• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Someone HAS got to take out the Penguins.

Well they faced their beatdown toys in the first round.  In the second round, they'll play someone they beat last year and apparently have been beating down during the regular season this year.

Holtby -  3.60 GAA, .897 SV
Bobrovsky - 3.82 GAA, .889 SV

Pens will be in the final four, I just hope to God Boston or TB is one of the other teams to make it and be healthy.  

15 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

What goalie was the better choice is tough as they all looked pretty bad.  Just going by stats, all had relatively similar SV% numbers, which is the main stat I used....still a flawed stat, but the least flawed stat when looking at goalies

Elliott - 4.74 GAA, .856 SV%

Neuvirth - 4.40 GAA, .847 SV%

Mrazek - 3.87 GAA, .857 SV%

Yeah, 5 goals, 9 points in 5 games.  No one else on the team had more than 3 points.

Washington's goaltending isn't much better.  And Bobrovsky may be the worst playoff goalie since Roman Cechmanek.  

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So all the higher seeds advance basically. Boring.

Ya, pretty easy year for predictions. So far I'm 6-1 this year with LA being my only incorrect pick.

With Chicago and LA being out, if Washington can take Pittsburgh out, and TO can take Boston out, I'll be super in to it! I'm sick of the same teams winning every year and since our cup, the league has been dominated by the big 4.

Edited by kliq

24 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya, pretty easy year for predictions. So far I'm 6-1 this year with LA being my only incorrect pick.

With Chicago and LA being out, if Washington can take Pittsburgh out, and TO can take Boston out, I'll be super in to it! I'm sick of the same teams winning every year and since our cup, the league has been dominated by the big 4.

The good news is: If the Bruins knock off the Leafs, there's only one team left that I absolutely do not want to see win (Pitt). As long as its one of the other 7, I'm cool with that.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The good news is: If the Bruins knock off the Leafs, there's only one team left that I absolutely do not want to see win (Pitt). As long as its one of the other 7, I'm cool with that.

I'm hoping TO beats Boston. I can see Boston winning the cup, I just can't see the Leafs with that D.

Pittsburgh is the better team, but they don't have home ice, and Malkin/Hagelin are out in game 1. The vegas series odds has shifted from Pittsburgh being a 54% favorite to about 51%. If Malkin isn't 100%, it's a virtual coin flip imo. Any takes such as "Washington chokers! Pittsburgh proven!" come from stupid people who do not matter.

Edited by shocky2002

6 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Pittsburgh is the better team, but they don't have home ice, and Malkin/Hagelin are out in game 1. The vegas series odds has shifted from Pittsburgh being a 54% favorite to about 51%. If Malkin isn't 100%, it's a virtual coin flip imo. Any takes such as "Washington chokers! Pittsburgh proven!" come from stupid people who do not matter.

What an ignorant thing to say.  Especially since history has shown that the Pens can win (and usually do against the Caps) and Washington usually chokes in the playoffs.  Sorry if people basing their prediction on historical facts offends you.

The Pens have played way more hockey than anyone over the past few years and with Malkin and Hagelin out, Ovechkin being on fire, the revenge factor for the Caps coming into play, this is as good as it'll get for the Caps.