• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

martyrme19

Sedin Twins Calling it a Career After Season

Rate this topic

Ok, CBA Guru's, what would be the penalty and Cap hit and for how long for the Wings if Z retired after this season?

If the numbers are higher, would it be more of a savings to just buy him out instead of him retiring? Here is the buyout schedule, cap friendly doesn't have a way to calculate if a player like Z would retire, probably because there aren't very many of those cap circumvention contracts left out there...

Here is one if he played one more year then "retired" like is being rumored:

Edited by LeftWinger

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, CBA Guru's, what would be the penalty and Cap hit and for how long for the Wings if Z retired after this season?

If the numbers are higher, would it be more of a savings to just buy him out instead of him retiring? Here is the buyout schedule, cap friendly doesn't have a way to calculate if a player like Z would retire, probably because there aren't very many of those cap circumvention contracts left out there...

image.thumb.png.f21713ae2b22c69c0c4c31de51c6ac3e.png

image.thumb.png.fa10d6c2af1ce7566c55a653f7b98700.png

Zetterberg would go on LTIR. He clearly said he's ONLY retiring if he's not healthy enough to play. If he's not healthy. He goes on LTIR. 

Read...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/04/03/wings-henrik-zetterberg-eyeing-retirement/33517585/

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

That'll work!

Yea so you can calm it with trying to compare Z to Datsyuk when it comes to loyalty. One guy left to go play somewhere else, the other guy refuses to quit until he becomes “unhealthy”. 

Edited by kickazz

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yea so you can calm it with trying to compare Z to Datsyuk when it comes to loyalty. One guy left to go play somewhere else, the other guy refuses to quit until he becomes “unhealthy”. 

I only mentioned it once in the form of a question, don't really need to "calm down" about it. It's not like I was ranting or anything near that fact. 

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

image.thumb.png.f21713ae2b22c69c0c4c31de51c6ac3e.png

image.thumb.png.fa10d6c2af1ce7566c55a653f7b98700.png

Like Franzen I am pretty sure that if he retires early, the Wings are hit with a cap penalty of 6+million for each year left on his contract. Even with a buyout, the hit would be less, but the length of time would double. If he doesn't want to finish it out, he would have to go on LTIRetirement or it would really screw the team.

Am I the only one who feels what happened with Franzen is extremely bizarre? I mean, maybe I was just way out of the loop and didn't realize it....but I just remember thinking one day that Franzen had been out of the lineup for an inordinate amount of time with not much talk about why and he just never....ever came back. 
I just thought, ok - it sucks he's out for the season it seems, but he should be ready to go next season. And then you see him on LTIR the next year and i'm thinking....how the hell is that possible? And then casually I learn that it's common knowledge that his career is just done with very little acknowledgement....no swan song....no nothin.

Does anybody else feel like this or was I just not paying attention?

7 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

Am I the only one who feels what happened with Franzen is extremely bizarre? I mean, maybe I was just way out of the loop and didn't realize it....but I just remember thinking one day that Franzen had been out of the lineup for an inordinate amount of time with not much talk about why and he just never....ever came back. 
I just thought, ok - it sucks he's out for the season it seems, but he should be ready to go next season. And then you see him on LTIR the next year and i'm thinking....how the hell is that possible? And then casually I learn that it's common knowledge that his career is just done with very little acknowledgement....no swan song....no nothin.

Does anybody else feel like this or was I just not paying attention?

It was done due to Traumatic Brain Injury due to multiple Concussions. 

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, amato said:

Daniel from Henrik in OT, to win their last game in Vancouver. Perfect. 

Not even mentioning the storybook ending to their career with the OT goal, look at the Coyotes and Refs after the game! Utter UTTER respect and sportsmanship! THIS, my friends, is why Hockey is THE best sport in the world! There is NO sport that even compares! Good on you Arizona!

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not even mentioning the storybook ending to their career with the OT goal, look at the Coyotes and Refs after the game! Utter UTTER respect and sportsmanship! THIS, my friends, is why Hockey is THE best sport in the world! There is NO sport that even compares! Good on you Arizona!

Wow I'm glad you said something - i didn't even watch the video all the way through. Could be wrong, but I doubt officials in other sports show that kind of respect to players!

16 hours ago, kickazz said:

Ya, I know now what happened....I just felt that there was no mention of what was happening at the time, like we just kind of forgot about him until one day everyone was like, "Oh ya, Franzen's career is done, no biggie."

While looking around for other "Great" players who may have received such respect, I ran across a "highlight" reel of Mark Messier....sheesh, never realized what a ******* dirty goon that guy was! Plus all his "highlight" goals, he wouldn't score 10 on today's goaltenders with those weak ass shots. OVERRATED! WAY Overrated! "The Captain" my ass!

anyhow, couldn't find many videos of appreciation like the Sedins got, 1st class!

3 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

Ya, I know now what happened....I just felt that there was no mention of what was happening at the time, like we just kind of forgot about him until one day everyone was like, "Oh ya, Franzen's career is done, no biggie."

He said it in an interview that if he gets the symptoms again he's done. He got the symptoms again, went on LTIR. That was it. He kept his word basically.

The topic was so talked about it was basically assumed why he went on LTIR.

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

While looking around for other "Great" players who may have received such respect, I ran across a "highlight" reel of Mark Messier....sheesh, never realized what a ******* dirty goon that guy was! Plus all his "highlight" goals, he wouldn't score 10 on today's goaltenders with those weak ass shots. OVERRATED! WAY Overrated! "The Captain" my ass!

anyhow, couldn't find many videos of appreciation like the Sedins got, 1st class!

Maybe the goals were weak by today standards, but every player of that era had the same opportunity to score that way, and Messier did it better then most of them.

That's all you can ask a guy to do, be one of the best of an era. This is why I find it funny thought when some people try to claim that the 80's/90's were the "greatest era" in hockey. Such revisionist history based on nostalgia. Gretzky and Lemieux were ouliers, the rest were just good players like any other era.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I honestly don't recall teams or refs doing that for any other player...maybe Gretzky? I think its time to scour Youtube!

How many other players go out like that tho.

That's the downside to having twins. It's great when they're really good, but they're twins, so you lose your 2 best players at the same time too.

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How many other players go out like that tho.

That's the downside to having twins. It's great when they're really good, but they're twins, so you lose your 2 best players at the same time too.

Luckily we didn't lose our twins (two best players) at the same time...

On 4/5/2018 at 11:00 PM, kickazz said:

Exactly. It wasn't a scheme to trim cap.  Just like the Hawks weren't keeping Crawford out on purpose when they had a playoff team at the time he went down. Stuff happens.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, krsmith17 said:

Luckily we didn't lose our twins (two best players) at the same time...

Svech bros?

On 4/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, chaps80 said:

Exactly. It wasn't a scheme to trim cap.  Just like the Hawks weren't keeping Crawford out on purpose when they had a playoff team at the time he went down. Stuff happens.

Actually it is. That's why he hasn't officially retired yet. They aren't making up Franzen's career ending condition, but they are clearly taking advantage of the system.