of the most elite kids and they got booted in the 1st round. 

Yes.  Larkin's eliteness, like McDavids, Eichels, and Matthews, hasn't translated into cups yet.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It’s true. For now. Leafs are on the doorstep.

Pitts had TWO of the NHL best centers. Chicago, LA, 08 Detroit all had norris caliber D + top tier centers/wingers. 

Basically, in order to win, you need a bunch of great players playing important positions. Whether they are the “e” word or just really real gud doesn’t much matter.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yes.  Larkin's eliteness, like McDavids, Eichels, and Matthews, hasn't translated into cups yet.

GTFO

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

19 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yay! Let's keep blaming Blashill for stuff.

Find me a coach that can transform a floater, a third line center, and a 19 year old rookie into a legit second line. I dare you. 

bowman2.jpg

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He'd bench the hell out of AA. 

Also, loved his veterans, so Rasmussen would be sh*t out of luck. 

Yep. If Bowman put Fedorov on D, AA wouldn't play at all. And Feds was 10 times the player AA will ever be. AA would be gone if Bowman was still around.

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He'd bench the hell out of AA. 

Also, loved his veterans, so Rasmussen would be sh*t out of luck. 

Well - this is the 'young' Scotty Bowman...So maybe there's a chance?

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

I vividly recall the rumors of Stevie Y being moved for Yashin, but that’s all it was...Rumors.

Am I missing something here?

The deal was agreed upon between the two GM's until Marian Ilitch nixed it.

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The deal was agreed upon between the two GM's until Marian Ilitch nixed it.

No $hiit?

This is the 1st I’ve heard of this.

I deleted my post thinking you guys were just trolling.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

No $hiit?

This is the 1st I’ve heard of this.

I deleted my post thinking you guys were just trolling.

Yeah the Illitches stepped in and told them to f*** off and Yzerman isn't going anywhere.

Smartest owners of the 90s.

Edited by kickazz