• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

I know the Leafs don't have the best defense, but I'm shocked at how poorly a Babcock coached team has been playing in their own zone. I'd expect it in his first year as a coach, to get his players attention, but not in year three. The Leafs are paying Babcock $7 million a season, he should be teaching his defensemen better positional hockey than this.

2 hours ago, Barrie said:

I know the Leafs don't have the best defense, but I'm shocked at how poorly a Babcock coached team has been playing in their own zone. I'd expect it in his first year as a coach, to get his players attention, but not in year three. The Leafs are paying Babcock $7 million a season, he should be teaching his defensemen better positional hockey than this.

Leafs gonna Leaf.

1 hour ago, Jersey Wing said:

I love watching the Wild get ground up by Winnipeg. Screw Parise and Suter who can't help. Those two boys should have been honest, they simply went to Minny to be close to family and friends, not to ACTUALLY compete for a cup.

Suter's been worth the money, but Parise's been a bust!

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I know it's cliche, but from what I've seen of this series - the Bruins are doing a good job with the physicality, and not allowing the Leafs any time to set up pretty plays that they were used to making during the reg season.

Yeah, the Leafs must be intimidated, scared, or something. In their own zone, they look like they have no idea what to do. Like Don Cherry said after Game 4, this is the NHL they're playing in, they should know things like, on a 2 on 1, take away the pass, but instead they go after the guy with the puck, leaving the goalie to fend for himself. It's basic stuff. I would expect a Babcock coached team to know it. Unless Babcock is letting it happen, to get his player's attention. Either way, they need some toughness back there.

9 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I know it's cliche, but from what I've seen of this series - the Bruins are doing a good job with the physicality, and not allowing the Leafs any time to set up pretty plays that they were used to making during the reg season.

My only beef with Winnipeg is that they don't wear these awesome jerseys...

sports-k_2272_12100259

I'll probably get thrashed for saying this, but I never liked those jerseys or that logo. I also never liked the Nordiques jerseys either, although a lot of people seem to. I like the new Jets jerseys/logo better, but I was disappointed they didn't go with this name/logo/jersey when they relocated from Atlanta:

Image result for Manitoba moose jersey

or the new one:

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'll probably get thrashed for saying this, but I never liked those jerseys or that logo. I also never liked the Nordiques jerseys either, although a lot of people seem to. I like the new Jets jerseys/logo better, but I was disappointed they didn't go with this name/logo/jersey when they relocated from Atlanta:

or the new one:

I actually think the current Jets jersey is one of the best new jerseys in a long time.

9 hours ago, F.Michael said:

My only beef with Winnipeg is that they don't wear these awesome jerseys...

sports-k_2272_12100259

I do like the new Jets jerseys a lot, but this one is a classic for sure.

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

or the new one:

Yes you will! :censored: The old Jets jerseys were amazing. Top 3 all time for me (in no particular order); Red Wings, Jets (late 80's - early 90's), Oilers (80's - early 90's)...

Another one I've always really liked, not so much for the logo, but the color scheme, is the old Colorado Rockies (late 70's) jerseys. I've also always really liked the old Hartford Whalers (blue early 90's) jerseys.

I agree with you on the old Nordiques jerseys. I'm not a huge fan and I think they're way overrated.

That top Manitoba Moose jersey is awful. I do really like that bottom one though.

15 minutes ago, RightWeiner said:

That first Moose jersey makes me think of the "Anaheim Mighty Moose". Down right hideous. 

Always loved the Mighty Ducks jersey/logo. Yeah the first Moose jersey is a 90s color scheme for sure. I always liked the logo on it, you could always update the Jersey. I like the angry Moose on the newer logo, but its only the head, so its too much like Halifax's for me. Plus there's no lettering in the logo at all.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I do like the new Jets jerseys a lot, but this one is a classic for sure.

Yes you will! :censored: The old Jets jerseys were amazing. Top 3 all time for me (in no particular order); Red Wings, Jets (late 80's - early 90's), Oilers (80's - early 90's)...

Another one I've always really liked, not so much for the logo, but the color scheme, is the old Colorado Rockies (late 70's) jerseys. I've also always really liked the old Hartford Whalers (blue early 90's) jerseys.

I agree with you on the old Nordiques jerseys. I'm not a huge fan and I think they're way overrated.

That top Manitoba Moose jersey is awful. I do really like that bottom one though.

I agree with whole heartedly on the Whalers. I liked the fleur de Lis bordering on the Nordiques jerseys and the color scheme, I just always hated the igloo-stick logo. It looked like an 8 year old came up with it on an etch-a-sketch.

So far, 4 series are in the bag.

VGK beat LAK 4-0. (Got this one wrong)

SJS beat ANA 4-0.  (Had SJS in 7)

WIN beat MIN 4-1.  (Got this one exactly right)

TBL beat NJD 4-1.  (Off by 1 game)

That puts me at 3-1 so far for the playoffs.

NASH leads COL 3-2. (Off by 1 game if NASH closes it out)

BOS leads TOR 3-1.   (Still think it goes 6)

WDC leads CBJ 3-2.   (Still think it goes 7)

PIT leads PHI 3-2.      (Off by 1 game if PIT wins)

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 4/19/2018 at 9:28 AM, Learn2LuvIt said:

I'd love to see Vegas win the cup and put Canada in total TILT. 

I'd rather see the Toronto Raptors win the NBA Championship. 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, Barrie said:

I'm not shocked at all. I would say that the Bruins playoff experience gives them an advantage, but according to some, saying that would be lazy.

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Caught the last period of that game...Man did Philly look bad.

Their goaltending is terrible and always has been since Hextall retired.  They had Bobrovsky but let him go (though he's not a playoff performer either).  Also, that SOB Gudas needs to be let go.  He's either a mole for the Penguins or is just a terrible defenseman.

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Mrazek would've been a better choice in net...I could be wrong, but was this the 1st game for Neuvirth in over a month?

If so - dumb move on Hakstol...Gudas injuring Couturier (torn MCL) in practice enhances his thuggery :lol:

Neuvirth came in in relief in game 4, won game 5, and didn't look horrible until halfway through the 2nd, when the crap hit the fan for Philly. I don't think he was fully healthy, but look at the options that The Flyers had. Would have been better off having Hextall suit up. Probably would have increased their scoring too.

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Mrazek would've been a better choice in net...I could be wrong, but was this the 1st game for Neuvirth in over a month?

If so - dumb move on Hakstol...Gudas injuring Couturier (torn MCL) in practice enhances his thuggery :lol:

What goalie was the better choice is tough as they all looked pretty bad.  Just going by stats, all had relatively similar SV% numbers, which is the main stat I used....still a flawed stat, but the least flawed stat when looking at goalies

Elliott - 4.74 GAA, .856 SV%

Neuvirth - 4.40 GAA, .847 SV%

Mrazek - 3.87 GAA, .857 SV%

57 minutes ago, amato said:

Couturier : 4 goals, 2 assists in 2 playoff games on a partially torn MCL :o that’s pretty insane 

Yeah, 5 goals, 9 points in 5 games.  No one else on the team had more than 3 points.

Someone HAS got to take out the Penguins.

On a plus side, Avs out, ANA out and :lol: the Olsen Twins are out again! Tee Hee! Imagine if Suter would've used his better judgement instead of listening to his wife? Where would our D be with him leading it all these years?

I sure wish I could find that daggone McKenzie interview where he said Suter was coming to Detroit, but his wife didn't want to live in the area. I swear on my pathetic life that is a true statement, I just wish I could find it again!!!

:lol: I found this though, I guess not everything Bob says isn't gospel!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/05/report_maple_leafs_out_of_runn.html

In a radio interview this morning, MacKenzie said that the Maple Leafs are "definitely" out of the running to hire Babcock, whose contract with the Detroit Red Wings expires June 30.

Edited by LeftWinger