• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

GDT: Loser point and oh ya, Howard is garbage

Rate this topic

Look, I'm glad we lost so I hate that I'm in a position to defend anyone here, but we got outshot 41-27 after going up 4-1.  This is hardly Howard's fault.  If not for the posts, and Howard's second period play, we probably lose this game 7-4 in regulation. 

Like most of our problems, this is largely on the league's worst defensive unit. 

Howard's s***ty puck control caused 4th goal and I think my dog could've stopped the OT goal...but for sure didn't need any points, but this guy is reallyg bad. He'll probably be back next season, but he shouldn't. Don't know if I can watch another season of him. He's NEVER earned the money he was paid. Tank is fine next year, but do it without having a goalie sucking up your money. Ugh....he's horrible.

It’s never Howard’s fault, even when he plays like s***, been like that for years. Somehow it’s aleays justified because he’s been “so great” in the past. All the way from Holland to Blash to their media puppet HSJ, down to some fans.

Some thing he’s this big valuable trade asset next season at the deadline. To who and for what reason? The playoffs make Jimmy s*** his pants. He’s no good to anyone past the regular season.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Howard's s***ty puck control caused 4th goal and I think my dog could've stopped the OT goal...but for sure didn't need any points, but this guy is reallyg bad. He'll probably be back next season, but he shouldn't. Don't know if I can watch another season of him. He's NEVER earned the money he was paid. Tank is fine next year, but do it without having a goalie sucking up your money. Ugh....he's horrible.

Yeah i’ll be happy when he’s finally gone as well. He probably could have been traded at the deadline, but Holland thinks he’s worth a 2nd rounder. Of course no ones paying that for an 8 year vet that’s accomplished nothing in his career except run of the mill regular season stats.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

This points streak is now officially pissing me off. And it pisses me off that it's pissing me off.

Yeah, it's the best time to start picking up points in each game for sure. My dad was talking to me about this the other day watching the game, getting pissed off, saying wtf are they doing? Told him they just like shooting themselves in the foot. They should honestly just be floating out there now, playing Coreau until the last game. Why does Howard even need to play? Blash worried about him getting rusty? Give him the final games off.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah, it's the best time to start picking up points in each game for sure. My dad was talking to me about this the other day watching the game, getting pissed off, saying wtf are they doing? Told him they just like shooting themselves in the foot. They should honestly just be floating out there now, playing Coreau until the last game. Why does Howard even need to play? Blash worried about him getting rusty? Give him the final games off.

I'm not even pissed at the Wings. They aren't really playing any different than they have all season long.

I'm pissed at the Penguins for gifting us two points. I'm pissed at the Sabres and Senators for being tire fires. I'm pissed at Bobrovsky and the Jackets for letting us score four goals on them instead of the usual one or two or zero. I'm pissed at the Habs for being the Habs. I'm pissed at the Blackhawks for being the Blackhawks. I'm pissed at the Oilers for being the Oilers. I'm pissed at the Islanders for being the Islanders.

It's the Wings versus the world and the world has chosen to throw the damn match.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

When did you join the flamer club? 

Welcome to the Troll Syndicate!

didn't say I'd rather have Mrazek. Holland traded the goalie that got the best return. IT's just Howard is showing that he is crappier than most thought.  To be fair, I have NEVER been on the Howard bandwagon. I would've loved to see both dealt at the TDL and let Coreau tank us into a guaranteed top 5. I am glad we lost, I am not flaming Howard for the loss, it's just that he is so horrible it's almost like he is doing things on purpose! He makes WAY too much money, NEVER earned that contract and has NEVER lived up to it. He will be of no value come TDL, best to dump him after his NTC expires for a couple of conditional draft picks. Sure I want them to have another lottery pick next year, but not at the expense of $5.2M, we can sign a UFA goalie for $2M or less and re-sign Coreau for pennies and not be wasting my money on Howard. In the end, its the fans that pay the players salary and if I am gonna tank, I do not want to pay Howad $5.2M to do so. Right now I'd rather have Halak and Coreau be our goalies for next year until this organization finds a top tier goalie to sign or draft. Howard is just so horrible it makes tanking hurt.

It'll be nice when there is no NTC blocking his trade this summer.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

alice_in_wonderland_73.jpg

That being said, he's our little methhead. <3

methhead or not, i wish we have a couple of guys with same grit, it'd ecstatic if our new Robert Lang had just a little of that quality too.

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

didn't say I'd rather have Mrazek. Holland traded the goalie that got the best return. IT's just Howard is showing that he is crappier than most thought.  To be fair, I have NEVER been on the Howard bandwagon. I would've loved to see both dealt at the TDL and let Coreau tank us into a guaranteed top 5. I am glad we lost, I am not flaming Howard for the loss, it's just that he is so horrible it's almost like he is doing things on purpose! He makes WAY too much money, NEVER earned that contract and has NEVER lived up to it. He will be of no value come TDL, best to dump him after his NTC expires for a couple of conditional draft picks. Sure I want them to have another lottery pick next year, but not at the expense of $5.2M, we can sign a UFA goalie for $2M or less and re-sign Coreau for pennies and not be wasting my money on Howard. In the end, its the fans that pay the players salary and if I am gonna tank, I do not want to pay Howad $5.2M to do so. Right now I'd rather have Halak and Coreau be our goalies for next year until this organization finds a top tier goalie to sign or draft. Howard is just so horrible it makes tanking hurt.

It'll be nice when there is no NTC blocking his trade this summer.

Says who? You? The guy who's personally paying for a goalie that loses on purpose :lol:

Time for a multiple choice/essay question...

teacher-resume.jpg

Leftwinger wants his favorite pro hockey team, the Detroit Red Wings, to lose. Leftwinger decides that the best course of action to achieve this goal is to play horrible players. Leftwinger believes that Jimmy Howard is horrible.

Should Leftwinger...

A. Play Jimmy Howard

B. Not play Jimmy Howard

C. Burn all the Jimmy Howard jerseys

D. Cap-lock the word NEVER in all future posts

E. All of the above

Explain your answer, and remember to show all work.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So Howard gives up 5 goals on 41 shots and that makes him bad. Bobrovsky gave up 4 goals on 27 shots, so he must be REALLY bad, right? Is that how this works?

I know 4 days is a long time to remember something, but Howard just posted a 31 save shutout on Ottawa.

Horrible game by Bobrovsky for sure. And he had to have it against the Wings.

Jimmy getting his first shutout since late October of 2016 at this point in the season too. Great timing. haha

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I just don't believe he is Horrible, he is actually horrible. never (see what I did there) been good, ever. Worst rebound control in the whole hockey world.

He's a solid regular season goalie with tendency for breakdowns. Playoffs though, write off. 21-26 in 47 career games with 3 shutouts. Started 5 playoff games since 2014, record of 1-4. Didn't even start one playoff game in 2015, and s*** the bed hard in 2016, again benched after only two games for you know who, who is tied in playoff shutouts with Howard after only 10 career playoff games under his belt.

"All Star" Jimmy Howard. Only sometimes, and he expires in early April. Give Kenny a 2nd rounder for him!

Careful what you wish for. Who are you putting in net if you give Howard away?  There are better goalies for sure but there are worse ones also.  As of now that leaves us with Coreau and McCallum.  We can scour the free agent market like Philly, Calgary, and the Leafs have been doing for years.  I'm sure there are other teams as well.  Ask them how well that is going for them.

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

yes, because its against NHL competition. 31 shots, 0 goals. Its not just impressive when Mrazek does it.

Was kind of impressive because it took him nearly two years to get one.