• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Actually, that's when I tuned in...they were playing 4 on 4....took a penalty, PIT scored and then scored 5 seconds later after they went back to 4 on 4.  PIT scored another PP goal apparently.....4 min earlier based on box score.

Yeesh.

I'd give the Flyers fans the benefit of the doubt and assume their team got a raw deal somewhere in there, but they're Flyers fans, so I'm not going to.

SJS up 2-0 on ANA.

PIT up 2-1 on PHI.

WPG up 2-0 on MIN.

CBJ up 1-0 on WDC.

VGK up 2-0 on LAK.

BOS up 2-0 on TOR.

TBL up 2-0 on NJD.

NAS up 2-0 on COL.

So far I am 6 for 8. I still think that the Caps beat the Blue Jackets, but it would seem my Kings upset special is not going to happen.

Knights totally outplayed LAK throughout the series. So much for 'playoff experience'. AKA a dumb narrative that lazy people use 

On 4/12/2018 at 3:07 PM, RightWeiner said:

Pot calling the kettle black...

Last time I checked, the goaltender was still part of the team. Takes a whole group. 

They fail when the pressure is on. Doesn't matter how.  They have not got it done. Period.

Goalies outperforming their ability = fluke. We know this as Red Wings fans. Detroit lost series to Calgary, Edmonton, Pittsburgh in 09 in large part to bad luck. MAF is the most overrated goalie of all time when you look at his career numbers as a whole. 

Edited by shocky2002

On 4/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4987723

Is a 4-0 sweep bait? Go tell me more about how playoff hockey is a different game and experience matters, and other s***ty narratives used to justify your lazy takes.

Edited by shocky2002

5 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

Is a 4-0 sweep bait? Go tell me more about how playoff hockey is a different game and experience matters.

Were you counting the minutes until you could come and say that? Just curious. In my head you hit your enter key so hard it broke your keyboard.

Anyway, good game by Fleury. I know some people think he's overrated, but I like him and think Vegas is lucky to have him.

5 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Were you counting the minutes until you could come and say that? Just curious. In my head you hit your enter key so hard it broke your keyboard.

Anyway, good game by Fleury. I know some people think he's overrated, but I like him and think Vegas is lucky to have him.

Fleury has been "okay"... 3 goals allowed on 130 shots, 0.977 save percentage, 0.65 goals against average, 2 shutouts in a 4 game sweep...

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Just 'okay' ?

:huh:

Well yeah. Maybe if he didn't allow that duster in the 2nd game by Paul LaDue (who?), he would have much better numbers, including 3 shutouts. Now that, I would consider "good" goaltending...

How far do you think Fleury is going to carry the Golden Knights with a 0.977 SV% / 0.65 GAA? Definitely needs to step up his game a little in the 2nd round... 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Well yeah. Maybe if he didn't allow that duster in the 2nd game by Paul LaDue (who?), he would have much better numbers, including 3 shutouts. Now that, I would consider "good" goaltending...

How far do you think Fleury is going to carry the Golden Knights with a 0.977 SV% / 0.65 GAA? Definitely needs to step up his game a little in the 2nd round... 

21 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Is a 4-0 sweep bait? Go tell me more about how playoff hockey is a different game and experience matters, and other s***ty narratives used to justify your lazy takes.

You're absolutely right. I am totally lazy for not picking a first year expansion team, coached by a guy with a 49% career win percentage, and a GM who is already on his 4th NHL franchise to beat a team in the playoffs who has won two Cups since 2012 (one of which was as an 8th seed).

How indolent of me to not foresee Vegas not only making the playoffs in their inaugural season, but win their division, and complete a 4 game sweep in their first ever playoff series. Yep, cuz this sort of thing happens all the time.

How slothful I am for picking a Kings team with 11 players on its roster who have won Stanley Cup Championships in LA over a team made up of throw away players from other teams with minimal playoff experience aside from Fleury, Neal, and Perron.

Yep, that was just pure laziness on my part to actually put thought into my picking of the Kings. Cuz we all know that first year playoff teams always win Stanley Cups, and playoff experience is totally irrelevent.

Why would I half-ass my playoff pick like that and choose the statistical upset, cuz we all know that going chalk is soooooo much harder.

I am so lazy. I should be ashamed of myself.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie