• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Don't give up lil buckaroo....

If you run the bottom 8 and calculate where they are all currently and based on a win for their games in hand the picture looks brighter for us. 

3 - way tie for second place overall loser!!

image.png.55e0c1bc561a58b4d4f75493af761891.png

Plus if we lose Howard and Gus to trades we could see our chances increase ! I am going all in on the tank and will give up games like yesterday where we fight yet lose. The team isn't mailing it in totally and young guns are learning. So I am oddly okay with the current state of the team. But hey I lived through the Dead Wings era and this isn't even close to that pain so maybe that helps me cope. 

I agree with you, but I wouldn't put too much weight in us selling at the deadline. All teams we're competing with for the Jack Hughes sweepstakes will be selling at the deadline as well. And a team like Ottawa for example could potentially trade more / higher impact players than us. I'm still hopeful that we'll trade off multiple pieces, ideally Nyquist, Daley and Howard, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Nyquist is the only player traded.

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree with you, but I wouldn't put too much weight in us selling at the deadline. All teams we're competing with for the Jack Hughes sweepstakes will be selling at the deadline as well. And a team like Ottawa for example could potentially trade more / higher impact players than us. I'm still hopeful that we'll trade off multiple pieces, ideally Nyquist, Daley and Howard, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Nyquist is the only player traded.

NHL Network was talking about Ottawa possibly getting rid of Duchene and couple other big names at the deadline, not going to be easy to compete with that. If we do trade Howard (all for it if the right deal is on the table), who's in net? Bernier is well, not good. 

30 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

NHL Network was talking about Ottawa possibly getting rid of Duchene and couple other big names at the deadline, not going to be easy to compete with that. If we do trade Howard (all for it if the right deal is on the table), who's in net? Bernier is well, not good. 

Which is, well, ideal... ;)

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Depends. Whose 1sts are we getting and which draft(s)?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Depends which team / picks we'd be getting. I think it would have to include at least one top 10 pick for me to pull the trigger.

Vegas Golden Knights 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Vegas Golden Knights 

So Vegas' 2019, 2020 and 2021 1st round picks? I'd say no. It would have to be a team with multiple 1st rounders in one year, and one being a guaranteed top 10 (or at least top 15) pick.

Buffalo have three 1st round picks this year. They obviously wouldn't have any interest in a package including a pending UFA, but it would have to be a team in that sort of situation for me to consider that trade.

I'd do it for Colorado's two 2019 first round picks in a heartbeat. They obviously wouldn't though...

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Tempting.

I think I would do it. I don't think Vegas makes it far this year. We would have guaranteed two 1st round picks for the next 3 years. Beyond that first round players are "usually" average/below average. 1st round picks more or less give you top 6 forwards / top 4 defensemen. 

But the sky is blue today.

Edited by kickazz

6 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think I would do it. I don't think Vegas makes it far this year. We would have guaranteed two 1st round picks for the next 3 years. Beyond that first round players are "usually" average/below average. 1st round picks more or less give you top 6 forwards / top 4 defensemen. 

Not true. Beyond pick 20 of the 1st round, which is where those three picks could potentially be, you have approximately a 20% chance to draft a top six forward / top four defenseman.

As much as people harp on Mantha, he is a legit top six winger. I'll take the sure thing, over the long odds of drafting another one that might be as good in 3-4 years...

Like I said though, top 10 pick, sure. Anything beyond that, probably not. The only way I'm interested in trading a Mantha or Athanasiou is if we're getting an equally as good defenseman in return.

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I'd probably do it. I don't trust that Nyquist isn't going to revert to the 45-point player he's been for most of his career, so I'm not all that keen on bringing him back for 3+ years. There's no real need to move Mantha at this time, but I can think of a couple of scenarios where this deal might make good sense. Specifically: we get Hughes/Kakko and/or we sign Stone/Duchene/Panarin.

Edited by Dabura

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not true. Beyond pick 20 of the 1st round, which is where those three picks could potentially be, you have approximately a 20% chance to draft a top six forward / top four defenseman.

As much as people harp on Mantha, he is a legit top six winger. I'll take the sure thing, over the long odds of drafting another one that might be as good in 3-4 years...

Like I said though, top 10 pick, sure. Anything beyond that, probably not. The only way I'm interested in trading a Mantha or Athanasiou is if we're getting an equally as good defenseman in return.

Right but look at where we got Veleno. Players drop all the time. Plus the 1st round picks could be used as currency to bring something else like a top D man into the team. This is one of those cases where I would want Holland to hoard all the picks by expending a couple of our young guys and waiting until the right D-man or Center is available to pull the trigger. 

Turn those first rounders into Drew Doughty baby. LA gonna be in rebuild mode soon enough. 

Edited by kickazz

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Right but look at where we got Veleno. Players drop all the time. Plus the 1st round picks could be used as currency to bring something else like a top D man into the team. This is one of those cases where I would want Holland to hoard all the picks by expending a couple of our young guys and waiting until the right D-man or Center is available to pull the trigger. 

Turn those first rounders into Drew Doughty baby. LA gonna be in rebuild mode soon enough. 

Right, but the chance of another Veleno dropping to us is pretty slim. And as high as I am on Veleno, there's still no guarantee he becomes a top six center. A lot of people are still saying he'll be a solid 3rd line center (f*** those people)...

Mantha or Athanasiou could also be used as currency to bring in a top 4 defenseman. I'm all for improving our team whatever ways we can, I'm just not into trading away talented young players in their prime for draft picks.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Would anyone take a chance on Ronnie attard? He’s a late bloomer and Gonna be 20 this year but he’s having a great season and we all know dmen take longer to develop , would he be worth the risk with a 3rd rounder or is he more a later pick like 5-7?

Why not?