• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Meh. Never heard of you, 

I dont care if you've never heard of me. I'm letting you know that these are my values and I'm not of afraid of letting anyone know where I stand.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How many posts did it take before a Trump/Hitler comparison got made? :lol:

Again, you're extrapolating way too much from my post. I'm not advocating the Left back down, or roll-over and die, I'm saying you've picked the wrong hill to die on. What does DSP not showing up to the white house achieve? I'll tell you what it achieves for Trump... It gives him even more ammo, another thing to point at and say "see, look how disrespectful the left is, kooky DSP won't even accept my friendly invitation and congratulations."

These petty squables/disagreements are killing the left, because you're feeding into Trump's narrative that the Left is petty, biased, and vicious.

I think the smartest thing DSP can do is attend, be cordial and respectful, and use the opportunity to politely show disagreement with the president... maybe even hope to change his mind on something! If the left wants the moral high ground over Trump, that's where it is.

If anyone is extrapolating too much, it's you. DSP does not represent the left. He could be Republican for all we know. But as a black man, he feels personally offended by the president's words and actions and does not want to be in his presence. As is his right. But of course, again, predictably, the conservative media has conflated the actions of an individual into the agenda of an entire political party.

Edited by RobotHeart

1 minute ago, RobotHeart said:

If anyone is extrapolating too much, it's you. DSP does not represent the left. He could be Republican for all we know. But as a black man, he personally feels offended by the president's words and actions and does not want to be in his presence. As is his right. But of course, again, predictably, the conservative media has conflated the actions of an individual into the agenda of an entire political party.

Again, youre not following my point. Im not saying it's not DSP's right... in fact Ive confirmed the exact opposite, that it is. Frankly I could care less which party he ascribes too.

My point is, again, this course of action doesnt hurt Trump, it aids him. If DSP wants to make a stand against Trump I don't think this is the way to do it. 

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Again, youre not following my point. Im not saying it's not DSP's right... in fact Ive confirmed the exact opposite, that it is. Frankly I could care less which party he ascribes too.

My point is, again, this course of action doesnt hurt Trump, it aids him. If DSP wants to make a stand against Trump I don't think this is the way to do it. 

You're assuming that DSP has a political agenda here in america. He is Canadian after all, and will probably move home after his career is over. It's entirely plausible that he just hates the dude and cant stand to be in the same room as him. But whatever, let's assume that he wants to raise awareness about the dangers facing the black community in america. What greater opportunity will he ever have to show the world that black people are fed up with this s***? And what message does it send to black kids that look up to DSP to see pictures of him shaking hands and playing nice with someone like Trump? I think you're undervaluing the importance of symbolic gestures like these.

Edited by RobotHeart

4 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

You're assuming that DSP has a political agenda here in america. He is Canadian after all, and will probably move home after his career is over. But whatever, let's assume that he wants to raise awareness about the dangers facing the black community in america. What greater opportunity will he ever have to show the world that black people are fed up with this s***? And what message does it send to black kids that look up to DSP to see pictures of him shaking hands and playing nice with someone like Trump? I think you're undervaluing the importance of symbolic gestures like these.

Trump was called a racist all throughout the election, he still won.

Trump was called a racist after the election, he's still not impeached.

If you think labeling Trump as a racist is an effective message, then we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's having the opposite effect. Bigger names than DSP have publicly taken stances that he's a racist, and that did diddly. So I maintain, there's nothing to achieve here for DSP. If he doesn't care about how his actions will be used after the fact, and his own morality simply precludes him from going, then so be it, that's his prerogative.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trump was called a racist all throughout the election, he still won.

Trump was called a racist after the election, he's still not impeached.

If you think labeling Trump as a racist is an effective message, then we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's having the opposite effect. Bigger names than DSP have publicly taken stances that he's a racist, and that did diddly. So I maintain, there's nothing to achieve here for DSP. If he doesn't care about how his actions will be used after the fact, and his own morality simply precludes him from going, then so be it, that's his prerogative.

There were many failures that led to Trumps victory over the Democrats. I dont think that calling him out for his abhorrent behaviour was one of them.

And the fact that Trump has yet to be impeached has less to do with public opinion and more with the fact that his party controls both houses of the Senate. Trump cannot and will not be convicted unless a dozen Republicans cross party lines. Not going to happen.

1 minute ago, RobotHeart said:

There were many failures that led to Trumps victory over the Democrats. I dont think that calling him out for his abhorrent behaviour was one of them.

And the fact that Trump has yet to be impeached has less to do with public opinion and more with the fact that his party controls both houses of the Senate. Trump cannot and will not be convicted unless a dozen Republicans cross party lines. Not going to happen.

Ok, we might as well go down the rabbit hole...

What "abhorrent behavior" specifically led you to conclude Donald Trump is a racist?

What crime do you believe Trump is guilty of, that Republicans are protecting him from conviction on?

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok, we might as well go down the rabbit hole...

What "abhorrent behavior" specifically led you to conclude Donald Trump is a racist?

What crime do you believe Trump is guilty of, that Republicans are protecting him from conviction on?

All of it. All of his behavior is disgusting. It's like he goes out of his way to be as big a piece of s*** as possible and you people just eat it up. Calling black people sons of *******, refugees from s*** hole countries, Mexicans are rapists and murderers, ***** grabbing, cheating on his pregnant wife, making fun of disabled people, Rosie's a disgusting pig, the white house is a dump, white nationalists are very fine people, bragging about the size of his dick, threatening to imprison his political opponents, talking about putting drug dealers to death, joking about making himself president for life. I mean jesus, what is it about this ******* guy that you find appealing? His haircut? I dont think that he could be less presidential if he took a dump on the floor in the middle of the oval office. What exactly does he have to do to lose your support?

1 hour ago, RobotHeart said:

All of it. All of his behavior is disgusting. It's like he goes out of his way to be as big a piece of s*** as possible and you people just eat it up. Calling black people sons of *******, refugees from s*** hole countries, Mexicans are rapists and murderers, ***** grabbing, cheating on his pregnant wife, making fun of disabled people, Rosie's a disgusting pig, the white house is a dump, white nationalists are very fine people, bragging about the size of his dick, threatening to imprison his political opponents, talking about putting drug dealers to death, joking about making himself president for life. I mean jesus, what is it about this ******* guy that you find appealing? His haircut? I dont think that he could be less presidential if he took a dump on the floor in the middle of the oval office. What exactly does he have to do to lose your support?

• Calling black people sons of ******* - No he didn't, here's the actual quote: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’”
  • Refugees from s***hole countries - believe it or not, but there are s***hole countries in this world, and no I do not feel an obligation to take on their refugees
  • Mexicans are rapists and murderers - True, some of them are. Just like some Americans are.
  • ***** grabbing - I've said way worse things in the presence of male friends, guess I'm abhorrent too. Oh well.
  • Cheating on his wife - Bill Clinton
  • Making fun of disabled people - The gesture your referring too, Trump does to everyone, he's not said a negative thing about the disabled other than when he speaks about Hillary
  • Rosies a disgusting pig - she is, and that was one of the most hilarious things Ive ever seen on television
  • The white house is a real dump - work orders confirmed the white house had multiple mice, cockroach, and ant infestations throughout the grounds. As well numerous broken fixtures including doors, chairs, and toilet seats. Accurate assessment IMO.
  • White nationalists are very fine people - he didn't say this. Here's the exact quote: “I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. You also had some very fine people on both sides"
  • Bragging about his dick size - and the left tried mocking him for dick size...
  • Threaten to imprison his political opponents - got a quote? I don't know what you're referring to with this one.
  • Putting drug dealers to death - I agree with you on this one, drug dealers shouldn't be given the death penalty, and Trump won't ever be able to sentence a drug dealer to death anyhow. I chalk this to just more of his over-the-top speech
  • Joking about making himself president for life - Keyword: joking

I understand some don't like how he speaks, but nothing on your list solidifies he's a racist or should be convicted of some unknown crime.

What do I find appealing about Trump? I find it appealing how upset he makes you. I like the drama and the spectacle. It's good tv. And as a sidenote, I like where my stocks and other assets are at, but mostly I like the first part.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

24 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I've heard of 'chill-filtering', but this is ridiculous.

DSP is a RFA...Anyone else think that his comments might hurt his chances of getting re-signed?

What's chill-filtering?

I do think it could hurt his chances. If there are Trump fans in his lockerroom it could naturally lead to some bad feelings among teammates. However, if they are mature adults they won't let it bother them that DSP has a different POV/opinion.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

DSP is a RFA...Anyone else think that his comments might hurt his chances of getting re-signed?

No lol. If anything he probably gained respect amongst fans and even some management. Wash DC is super anti Mr. T. They'll welcome it.

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Chill-filtering is a process used for whisk(e)y (most cases in scotch, and Irish whiskey) where before bottling the whisk(e)y is chilled to roughly -10 C to 4 C, and run thru a fine filter which removes and natural fats, and oils...By doing this you reduce the chance of 'cloudiness' when adding either ice, or water to your drink.

Many find the cloudiness disturbing so the distillers tend to do it on the 'mass consumed' line of spirits whereas the more pricey/rare/expensive whisk(e)y will have it on their label to which scotch-snobs/bourbon-braggarts such as myself tend to enjoy...

ablob.12yov10.jpg

Didn't know this. My local liquor store has half-gallons of Woodford's for $50.00 right now. Until that price goes back up I'm not getting back into the more snobby stuff.

6 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

So you're saying that it's actually black people's fault that white people are so racist, and if black people want their voices heard they need to learn to do it in a way that protects white people's feelings? That's just so... adorable.

CRL never said that. Also, every race is capable of racism, not just whites (which is a racist term IMO, Caucasian is the PC term). And if one is going to protest something, then yes, they should do it in a respectful and dignified way. Protesting being offended by doing something offensive in return is pretty much the definition of hypocrisy. 

6 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

You're saying that when black people speak out, white people feel attacked and need someone to protect their feelings. Give me a break. Kneeling for the anthem is one of the smartest and most respectful forms of protest that I can think of. And of course, predictably, the right has twisted it into the ultimate slap in our nation's face ever. The mother ******* president of the United states can call black athletes "sons of *******" on national television, and yet when black athletes decline to attend a meeting with him, they are the ones that are being disrespectful and need to learn how to act like professionals. The way that conservatives and evangelicals have embraced and defend this man is so telling, and validates what minorities have been saying about racism in this country for decades.

A sock account is for people to hide their identity. I am very clear and open about who I am.

Tell that to a US military service member or veteran, black or white, and see what they think about that. Mr. T's comments about the anthem had to do with the actions of those players not their races. Or can't someone criticize a person of color without being a racist? Yes, professional athletes should act like professionals Why is that a problem? There is a difference between one's political/governmental ideology and their social ideology or morality. You can identify with one and deplore the other. By your logic, anyone who supported George Clinton thought that sexual harassment and adultery are perfectly acceptable. Which it most certainly is not.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Really?

I'm shocked...Like many wealthy white men in this country - I would've pegged him as a conservative type.

Woodford's Reserve is an excellent bourbon (right up there with Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Makers 46, and Larceny).

While many bourbons are chill-filtered - they have no E150 (caramel coloring to enhance the appearance - scotch has a lot of this unless it says it doesn't on the label), bourbon uses new charred American White Oak barrels for aging (Irish, and scotch use our 'sloppy seconds' to age their whisk(e)y), it's a crap ton cheaper than scotch, and...'MURICA! 

Have you made your own yet?

5 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

I am Bannedforlife. I have been banned for life. I am gone but not forgotten. In my spare time here in the afterlife I like to read about hockey, and I occasionally create new accounts when I want to weigh in on a topic or push Lefty closer to the edge. Nice to meet you.

You're advocating the left wait it out and not poke the bear. I believe that was also the Jewish community's approach during Hitler's rise to power.

And yet you aren't talking about hockey.

Yes, MLK's model of protest worked, Malcolm X's didn't. Read a history book.

Yes. Mr. T is clearly planning for ethnic cleansing.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

If anyone is extrapolating too much, it's you. DSP does not represent the left. He could be Republican for all we know. But as a black man, he feels personally offended by the president's words and actions and does not want to be in his presence. As is his right. But of course, again, predictably, the conservative media has conflated the actions of an individual into the agenda of an entire political party.

He's a Canadian. so I doubt that.

What does this have to do with CRL?

3 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

You're assuming that DSP has a political agenda here in america. He is Canadian after all, and will probably move home after his career is over. It's entirely plausible that he just hates the dude and cant stand to be in the same room as him. But whatever, let's assume that he wants to raise awareness about the dangers facing the black community in america. What greater opportunity will he ever have to show the world that black people are fed up with this s***? And what message does it send to black kids that look up to DSP to see pictures of him shaking hands and playing nice with someone like Trump? I think you're undervaluing the importance of symbolic gestures like these.

Image result for black people rioting

He could just not show up, but instead he couldn't resist the opportunity to use the "R" word. A graceful decline of the invitation would have sent the same message without looking like a jerk.

3 hours ago, RobotHeart said:

Image result for basket of deplorables gif

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I've heard of 'chill-filtering', but this is ridiculous.

I know what RFA stands for, but what does DSP stand for? Dumb S**t Protestor?

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

:lol:

Don't have the patience nor the $$$ for what's needed to make a 'quality' spirit (otherwise it's just crappy moonshine).

I don't mind supporting the good folks in Kentucky (or Scotland for that matter) for they make some yummy stuff.

Yeah obviously you're not gonna be able to replicate what the master distillers produce, but it's fun to make and experiment with. I recently made a banana mash... currently aging it. Might turn out awful, might be delish. You never know.

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

That's the magic of DC culture. 

That's the magic of Swamp culture

Fixed

27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Really?

I'm shocked...Like many wealthy white men in this country - I would've pegged him as a conservative type.

Woodford's Reserve is an excellent bourbon (right up there with Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Makers 46, and Larceny).

While many bourbons are chill-filtered - they have no E150 (caramel coloring to enhance the appearance - scotch has a lot of this unless it says it doesn't on the label), bourbon uses new charred American White Oak barrels for aging (Irish, and scotch use our 'sloppy seconds' to age their whisk(e)y), it's a crap ton cheaper than scotch, and...'MURICA! 

Much like George Soros, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet, the uber wealthy are often leftists, the "Liberal Elite". That's because they think that because they are so successful, intelligent, and powerful that they should be the ones making the decisions for everyone else thru "big government", because the peons like us can't possibly think or make decisions for ourselves, that's why we aren't among the elite.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Much like George Soros, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet, the uber wealthy are often leftists, the "Liberal Elite". That's because they think that because they are so successful, intelligent, and powerful that they should be the ones making the decisions for everyone else thru "big government", because the peons like us can't possibly think or make decisions for ourselves, that's why we aren't among the elite.

Boy all this political talk is really starting to show peoples true nature.

Looks like we know why Matt banned political discussions.

Just waiting for someone to come out and say that the Holocaust never happened.  

FYI all of you better know that when hockey does start. For the rest of the time on your miserable lives on these forums, I'm going to hold your political affiliations against you and make snide remarks when we discuss hockey. 

@ChristopherReevesLegs you're a racist by association officially. Wait until draft day, you better not hope we draft a black player. You racist bum. 

Edited by kickazz

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Boy all this political talk is really starting to show peoples true nature.

Looks like we know why Matt banned political discussions.

Just waiting for someone to come out and say that the Holocaust never happened.  

FYI all of you better know that when hockey does start. For the rest of the time on your miserable lives on these forums, I'm going to hold your political affiliations against you and make snide remarks when we discuss hockey. 

@ChristopherReevesLegs you're a racist by association officially. Wait until draft day, you better not hope we draft a black player. You racist bum. 

Yea yea ive spent enough time on this website flame waring with actual bigots, i aint worried.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Maybe I need to clarify...I work in healthcare, and talking to many MDs/DOs - many lean to the right...I can't blame them...The time, and $$$ spent to get where they are today - I can see their point of view when it comes to their income...And many of them are either female, or people of color.

But but how can that be..? Conservative values = racism and sexism

?

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

t's why I mentioned that this thread needs to be locked...But typical me - I'll join in on the fun when I probably shouldn't.

Want me to start a political discussion?

The alliance >>> The horde.

King Varian >>> Thrall or Garrosh

Anduin >> Sylvannas

Get at me. For the Alliance. Death to the horde.