• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Boqvist

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Let me tell you why you're wrong...

Holland gives special treatment to Michigan boys. The only reason Hughes is ranked this high is because he's from Michigan. Michigan boys are always overrated in the draft by all teams. Stupid Michigan. Holland would rather have a Michigan team than a good team.

What we need is more Western Canadians on this team. Specifically, boys from BC or Alberta. Men from these regions are genetically predisposed to playing a gritty more physical style of hockey, which I'm sure Mackel would agree, we need.

I went to Canada once. It was weird.

47 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Let me tell you why you're wrong...

Holland gives special treatment to Michigan boys. The only reason Hughes is ranked this high is because he's from Michigan. Michigan boys are always overrated in the draft by all teams. Stupid Michigan. Holland would rather have a Michigan team than a good team.

What we need is more Western Canadians on this team. Specifically, boys from BC or Alberta. Men from these regions are genetically predisposed to playing a gritty more physical style of hockey, which I'm sure Mackel would agree, we need.

I see you're back to the usual shtick...  what we need is to draft the better player and all of the available data suggest's it's not Hughes.  Picking him would strongly imply a Michigan bias.  

14 minutes ago, mackel said:

I see you're back to the usual shtick...  what we need is to draft the better player and all of the available data suggest's it's not Hughes.  Picking him would strongly imply a Michigan bias.  

I agree, picking the #7 ranked player at #6 is just foolish. Holland needs to put his bias aside. He's got a hard-on for U of M.

27 minutes ago, mackel said:

... what we need is to draft the better player and all of the available data suggest's it's not Hughes.  Picking him would strongly imply a Michigan bias.  

Nope.

Several rankings list Hughes ahead of some or all of the other 2nd-tier defenders. "All the available data" doesn't say anything particularly conclusive, and there are good reasons to value all four of those kids (as well as the few top wingers who will be available).

Also, considering that Holland has only ever drafted two Michigan natives, and only a few more from (or committed to) Michigan schools, assuming any kind of Michigan bias would be foolish.

7 hours ago, mackel said:

I think Bouchard projects better defensively than Shattenkirk.  Also I don't think he's as soft as puppy poo like Shatty. 

Stop feeding Fido butter. Problem solved.

P.s. ur right about Shattdeuces.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

I went to Canada once. It was weird.

Only Quebec. The rest is pretty cool. Cold...but not so different.

14 hours ago, puckbags said:

You don't have to be an expert these days to know that an 18 year old kid who has had 2 concussions is now considered high risk to get more. It's open knowledge for everyone. Stop sounding like Roger Goodell. I don't claim to be an expert by any means. Hell I coach minor hockey but we are required to take concussion courses before the season starts and all the information is laid out right there for us. Even with 9 and 10 year old kids we don't mess around with it.  If we think they rang their bell we keep them off the ice, they go to the clinic and if a doctor even remotely thinks the kid has symptoms hes out a minimum 2 weeks and then reassessed.  For the sake of Boqvist I obviously hope he doesn't have concussions issues and wherever he plays whether it's Detroit or somewhere else I hope he has a long healthy career.  That being said I take Hughes or Bouchard over him at this point. 

True. But you do need to be an expert to understand the severity of his condition and to be able to judge the prognosis of it. And more importantly, to be able to judge whether or not his condition warrants passing on him. Having a layman's knowledge of concussions and brain trauma isn't enough to decide that IMO.

The only place I am seeing any concerns are from fans posting them in forums like this one. I tried searching for articles regarding his condition and any concerns that scouts, analysts, GMs may have with it and couldn't find any. I am not writing the kid off just because of whats being said here, reddit, or hf boards. Especially when those who are more knowledgeable of the situation, and are taking all the risk, aren't.

I would be happy with any of the D being mentioned as possibilities, including Boqvist.

If you avoid drafting, signing, re-signing, or trading for any player with a concussion history, you're going to have a very short list of players to choose from.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True. But you do need to be an expert to understand the severity of his condition and to be able to judge the prognosis of it. And more importantly, to be able to judge whether or not his condition warrants passing on him. Having a layman's knowledge of concussions and brain trauma isn't enough to decide that IMO.

The only place I am seeing any concerns are from fans posting them in forums like this one. I tried searching for articles regarding his condition and any concerns that scouts, analysts, GMs may have with it and couldn't find any. I am not writing the kid off just because of whats being said here, reddit, or hf boards. Especially when those who are more knowledgeable of the situation, and are taking all the risk, aren't.

I would be happy with any of the D being mentioned as possibilities, including Boqvist.

If you avoid drafting, signing, re-signing, or trading for any player with a concussion history, you're going to have a very short list of players to choose from.

If Franzen wasn't a thing, we wouldn't be talking about it

15 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin

Dobson

Bouchard

Hughes

Bernard-Docker

Wilde

Boqvist

Alexeyev

Samuelsson

Merkley

That was the list I turned in.  In that order.

Well, you have Dahlin in the right spot. But beyond that, ohhhh boy

What's wrong with his list? He is just ranking D-men.  Those top 4-5 look pretty spot on. With the concussion issues, Boqvist still in top 10, don't see any problems.

...and who's to say he's not a scout, nobody knows.

Not everyone can be a professional internet troll. You're a very tough act to follow.

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What's wrong with his list? He is just ranking D-men.  Those top 4-5 look pretty spot on. With the concussion issues, Boqvist still in top 10, don't see any problems.

...and who's to say he's not a scout, nobody knows.

Not everyone can be a professional internet troll. You're a very tough act to follow.

I'm an assistant general manager

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh what are you gonna be a "sensitive snowflake" now too? Jokes are just jokes remember?

Did i say anything but "whoa.."

But, ya, I forgot the recent news, now I get it!

Edited by LeftWinger

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Here at Starbucks we like our coffee like we like our patrons: Not black

That's true. Not too many uppity, hipster, snowflake, millenial african-americans out there, so probably pointless.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 5/6/2018 at 2:42 PM, DickieDunn said:

The only way I'd draft him is if he was head and shoulders better than anyone else on the board.  Those concussions are a major red flag.

I don't think he'll be their when we pick. Even if he is, I think Holland picks Hughes or Bouchard anyway. 

I'm just going to say, for the record, I have NOT been able to find any information about him having concussions. I thought someone said it was on his Elite Prospects page. I didn't see it there, nor have I found anything else. I even listened to a Craig Button interview from a few days ago, and he didn't say anything about concussions. Although he says he is not in the same class as Hughes, Dobson and Bouchard. He has some criticism for him too. Pretty much saying that those three have separated themselves from Boqvist. He has Arizona taking Hughes, Detroit taking Bouchard and Vancouver taking Dobson, but says those guys can go at any of those spots and it wouldn't matter. But definitely feels they are all better than Boqvist.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/button-don-t-feel-boqvist-is-in-same-class-as-hughes-dobson-bouchard-1.1073407

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm just going to say, for the record, I have NOT been able to find any information about him having concussions. I thought someone said it was on his Elite Prospects page. I didn't see it there, nor have I found anything else. I even listened to a Craig Button interview from a few days ago, and he didn't say anything about concussions. Although he says he is not in the same class as Hughes, Dobson and Bouchard. He has some criticism for him too. Pretty much saying that those three have separated themselves from Boqvist. He has Arizona taking Hughes, Detroit taking Bouchard and Vancouver taking Dobson, but says those guys can go at any of those spots and it wouldn't matter. But definitely feels they are all better than Boqvist.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/button-don-t-feel-boqvist-is-in-same-class-as-hughes-dobson-bouchard-1.1073407

A lot of people are projecting the Wings to take Bouchard. I really, really, REALLY hope we get him at 6...