• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

I Love Larkin

Rate this topic

1530633185000.jpg

Chris hit bright cave-painting-box with club.
Chris watch red tribe play game, but make Chris head hurt. Chris head slow.
Red tribe chief goes fast. Chris like fast.
Red tribe chief is a Larkin.
Chris go back to cave. Think long time.
Think "I love Larkin".

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhls-15-intriguing-unsigned-rfas-latest-buzz/

Turning heads as a rookie, Larkin bounced back from a soft sophomore season to again lead the Red Wings’ offence in a stellar contract year (63 points). He also improved his defensive game, killed penalties, and graduated from wing to centre. According to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, GM Ken Holland is working on a large extension for the most important player on Detroit’s roster. The Wings would prefer to go five years but may have to up their offer to six.

He's holding out...get rid of the Bum.:ninja:

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhls-15-intriguing-unsigned-rfas-latest-buzz/

Turning heads as a rookie, Larkin bounced back from a soft sophomore season to again lead the Red Wings’ offence in a stellar contract year (63 points). He also improved his defensive game, killed penalties, and graduated from wing to centre. According to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, GM Ken Holland is working on a large extension for the most important player on Detroit’s roster. The Wings would prefer to go five years but may have to up their offer to six.

He's holding out...get rid of the Bum.:ninja:

Why would Holland prefer 5 years over 6?  He's a UFA at end of either.  I'd go as long as I could.  Larkin is a stud.

Larkin Looks To Build On Last Season

"I want to be the guy," Larkin said. "I honestly don't believe in No. 1 centers in the NHL [in terms of labels]. Who's the No. 1 center in Toronto? Who's the No. 1 center in Pittsburgh? You've got to have two centers. [But] I want to be the guy that's out there whether we're down by a goal and we need to score with a minute left or we're up by a goal and taking that huge faceoff in your [defensive] zone. So just want to be looked at as that, like Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg have for so long in Detroit."

This kid will probably breech 70 pts this year.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think so. I don't think 80 is out of the question either. Maybe not this season, but I think he has point per game potential. Kid is a work horse, and has the inner drive to get there for sure.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

44 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think so. I don't think 80 is out of the question either. Maybe not this season, but I think he has point per game potential. Kid is a work horse, and has the inner drive to get there for sure.

Agreed with the 70-80 range throughout his career; maybe more depending on the players around him. His drive is his best asset. Which is why he’s widely considered to be the next captain in making, I think. Hopefully that drive influences the rest of the team throughout his career. 

He’s going to go full D Boss soon :yahoo:

Edited by amato

7 hours ago, amato said:

Agreed with the 70-80 range throughout his career; maybe more depending on the players around him. His drive is his best asset. Which is why he’s widely considered to be the next captain in making, I think. Hopefully that drive influences the rest of the team throughout his career. 

He’s going to go full D Boss soon :yahoo:

My favorite Wing since 1st game.  I liked Smith too.  But Larkin is awesome.

14 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You put Zadina and Mantha on his wings and he'll get 80+

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think 85 points is a real possibility. I think Selke consideration is the crazy part.

This season? Or in general for Larkin? I don't think Selke "considerations" is out of reach for Larkin at some point in his career. Same goes for 85 points though. I doubt he comes close to that this season, but at some point in his career (over the next few years), I can see it.