• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ami

It's inevitable (unfortunately)

Rate this topic

It's inevitable.

Somebody will win Stanley this year, and it won't be the Red Wings. We will learn a new champion soon enough.
I wish I could install uOrigin or update my /etc/hosts and block that knowledge forever. Unfortunately, there's no such blocker, yet.

For the second time in about 27 years, the question (for me) is: who would cause less nausea and vomiting, winning the Stanley this coming June?

In order from 'Definite NO, GOD, NO' to 'Ok, it's better then others':
* Cindy and his landlord. Disaster, I doubt believe I can survive it.
* Tampons. No Cup for the Captain outside of Detroit.
* Capitals. No Cup for Ovechkin ever. Go phuck yourself you piece of sh-i-t!
* Boston. Obvious.
* Guppies. No Cup for other pieces of the same sh-i-t, both Joes.
* Toronto. I already worry about Babs shorten vacation. Let him go to his nice lake house rather sooner. Boo to you Shanny, too!
* Minnesota. You've chosen wrongly, sisters.
* Quacks. Same as Boston.
* Dives. Same as quacks.

The rest - I don't care.

The less damage would be if Jackets win it, just for Tart - love this guy, but after game last night, it's obvious they don't have a chance.

36 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I say let Vegas win the SC and break the internet

I was all aboard this train right up until the Tatar trade. Need them to get swept the hell out of the first round so their 1st pick becomes a mid-rounder. Sorry, Knights, nothing personal, strictly business.

Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington, maybe New Jersey. Those are the teams I wouldn't hate to see win the Cup this season. I guess.

Edited by Dabura

No: Any team who has won the cup since 95. Can't have anyone else compare to the Wings Dynasty. That eliminates NJD, COL, DAL, CAR, TBL, PIT, LAK, ANA, CHI, BOS. Also, "no" to the Maple Leafs. Someone has to remain the laughing stock of the NHL. "No" to MTL because they're too pretentious. There is no universe where a first year expansion team deserves to come near a Stanley Cup. Sorry, VGK.

YES: San Jose, Washington, St Louis, Nashville, Vancouver. None of these teams have won a Stanley Cup, and they've all had decent teams in recent years that probably deserved one.

MEH: Arizona, Minnesota, Florida, Buffalo, NYI, Ottawa, NYR, Edmonton, Calgary, Columbus, Winnipeg, Florida, Philly.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

I don't really know.. 

The only thing I really want to see is NSH vs WPG. Gonna be a bloodbath if that happens. Cup wise, maybe WPG or NSH vs WSH or TBL. I'd like to see NSH or WSH win it this year if a had too pick. NJD is my long shot. I honestly don't want to see TOR, VGK, PIT, COL, BOS win it.

Edited by xault

Long as it's not the Pens I don't really care. Would be alright seeing SJ win it. I'm over my burning hatred for them now that it's been years that the Wings have been out of the West.

Chicago not making the playoffs is probably the highlight of the year already though. That and their goaltending being a total mess. Crow's injury isn't something i'd wish on anyone, especially if it is indeed career ending, but the horseshoe finally dropped completely on them with that and Quenneville possibly being out the door. Could have sworn i'd seen a Toews trade rumor out there somewhere, but I can't see him being traded, although it would free up a ton of cap depending what comes back.

I just hope they don't somehow score a top 5 pick, or god forbid, Dahlin.

Forgot to add that I couldn't stand the Leafs winning the Cup either. Never hear the end of it, although i think them winning one soon enough is inevitable. Just not yet. please. This city is like 40 percent Leaf fans, 40 percent Hab fans, and the rest a mix. 

Edited by chaps80

Nashville. I like them for some reason, years of tough work, no bitching around their stars (which they don´t have). Funny every time they have a game with Red Wings, I´m asking myself if this team is rly contending. Then I recall last year p-o performance and yes, this team has the_balls, no matter some people keep underrating this squad. 

I don´t trust Pens this year, their Crosby-Malkin-Kessel combo is deadly and can do some magic, but I can´t see them on the same pace as last year. 

14 hours ago, ami said:

It's inevitable.

Somebody will win Stanley this year, and it won't be the Red Wings. We will learn a new champion soon enough.
I wish I could install uOrigin or update my /etc/hosts and block that knowledge forever. Unfortunately, there's no such blocker, yet.

For the second time in about 27 years, the question (for me) is: who would cause less nausea and vomiting, winning the Stanley this coming June?

In order from 'Definite NO, GOD, NO' to 'Ok, it's better then others':
* Cindy and his landlord. Disaster, I doubt believe I can survive it.
* Tampons. No Cup for the Captain outside of Detroit.
* Capitals. No Cup for Ovechkin ever. Go phuck yourself you piece of sh-i-t!
* Boston. Obvious.
* Guppies. No Cup for other pieces of the same sh-i-t, both Joes.
* Toronto. I already worry about Babs shorten vacation. Let him go to his nice lake house rather sooner. Boo to you Shanny, too!
* Minnesota. You've chosen wrongly, sisters.
* Quacks. Same as Boston.
* Dives. Same as quacks.

The rest - I don't care.

The less damage would be if Jackets win it, just for Tart - love this guy, but after game last night, it's obvious they don't have a chance.

How can you hate so many teams and so many players? I don't get it...

For me, the team I hate the most (the Hawks) are out, which is great, as long as they don't win the draft lottery. The only other teams I do not want to see win it this year, are the Pens and Leafs. F*** No! to the Pens because the thought of a team (besides the Wings) making a three-peat makes me sick, and F*** No! to the Leafs because I would never hear the end of it...

I want Vegas bounced first round, because like others mentioned, we need that pick to be as high as possible. I'd like to see Philly go deep, in hopes that they can somehow make the ECF and Mrazek win 6 games, to turn that 3rd (assuming they make the playoffs) into a 2nd. Highly unlikely, but I'll be rooting for them for sure.

The only team I really like in the East is Tampa, in the West, I love Winnipeg and like Nashville as well. I'm hoping for a Lightning vs Jets final. Would be an epic series in my opinion.

12 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Guess I'm looking for some change in the Motor City...Hopefully we get lucky on draft day, and July 1st.

We really need to get lucky on draft lottery day, which is April 28th.

I'll be in Alberta visiting my sister and brother-in-law at the end of the month. He's a huge Habs fan, so I'm hoping Detroit move up to 1 and Montreal drop back 2 or 3 spots...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

How can you hate so many teams and so many players? I don't get it...

Obviously, you don't. Cause I didn't mean hate at all. I was talking about 'who would cause less nausea and vomiting, winning the Stanley this coming June?' precisely. Nausea and hate are quite different, would you agree?

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We really need to get lucky on draft lottery day, which is April 28th.

We won't. First, I think even if we'd drop to the very bottom. we'd have no chance getting first draft ever while Buttman is in the office. Second, our luck had vanished completely when we heard two old-timers are coming back next season. No dahlin-shmalin or both of them can save us. And these two old-timers are derivatives, immaterial; the organization needs to change; ownership doesn't care about Red Wings anymore, they don't give a f-u-ck.

Tampa vs Nashville in the finals would be my guess. Toss up of a matchup IMO. I'll give the slight edge to Tampa because they always seem to have a couple guys who can't stop scoring in the playoffs.

Anyone but Pitt, Boston, or Toronto and I'm fine with it.

It'd be cool to see Winnipeg, Washington, or Nashville win it all for me. I'm also a fan of LA but I'd like to see someone new win it I think. And was on the Vegas train until the Tatar trade like mentioned above.

@ami,

"Cindy"... Why do you feminize Crosby? Because he's the best in the world and for that reason, you don't like him? Pretty childish...

"Tampons"... Again feminizing. How old are you?

"Ovechkin is a piece of s***"... Why? That seems like a lot of hate to me...

"Thornton and Pavelski are pieces of s***"... Again, why so much hatred?

"Parise and Sutter are sisters"... Again with the feminizing...

"Guppies, Quacks, Dives"... I get the first two (Sharks and Ducks), but who the hell are the "Dives"? What's with all the lame names?

"Buttman"... Very clever...

I assume you're one of the people that constantly says "Errorson" and used to refer to Franzen as "Francine", etc, etc...

I don't know man. I just don't get it. But whatever. To each their own I guess...

You come off as a very angry person. What makes you so sure we won't get Dahlin? Being negative just for the sake of being negative...

You're right. Ownership doesn't give a f*** about this team... :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

@ami,

"Cindy"... Why do you feminize Crosby? Because he's the best in the world and for that reason, you don't like him? Pretty childish...

"Tampons"... Again feminizing. How old are you?

"Ovechkin is a piece of s***"... Why? That seems like a lot of hate to me...

"Thornton and Pavelski are pieces of s***"... Again, why so much hatred?

"Parise and Sutter are sisters"... Again with the feminizing...

"Guppies, Quacks, Dives"... I get the first two (Sharks and Ducks), but who the hell are the "Dives"? What's with all the lame names?

"Buttman"... Very clever...

I assume you're one of the people that constantly says "Errorson" and used to refer to Franzen as "Francine", etc, etc...

I don't know man. I just don't get it. But whatever. To each their own I guess...

You come off as a very angry person. What makes you so sure we won't get Dahlin? Being negative just for the sake of being negative...

You're right. Ownership doesn't give a f*** about this team... :rolleyes:

LMAO You assume way too much. take it easy.

Philly losing in the Finals, Mrazek getting 6 wins.

Vegas, Boston/Tampa, and Nashville/Winnipeg (the division winners) losing in the first or second round. 

As long as WPG doesn't win their division, they can win the Cup. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

... but that's probably not very accurate, is it?...

Yeah it's a bit off, I'd say... you also missed that I love Tortorella. Where does this statement put me on your chart? :))