• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Why do so many Wings fans hate Tampa so much? I dont get it. Well, I guess I kinda do, but I'll always root for any team Yzerman is involved with. I'd love to see him win another Cup, first as a general manager.

They're like the ugly, bratty, spoiled step-child of the Wings. That's why.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I get it, and I'd probably have a little hate on for Tampa too if Yzerman wasn't the man down there. I just can't force myself to hate anything Yzerman has touched (built).

In general though, I usually respect teams that beat us more than I hate them. It's not even like we had a big rivalry or anything with the Lightning, because like you said, they always beat us...

I tend to lean more towards hating individual players over teams anyway. The only team, I really hate is Toronto, and that's only because everyone I know are Leafs fans. And to be honest, I don't even really hate them (don't tell anyway...), I just don't want them to EVER become a truly elite team or god forbid, win the Stanley Cup...

I hear ya.

If I'm being real, I don't genuinely hate them. I don't truly hate any team these days, at least not like I once hated the Avs or the Ducks or the Pens. I hate the Bolts in a "They're our tormentor, so I'm contractually obligated to hate them" way. I don't feel it in my bones. Nothing personal, just business. (The business of being a fan.)

20 hours ago, Dabura said:

They beat us in our last two playoff appearances and it's gotten to the point where we're incapable of beating them in a 60-minute game. They bring our shortcomings into sharp focus.

Props to Yzerman, who will always have a special place in my heart. But he and the TBL organization can get wreckt.

Seeing as how they were a team on the rise and we were on the decline, that really doesn't bother me.  Bringing our shortcomings into focus is, I think, a good thing.  We could be like some franchise that are clueless, keep doing the same dumb things over and over again and fail.  

Maybe its just me, but I can turn my hatred on and off like a switch.  If the Bolts aren't playing us, I'm cheering for Stevie's team.  I want him to get his name on the Cup again.  However, when they do play us... eff those guys!  

Big game tonight.

53 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Seeing as how they were a team on the rise and we were on the decline, that really doesn't bother me.  Bringing our shortcomings into focus is, I think, a good thing.  We could be like some franchise that are clueless, keep doing the same dumb things over and over again and fail.  

Maybe its just me, but I can turn my hatred on and off like a switch.  If the Bolts aren't playing us, I'm cheering for Stevie's team.  I want him to get his name on the Cup again.  However, when they do play us... eff those guys!  

You are a spineless traitor.

You disgust me.

:lol:

Edited by Dabura

19 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Rinne pulled after a 2-0 goal in the first? Hurt? Taking a break to calm down? Makes zero sense to play the goalie with no playoff experience in a Game 7.

2 awful goals from the goaline. He clearly wasn’t ready for this one.

2 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

True, but they got one back. I dunno if i'd bet on the far less experienced goalie in a 2-1 game. I want the Jets to win anyways though, so no Rinne works out.

8 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Poor stick position on the first one, but I think the second can be blamed at least a little on the defense. Everyone was just watching Stastny. A little surprised they pulled Rinne. Maybe he pulled himself? 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

Poor stick position on the first one, but I think the second can be blamed at least a little on the defense. Everyone was just watching Stastny. A little surprised they pulled Rinne. Maybe he pulled himself? 

Yea the defense definitely didn’t help on that 2nd goal. I thought they might just pull him, let him gather his thoughts, then put him back in. Saros has made some pretty good saves so far tho.

Just now, BinMucker94 said:

Yea the defense definitely didn’t help on that 2nd goal. I thought they might just pull him, let him gather his thoughts, then put him back in. Saros has made some pretty good saves so far tho.

I thought that too. Hard to imagine Pekka doesn’t want to go in but CBC announcers were talking about how he’s said that he gets in his own head sometimes or something to that effect.. just a rough night for him I guess?

and yeah, Saros looks good. Jets should’ve got more shots on him when he first got out there, now he just looks comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Rinne reminded me of Patrick Lalime against Toronto in game 7.  Talk about putting your team under the bus.  

I honestly don't remember. They called him Patrick Roy-lime. Did he give up 7 game 7 goals too?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Scheifele with 10 goals and 15 points in these playoffs.

If a wizard from the future told me Larkin will ultimately become a Scheifele-tier centerman in this league, I would be ecstatic.

Stastny has been huge for them too. 5 goals now I think? And they almost got Brassard (i think?) instead. 

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Scheifele with 10 goals and 15 points in these playoffs.

If a wizard from the future told me Larkin will ultimately become a Scheifele-tier centerman in this league, I would be ecstatic.

Scheifele has been my most wanted C for 2 years now. Very underrated. And he's.......Right handed!

Always thought the Pens chose the wrong goalie.

http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/steigerwald-call-crazy-pens-will-regret-trading-fleury/

Matt Murray is Having a Bad Season | Pittsburgh Hockey Now

pittsburghhockeynow.com/matt-murray-bad-season

Matt-alytics: Matt Murray Injury Numbers are Staggering | Pittsburgh ...

pittsburghhockeynow.com/matt-alytics-matt-murrays-durability-stack/

Matt Murray's health becoming a long-term concern for Penguins | The ...

www.thehockeynews.com › News

This year was a huge learning experience for Matt Murray | Pittsburgh ...

www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2018/05/.../Matt-Murray.../201805100086

Yeah, Murray's injury history is long enough for a guy that just finished his third NHL season. He's good, but still young, and despite how well he can play and winning two Cups already (which may have had quite a bit to do with the team in front of him and the refs..), he could fizzle out. Fleury is the better, more proven, experienced goalie. Can't believe i just gave Fleury props, but yeah, he's backstopped an expansion team to the Conf Finals in their inaugural season. Can't deny he's been excellent.