• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Glad the Pens are gone, but at the same time, it would have been more satisfying, for me anyways, to see Stevie's team beat them.  Oh well, done is done, now I don't have to listen to anymore of this "3elieve" non-sense and I can enjoy watching the Bolts beat on the Caps.

Ahhhh yessss. Now the season is complete, Pens are gone. Hope the Jets win tonight and crush Vegas next round, although the first they owe Detroit is already in the 28-31 range so it's not gonna make much of a difference now. 

I think it's funny how people think Wings fans are the best fans. Jesus, just look at Winnipeg. You could pay Wings fans to go to a game, and they'd still wouldn't cheer and involve themselves like this. I happen to think the fans that go to our games are some of the most boring fans in the entire NHL. 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

i picked Jets over Bolts in my bracket challenge thing... but it'd be great to see a Jets/Caps cup final. The emotion and crowd would be so intense for both of those teams trying to win a cup. 

Yep, i'd love to see that. Hopefully the Jets can bring the Cup back to Canada for the first time since 1993.

8 hours ago, amato said:

i picked Jets over Bolts in my bracket challenge thing... but it'd be great to see a Jets/Caps cup final. The emotion and crowd would be so intense for both of those teams trying to win a cup. 

Same. 

I'd prefer Jets vs Caps too. Only because I drew Washington (and Anaheim) in a blind draw. Winnipeg win, I'm happy because that's been my team all playoffs. Washington win, I'm happy because I win $160.

16 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Tampa's defense is a little weak, I could see Washington putting up quite a few goals against the Bolts.

In the regular season the Bolts had some bad games on defense, but the playoffs, they've really fixed it up.  Boston was one of the highest scoring teams in the league and they held them to 2 goals or less in 3 of the 5 games.  Their ability to keep Boston's top line in check was really the difference.  I would imagine they'd be able to do the same to the Caps especially if Backstrom doesn't come back soon.

6 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

In the regular season the Bolts had some bad games on defense, but the playoffs, they've really fixed it up.  Boston was one of the highest scoring teams in the league and they held them to 2 goals or less in 3 of the 5 games.  Their ability to keep Boston's top line in check was really the difference.  I would imagine they'd be able to do the same to the Caps especially if Backstrom doesn't come back soon.

Fortunately for the Caps, Barry Trotz lives for suffocating, low-scoring hockey.

On 2018-05-07 at 11:19 PM, kickazz said:

No.

Would be funny to see the Jets do what the other 6 Canadian teams haven’t been able to do for the past 20+ years in just 7 years after getting a franchise back in Winnipeg. The three Western teams blown Finals opportunities after all going to 7 games and the Leafs 50+ years of failure just adds to it.

18 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

This, and Vas has had a great playoffs after a drop towards the end of the regular season. Holtby hasn’t been his usual disappointing playoff self either though, but he could implode at any time. Should be a good series.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Washington - Winnipeg would be a very interesting SCF.

Hell, I don't care anymore, all is right with the hockey world with Pit being gone and Chicago never making it!

I couldn't be happier with the remaining teams. Yeah, Tampa's in there, but that gives me a team to actively root against.

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I couldn't be happier with the remaining teams. Yeah, Tampa's in there, but that gives me a team to actively root against.

Why do so many Wings fans hate Tampa so much? I dont get it. Well, I guess I kinda do, but I'll always root for any team Yzerman is involved with. I'd love to see him win another Cup, first as a general manager.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why do so many Wings fans hate Tampa so much? I dont get it. Well, I guess I kinda do, but I'll always root for any team Yzerman is involved with. I'd love to see him win another Cup, first as a general manager.

They beat us in our last two playoff appearances and it's gotten to the point where we're incapable of beating them in a 60-minute game. They bring our shortcomings into sharp focus.

Props to Yzerman, who will always have a special place in my heart. But he and the TBL organization can get wreckt.

Is that tribalistic? You bet your ass it is! :boxing:

Edited by Dabura

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

They beat us in our last two playoff appearances and it's gotten to the point where we're incapable of beating them in a 60-minute game. They bring our shortcomings into sharp focus.

Props to Yzerman, who will always have a special place in my heart. But he and the TBL organization can get wreckt.

Is that tribalistic? You bet your ass it is! :boxing:

I get it, and I'd probably have a little hate on for Tampa too if Yzerman wasn't the man down there. I just can't force myself to hate anything Yzerman has touched (built).

In general though, I usually respect teams that beat us more than I hate them. It's not even like we had a big rivalry or anything with the Lightning, because like you said, they always beat us...

I tend to lean more towards hating individual players over teams anyway. The only team, I really hate is Toronto, and that's only because everyone I know are Leafs fans. And to be honest, I don't even really hate them (don't tell anyway...), I just don't want them to EVER become a truly elite team or god forbid, win the Stanley Cup...