• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Should The Wings Re-Sign Mike Green?

Rate this topic

Should The Wings Re-sign Mike Green?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Ouellet should and likely will be moved regardless if Green is re-signed or who we get in the draft. I think the biggest question regarding Ouellet, is will a team give up an asset (late round pick) for him or will he be waived. I'd be shocked if he'd on the team by October...

Daley was better. He didn't put up as many points but got no PP time, and was better defensively.

That said, if Green signs for a 1 year deal without a NTC, fine.  But I doubt that happens.  I fully expect at least 3 years at $5 mil+

I said no but it sounds like Holland wants to resign Green and it's looking like Green wants to resign back with Detroit. And it sounds like he wont be willing to take much of a pay cut either. So look for Holland to give Mike Green 3 years $16.5 million or a $5.5 million per AAV.

In In-Holland like fashion, he'll wait to see if he lands JT first....nah, who am I kidding, Holland will sign Green on June 30th to a 3 year deal WITH a NTC.  Its fine I guess, because we'll be able to put his cap on LTIR when the time comes. 

Damn, I am still SMH on that stupid Darren Helm re-sign! Ugh...oh well, water under the bridge.

17 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

I said no but it sounds like Holland wants to resign Green and it's looking like Green wants to resign back with Detroit. And it sounds like he wont be willing to take much of a pay cut either. So look for Holland to give Mike Green 3 years $16.5 million or a $5.5 million per AAV.

Is this just speculation or did you actually hear something to that effect somewhere? Toward the end of the season I thought I read his agent saying something completely opposite... something along the lines of: Green understands that his future contracts won’t hold the same value as he gets older. 

1 minute ago, amato said:

Is this just speculation or did you actually hear something to that effect somewhere? Toward the end of the season I thought I read his agent saying something completely opposite... something along the lines of: Green understands that his future contracts won’t hold the same value as he gets older...

...but this is Ken Holland!

:lol: Left out part of the quote!

Kidding of course!

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...but this is Ken Holland!

:lol: Left out part of the quote!

Kidding of course!

I know you’re mostly joking :P but I feel like without the pressure to “keep the streak alive,” the potential Green contract will be more of a “here’s what we’re giving you, take it or leave it” type of situation rather than an actual back and forth contract negotiation that raises the price. This is of course assuming his surgery went well and everything.. which sounds like it did. “He’s expected to be fine for the start of training camp” is the latest report I’ve seen. 

If we can sign him for cheap one year contract then yes. He will then turn into some pick probably and that won't hurt us. If we want to play Hicketts, Hronek, you name him, then we can also waive XO, or Jensen if need be. Here is the next test for Holland. If he hands Green a NTC or a deal longer than two years then resigning him was definitely a mistake. But I doubt that after the last few press conferences.

6 hours ago, amato said:

I know you’re mostly joking :P but I feel like without the pressure to “keep the streak alive,” the potential Green contract will be more of a “here’s what we’re giving you, take it or leave it” type of situation rather than an actual back and forth contract negotiation that raises the price. This is of course assuming his surgery went well and everything.. which sounds like it did. “He’s expected to be fine for the start of training camp” is the latest report I’ve seen. 

Green is coming off of a season ending neck injury. He and his wife just had a baby and he wants to say in Detroit. Holland has all of the leverage here. If he can't sign Green to a 2 x 5 deal or better w/o a full NTC in the 2nd year, that would be a serious failure on his part.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Green is coming off of a season ending neck injury. He and his wife just had a baby and he wants to say in Detroit. Holland has all of the leverage here. If he can't sign Green to a 2 x 5 deal or better w/o a full NTC in the 2nd year, that would be a serious failure on his part.

Completely agree. 2x5 is the highest I’d expect his contract to be. And he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to try to get as much money as possible anyway.