• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Go Jets! 

Hoping for a Jets Caps Final!

Really though, I'm okay with any of the final 4 winning the Cup.

Winnipeg - probably my 2nd favorite team for the past few years.

Vegas - amazing story.

Tampa - Yzerman

Washington - money.

Hell of a game. It was a little closer than the score but the jets were all over the preds at times and deserve the win for sure. 

Plus, 3/4 of my conference finals (& my whole final) are correct in my bracket :D  Pretty solid chance to win my pools, so I’m happy. 

Great showing by the Jets.  Both of these final two series will most definitely be amazing and I cant wait to watch them.  I personally think Vegas will beat the Jets and Tampa will win over the Caps, but Id like to see the Caps get to the finals so hopefully they bring it.

My son picked Tampa and LV at the beginning of the season to play in the Finals and I was like "No dude, you don't understand.  Expansion teams never do well in their first year.  They'll be lucky if they don't have the worst record in the league."  Well... here we are.  I feel like the Jets are a better team, but LV made it this far with everyone doubting them.  

I feel pretty confident that the Bolts will beat the Caps and go on to win the Cup no matter who they play.  

15 hours ago, amato said:

Stastny has been huge for them too. 5 goals now I think? And they almost got Brassard (i think?) instead. 

Great pickup for them. Scheifele-Stastny-Little is the kind of center depth that makes me nerd out. I love center depth. I think it's every bit as important as depth on the back end.

Jets are stacked at C, W, D. It's nuts. Scheifele, Stastny, Little. Laine, Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor. Byfuglien, Trouba, Morrissey.

Cheveldayoff's patience is finally paying off.

Caps up 2-0 after 20. Outshooting the Bolts 9-2.

I like the Caps in this series for two reasons:

1. The Caps have become a Trotz team this season, i.e. they now know how to stifle high-powered offenses and grind out close wins in low-scoring games
  2. The Caps slayed their dragon (the Pens) and a victory like that can be the mother of all shots in the arm

The Jets are a tougher team physically, have as much scoring depth, better defence, and a Vezina finalist in net who looks calm and focused. Vegas beat LA and SJ, but the Jets are like a combination of both. The toughness of LA and the scoring power of SJ. We all know Fleury is due for a meltdown soon too.

Jets in 6.

Just now, F.Michael said:

I'm really pulling for the Jets.

That franchise, and city deserves a shot at the :stanley:

Yep. They have a dedicated fanbase in Winnipeg that are always behind them, have been since they sold all the season tickets in no time to bring a franchise back there seven years ago. Never see much complaining from them even in bad seasons. They're happy to have a team again. Not the typical fickle Leafs/Habs fans, although those fans have more reasons to be that way. I've never felt like standing behind a Canadian team before, even Vancouver during their run, although I was pulling for Ottawa in the final four last season, but that had a lot to do with Pittsburgh being their opponent. The Jets are different, it's a team you want to see succeed.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Sad part was when they lost their team to Arizona (and QC to Colorado) the fans were there the whole time...Just that the BoG wanted more teams here in the USA cuz $$$.

Hoping QC gets a re-location soon.

They're happy they didn't end up with the Arizona franchise back in Winnipeg i'm sure. lol And Quebec losing their franchise to Colorado when they were pretty well a solid goalie away from a Cup was bulls***. And of course, they relocate, get Roy, and win the Cup the same season. Pure kick in the nuts, although MTL never would have traded Roy to QC. But they could have traded for someone good enough to win it no problem.