• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, amato said:

Anyone else see Kadri doing his best Marchand impressions last night?? Holy s***, he better get multiple games. But part of me wants him to only get two so he's guaranteed to face Boston at least one more game. This series is already crazy.

https://streamable.com/a1wtu

https://streamable.com/7oh9q

I look forward to Chara devouring him.

AOT-Wallpapers-shingeki-no-kyojin-attack

That was a super d*ck move/hit it had intent to injure written all over it. 

But will Kadri drop the gloves? Beat down in Boston or Toronto? Based on last night it might only go 4 

What about Prince Phillip's(reference from the Foxsports South feed of Preds cast)  3rd period.  The dude basically put that team on his back and along with Rinne made it happen.  It got a bit feisty at the end also so game 2 should be fun. 

Sometimes watching games with no dog in the hunt is fun but not a situation I want to keep doing year after year.

Hear me Kenny fix my team!!

Oh yeah, if Toronto plays like they did last night, it’s over in four for sure. Babcock is good at adjusting though.. especially when he has last change at home. If Toronto wants to win the series though, they need to stop trying to out-goon Boston imo. 

On 4/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, shocky2002 said:

Lol what a clueless post. The Caps dominated the series last year but lost because of MAF. You think last year's Caps team became 'average' because OMG its the playoffs, sorry, but that's just idiocy. 

They "dominated" the series?  Let me guess, the Caps had the Pens right where they wanted them when they were down 3 games to 1.  Seriously?  The Caps rallied back in that series but ultimately did what they do best in the postseason and choke.  This team hasn't made it beyond the 2nd round since we beat them in the Finals despite winning numerous Presidents Trophies.  Yes, because its the playoffs they do become average and I have history to back that up.

4 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

They "dominated" the series?  Let me guess, the Caps had the Pens right where they wanted them when they were down 3 games to 1.  Seriously?  The Caps rallied back in that series but ultimately did what they do best in the postseason and choke.  This team hasn't made it beyond the 2nd round since we beat them in the Finals despite winning numerous Presidents Trophies.  Yes, because its the playoffs they do become average and I have history to back that up.

To put this in context, in shocky's  world the game of hockey has no goalies, and D doesnt matter, its simply who can hold the puck longer. If he is using the word "dominating" he's just looking at corsi because he's obsessed with it. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/cotsonika-vegas-golden-knights-are-talk-of-town/c-297994892?tid=297171006

Heck it. I want the Knights to win the Cup, draft pick be damned. I've always believed NHL hockey could work in Vegas and it makes me genuinely happy to see everything come together so perfectly for them. This team winning it all in their inaugural season would be one of the great stories in NHL history.

Totally forgot about PHI vs PIT game this afternoon.  Just tuned in half way through....so, not sure what's transpired so far, but fans are super upset with a penalty call which I can't figure out....wondering if there is more to it from earlier in the game or just PHI fans being PHI fans.  The PHI player basically hooked a PIT player....not a normal hook though, he hooked his mouth.....drew blood.  PHI actually benefited here as they didn't call a high stick 4 min penalty, they just called it a hook.

2 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Totally forgot about PHI vs PIT game this afternoon.  Just tuned in half way through....so, not sure what's transpired so far, but fans are super upset with a penalty call which I can't figure out....wondering if there is more to it from earlier in the game or just PHI fans being PHI fans.  The PHI player basically hooked a PIT player....not a normal hook though, he hooked his mouth.....drew blood.  PHI actually benefited here as they didn't call a high stick 4 min penalty, they just called it a hook.

Didn't watch the game, but I skimmed the recap on NHL.com. Seems the Pens scored two power play goals five seconds apart and then they scored again right after that. So maybe the Flyers were just fed up with the refs in general?

P.S. Elliott is not the guy, Flyers. You know what must be done.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Didn't watch the game, but I skimmed the recap on NHL.com. Seems the Pens scored two power play goals five seconds apart and then they scored again right after that. So maybe the Flyers were just fed up with the refs in general?

Actually, that's when I tuned in...they were playing 4 on 4....took a penalty, PIT scored and then scored 5 seconds later after they went back to 4 on 4.  PIT scored another PP goal apparently.....4 min earlier based on box score.

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Image result for ET elliott meme