• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, kickazz said:

Been reading about how people had issue with Vegas opening ceremony.

Clearly some people have not been to Las Vegas or understand it's culture. That's how all the shows are over there. Maybe watch a couple of old-time mob movies or something to get an idea of the Vegas culture and it's transition. 

Las Vegas = dramatic.

Always. 

I heart Las Vegas.

Caps win 6-2. Lead series 3-1. I think Vegas sneaks in another win at home in game 5, and the Caps win it all in 6.

Rewatching the 98 Finals highlights against the Caps, I am reminded what a beast Doug Brown(ov) was in that series. Game tying goal in Game 2, two goals in game 4. If there was one non-HOF guy on that roster that I could have on this team now, it would be Doug Brown, hands down.

The expression on his face on the game tying goal in game 2 was priceless. With Dougie, every goal was like his first.

22 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Whose dumb idea was it to have two days off between every game except 2 and 3? If this was the world series you'd only need 2 starting pitchers. 

Although having the night off let me watch the NBA finals and laugh at the Cavs. Gotta suck getting owned in the same way they did last year in game 3.

Almost as bad as us vs the Bolts except I am emotionally invested in the Wings and cuss words would have been uttered. 

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Obviously I'd like to see a Caps win tonight.   Both because I want to see Ovechkin lift the Cup,  and because I want Don Cherry to die of a hate induced heart attack on the same night. 

"THERE'S NO PLACE FOR IT IN TODAY'S GAME, THESE ARROGANT CELEBRATIONS BY THAT RUSSIAN FELLA, HOW THE HECK DO YOU SAY HIS NAME RON?"

"Kooz-net-sov"

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID YA DUMMY"

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

My office is next door to the Capitals Arena and I'll be outside in the sea of humanity watching the game on the big outdoor screens for the remainder of the series.   I'll try to get some pics and vids if the Caps clinch.   

I might be there if Vegas wins tonight. A few of my friends are going and I’m thinking about tagging along for the ride.